how to move from column to column using rightarrow, leftarrow or enter?

I have the codein datawindow custom event to capture if the user is pressing
rightarrow, leftarrow or enter. I want to be able to move from column to
column either right or left. How can I do that in the datawindow? Is there
an offset function? I havent seen one.

CHOOSE CASE key

 CASE KeyLeftArrow!
  file://move to the left cell

 CASE KeyRightArrow!
  file://move to the right cell

 CASE KeyEnter!
  file://move to the left cell, same as tab

END CHOOSE

--

Thanks,

Stephane Viau
Ottawa, Canada
Ottawa, Canada

0
Stephane

It is obviously possible to do this (just search www.deja.com for "enter as
tab" as something of that nature and use the approach outlined), but what I
am curious about is, how do you think your users will be able to move the
insertion point using keyboard?
--
pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik
Stephane Viau <viaust@rmoc.on.ca> wrote in message
> I have the codein datawindow custom event to capture if the user is
pressing
> rightarrow, leftarrow or enter. I want to be able to move from column to
> column either right or left. How can I do that in the datawindow? Is there
> an offset function? I havent seen one.
>
> CHOOSE CASE key
>
>  CASE KeyLeftArrow!
>   file://move to the left cell
>
>  CASE KeyRightArrow!
>   file://move to the right cell
>
>  CASE KeyEnter!
>   file://move to the left cell, same as tab
>
> END CHOOSE
>

> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephane Viau