How to Modify Contents of a DataWindow DDLB column based on value of another column in the same row.

I'm trying to conditionally Modify the contents of a DataWindow DDLB
column. For example,

ls_modstr = "cp_basis.Values='5 Test~t5~tIf(cp_type=~~'TB~~',30 Day~t30,3
Year~t3)'"
ls_rtn = This.Modify(ls_modstr)

Does anyone have an example of syntax that works?

Thanks,

George
0
George_Farrance
2/20/2002 4:10:21 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't believe the values attribute will actually accept a function.  Have
you thought about using a DDDW instead and applying a filter dynamically?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:10:21 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
 <George_Farrance> wrote:
>I'm trying to conditionally Modify the contents of a DataWindow DDLB
>column. For example,
>
>ls_modstr = "cp_basis.Values='5 Test~t5~tIf(cp_type=~~'TB~~',30 Day~t30,3
>Year~t3)'"
>ls_rtn = This.Modify(ls_modstr)
>
>Does anyone have an example of syntax that works?
>
>Thanks,
>
>George

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
2/22/2002 10:20:21 PM
You can't do it.  The best way round this restriction is to have two
columns, with different value lists, then use an expression to set their
Visible properties.
Search groups.google.com for details, this sort of thing has been discussed
a lot (mainly in relation to DDDWs, but the principle is the same)
Simon

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

<George_Farrance> wrote in message
> I'm trying to conditionally Modify the contents of a DataWindow DDLB
> column. For example,
>
> ls_modstr = "cp_basis.Values='5 Test~t5~tIf(cp_type=~~'TB~~',30 Day~t30,3
> Year~t3)'"
> ls_rtn = This.Modify(ls_modstr)
>
> Does anyone have an example of syntax that works?
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

0
Simon

'disabling' rows in a datawindow based on column value
I have a datawindow in which I wish to prevent edits of rows with a status = 'cmplt'. I would like the row to be 'grayed out' and inaccessible to the user (I don't want to wait until after they have changed the row to warn them that it is not allowed). where would I put the code, and what is the relevant function or property to get the 'disabled' behavior? tia You will have to set up an 'if' condition on various attributes (protect, border, background.color) on the expressions tab for each column in the row. This 'if' condition will ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Base DataGrid column contents on another column
Hi I have a DataGrid column that may contain a set number of values. Depending on the value of this column, I want another column to display LinkButtons that relate only to that value. That is, the LinkButtons in the second column must change dynamically, based on the value of the first column. Thanks Handle ItemDataBound for the grid, and manipulate the LinkButton column contents there. In what way do the linkbuttons neeed to change?JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets...

Using the column value of another row in computed column.
Hi fellow PBer's, I am having trouble figuring out how to reference the column value of a specific row. In the computed columns property sheet, I select the "More" button to modify the columns expression. The way I understand help is to specify columnname[integer] where integer is the number of rows (positive or negative) relative to the current row (ie Total[-1] would be the value of the Total column in the previous row. However, I cant seem to get this to compile in the modify expression painter. I am using PB5.0 on Win95. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

setting a column of a datawindow for all rows to a value
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to set all rows of a column in a datawindow to 1 value, without looping through all of the rows. I tried the: dw_export_marked_extract_c.Object.<column_name>.Primary[1, li_num_rows] = li_value but, it only sets the first row in the datawindow to the li_value. It did work with an array of li_value[], where every element is the same value. But you still have to loop through the array to populate it. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Unless the data that you ...

Dynamically create a datawindow and then modify a column to a DDLB
Is this possible? I have been able to dynamically create DW using SyntaxfromSQL and the create function. I would like to be able to Modify some of my columns into dropdownlistboxes and checkboxes. I have not been succesful in doing this. Any hints or suggestions? Thanks, Pablojw Didn't setting the appropriate DDLB.xxx or Checkbox.xxx attributes work? pablojw wrote in message ... >Is this possible? >I have been able to dynamically create DW using SyntaxfromSQL and the >create function. > >I would like to be able to Modify some of my columns into dr...

Dynamically creating datawindow and modifying a column to a DDLB
Is this possible? I have been able to dynamically create DW using SyntaxfromSQL and the create function. I would like to be able to Modify some of my columns into dropdownlistboxes and checkboxes. I have not bee succesful in doing this. Any hints or suggestions? Thanks, Pablojw Please post this question in the powerbuilder.datawindow newsgroup as this group is for PowerBuidler - EAServer issues. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSybase] On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:14:06 -0500, pablojw wrote: >Is this possible? >I have been able to dynamically create DW using SyntaxfromS...

Column values truncated after first row of datawindow
Having a problem with column values being truncated after the first row in a datawindow. For example, I have three columns; Cases, Pack, and Variety Name with values of 100, 12, Hammer in row 1 and 2000, 100, Screwdriver in row 2. After the dw.Update() the values in the database table for row 2 are 20, 10, Screwd. Any row after row 1 is updated using the column lengths for the values in row 1. Cases is defined as decimal(0) Pack is defined as decimal(0) Variety Name is defined as char(40) PB 7.0.3 Build 10180 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 Maybe posting the SELECT statement of...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

want to choose between URLs for a hyperlink column based on another columns value
I'd like to know if this is possible! I want to be able to select the URL I am  going to load when I click on a hyperlink column field. The value in another column will determine what URL is selected.    EXAMPLE Completion Date" DataField="Scheduled Completion Date">Completion Date" DataField="Scheduled Completion Date">Completion Date" DataField="Scheduled Completion Date">   Col1   Col2   1         T   2         S  ...

problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties
i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) : xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique activity_num, action_datetime, resource_id, activity_action_id The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working properly because the where clause is incorrect... (the column is in the Updateable Columns list). when i press the Primary Key button, it selects the other 3 columns. i can't find a...

Populating DDDW based on another column in the master Datawindow
This datawindow will include a column for address type. Each row within the datawindow will contain a different person's information, each with potentially different address types. Is there any way to populate drop down datawindows with different sets of data depending on another column on that row? The DDDW will read the same table every time, but the retrieval argument will be different from row to row. Is this even possible? Thanks, Charles Sustek Charles There is no obvious way to do this. If you filter the dddw, or retrieve it based on the current row, you risk...

Need to obtain a specific value of a column when doing Click in a row of a DataWindow
Hi, My question is the following, Need to obtain a specific value of a column when doing Click in a row of a DataWindow, As I can obtain the value of the current row? , When I use the property dw.currentRow in Click event, throws the value to me of the previous column. I have tried to obtain the row with the RowFocusChanged event but this one does not go off unless it changes of row and there is times that datawindow single has a row therefore the change of row is not detected. Regards, Cristi�n Mu�oz Tello. the clicked event s...

Select particular row and take the value of particular column selelcted row and pass the value to another page
Hi,  i'm making one webform where i'm displaying datafileds  through GridView. GridView has 6 columns like name, Id, & etc with two icons. one is email icon and another one is mobile icon. In those there are three Buttons(name, email, mobile). When the user clicks on email then it takes the values of email and it forwards to another page and mobile too. Here i can set and pass the  value of email, i'm able to pass the values when i click on email icon and it is passing successfully to another page but it is playing the same action whe...

Web resources about - How to Modify Contents of a DataWindow DDLB column based on value of another column in the same row. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo