How to get the column header value in the datawindow

Hi All

I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . I mean that
i want to get the column header value whenever i click on the
column header, i was able to get the column header name with ("dwo.name").
Is there any chance of getting the column header value with
dwo or other event plz help me

thanks

0
venu

Assuming the header is a static text object, dwo.Text

"venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . I mean
that
> i want to get the column header value whenever i click on the
> column header, i was able to get the column header name with ("dwo.name").
> Is there any chance of getting the column header value with
> dwo or other event plz help me
>
> thanks

0
Jerry

Datawindow column getting previous value
Hi, Is anyone know how to set the original value after inputting different value? My code is pd_amt = This.Object.amount.original[row] but still it gets the value that I just typed/input. What I need to get is the previous one. Let say the previous value of dw column amount is 50 then I change it into 100 I need to validate the value that I input to another value . This is my code for validating the values. if the inputted value is greater than the value that I am comparing with the dw amount column should be back to its previous value. IF Dec(data) > ld_cur T...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

How to get crosstab datawindow column value
my problem How to get crosstab datawindow column value Hi Wisdom, Try dot notation. There is a good possibility to show data as well: MessageBox( "Data", dw_Crosstab.Describe( "DataWindow.Data" ) ) Alexander Wisdom Pan schrieb: > my problem > > How to get crosstab datawindow column value don't forget to set the statis property to TRUE, before trying to access the dynamically generated columns. "Wisdom Pan" <pan_steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jB9UYNty$GA.110@forums.sybase.com... my problem How to g...

Get Value of column dynamic of datawindow crosstab
Hello to all. I have datawindow crosstab and I need to obtain the value of the generated columns . Thanks! Hola a todos. Tengo un datawindow crosstab y necesito obtener el valor de las columnas generadas dinamicamente Read the thread started by Davy De Permentier with the subject "CrossTab" on friday. "Raul Gil" <gl_ra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:414f86f2$1@forums-1-dub... > Hello to all. > > I have datawindow crosstab and I need to obtain the value of the > generated columns . > > Thanks! > &...

To get decimal value from assigned column in datawindow
I given the following sql for a datawindow SELECT sales.id, sales.amt, sales.rate, 0.00 as totalsales from sales totalsales is the column which is not a database column and the value will be stored as talsales = amt*rate. I already given column format 0.00 using editmask propery of the datawindow column. Still it is ignoring the decimal part from the value. For example if the total sales value is 300.50 , it would give 300.00. I know that computed column will work. Can anyone please let me know to use dummy decimal column to store the value including decim...

Getting RowNumber or Value from Group Header in Datawindow.
PB 9.01 build 7096. I have a grouped datawindow that I want to determine the first row in group (or get a value from the header of the group) when the user double clicks on the group header band. I have spent time looking in Help files, online books and searching the news group, but nothing specified actually works. I've tried accessing values from DWO, GetBandAtPointer (returns "background~t0" even though documentation says it should return the group n and first row in group) GetObjectAtPointer (returns empty string ) __get_attribute GetRow() I know I can re...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow
Hi !! My problem is as follows I have made a cross tab datawindow. In that i want to change the column headers at runtime. How could i get cloumn header name(it will vary at runtime) and change it at runtime. One thing is that i can't use column expression because i have to get the value from other table. Thanks in advance. Dharani Babu adharani@ssind.stpn.soft.net ...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Can you get rid of the Black Background when you click on a column header in a Grid datawindow
Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option. I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click on the column header. I am using PB 6.5.1 Regards Colin Right-click the datawindow background, and bring up the properties dialog. Uncheck the &qu...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

Web resources about - How to get the column header value in the datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo