how to get all the column names from datawindow

I would like to get all the column names from datawindow.

any help apppreciated
TIA

0
Sandeep

//1. Column names
Int li_col_count, ls_columns[]

li_col_count =
integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count"))

FOR i = 1 TO li_col_count
ls_columns[i] = idw.Describe("#" + String(i) + ".Name")
Next

//2. If you need to include CF's look at the
Object.DataWindow.Objects string (tab separated) and parse
it back to an array of DW objects.

hth

> I would like to get all the column names from datawindow.
>
> any help apppreciated
> TIA

1
lt
6/28/2004 7:04:48 PM
Thanks That what I want.

<lt> wrote in message news:40e06c6d.2362.1681692777@sybase.com...
> //1. Column names
> Int li_col_count, ls_columns[]
>
> li_col_count =
> integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count"))
>
> FOR i = 1 TO li_col_count
> ls_columns[i] = idw.Describe("#" + String(i) + ".Name")
> Next
>

> //2. If you need to include CF's look at the
> Object.DataWindow.Objects string (tab separated) and parse
> it back to an array of DW objects.
>
> hth
>
> > I would like to get all the column names from datawindow.
> >
> > any help apppreciated
> > TIA

0
Sandeep
6/28/2004 7:25:52 PM
you get get all columns in one go if you use:
* dw.Describe("datawindow.Objects ") => A list of the controls in the
DataWindow object. The names are returned as a tab-separated list.
* dw.Describe("datawindow.Syntax ") => complete syntax, holding column names
(not only the dw-controls)

and parse the result

Ben

"Sandeep" <s_saretha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to get all the column names from datawindow.
>
> any help apppreciated
> TIA

0
bede
6/29/2004 11:58:49 AM
....and why would you wnat to do that instead of looping on
integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")) ?

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

"bede" <bedenosp@m.sofico.be> wrote in message
> you get get all columns in one go if you use:
> * dw.Describe("datawindow.Objects ") => A list of the controls in the
> DataWindow object. The names are returned as a tab-separated list.
> * dw.Describe("datawindow.Syntax ") => complete syntax, holding column
names
> (not only the dw-controls)
>
> and parse the result
>
> Ben
>
> "Sandeep" <s_saretha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to get all the column names from datawindow.
> >
> > any help apppreciated
> > TIA

0
Philip
6/29/2004 1:01:00 PM
maybe he just needs the visual controls

"Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> ...and why would you wnat to do that instead of looping on
> integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")) ?
>

> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> "bede" <bedenosp@m.sofico.be> wrote in message
> > you get get all columns in one go if you use:
> > * dw.Describe("datawindow.Objects ") => A list of the controls in the
> > DataWindow object. The names are returned as a tab-separated list.
> > * dw.Describe("datawindow.Syntax ") => complete syntax, holding column
> names
> > (not only the dw-controls)
> >
> > and parse the result
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > "Sandeep" <s_saretha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I would like to get all the column names from datawindow.
> > >
> > > any help apppreciated
> > > TIA

0
bede
6/30/2004 9:40:48 AM
Didsn't he ask about c-o-l-u-m-n names?

> maybe he just needs the visual controls
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp
>

> "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > ...and why would you wnat to do that instead of looping on
> > integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")) ?
> >

> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik
> >
> > "bede" <bedenosp@m.sofico.be> wrote in message
> > > you get get all columns in one go if you use:
> > > * dw.Describe("datawindow.Objects ") => A list of the controls in the
> > > DataWindow object. The names are returned as a tab-separated list.
> > > * dw.Describe("datawindow.Syntax ") => complete syntax, holding column
> > names
> > > (not only the dw-controls)
> > >
> > > and parse the result
> > >
> > > Ben
> > >
> > > "Sandeep" <s_saretha@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Philip
6/30/2004 12:50:40 PM
Sic

he did... but without giving the actual goal it's difficult to guess why
he's asking for this. It may well be that he only needs the controls and not
all columns.
anyway, was just pointing out that there's more than one way leading to
Rome...

> Didsn't he ask about c-o-l-u-m-n names?
>

> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> "bede" <bedenosp@m.sofico.be> wrote in message
> > maybe he just needs the visual controls
> >
> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp
> >

> > "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > ...and why would you wnat to do that instead of looping on
> > > integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")) ?
> > >

> > > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > > Philip Salgannik
> > >
> > > "bede" <bedenosp@m.sofico.be> wrote in message
> > > names

0
bede

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Getting Datawindow name from datawindow child variable
Hi ! I want to get the datawindow (name) from a datawindowchild variable. But, the dwc has no way to get it. I want the code like this : datawindowchild dwc dw_1.getchild("colname", dwc) dw_2.dataobject = dwc.dataobject -------------- -> X In the above code, "dw_1.object.colname.dddw.name" is what I want. But, from the "dwc", I can't know that. Please, help! thx. You're correct. There is no way to get the datawindow name from the datawindow child, you have to ask the paren...

How does a datawindow column get its name?
Q: How does a column get its name? Pretext: Datawindow is built using Tabular - SQL Select - and Converted to Syntax. On existing datawindow - the column names have been modified to strip off the table names (so table name "company" was stripped from column name "company_code" to make it as just "code"). Change: I was changing this existing datawindow - adding one another column. After adding the column into the SQL-SELECT, the datawindow display warning message as "SELECT change has forced update specification change" ( I have update pro...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

CrossTab Datawindows and Getting the Column Names
Hi, I'm kind of new to the Crosstab Datawindow. Currently, we are trying to develop a Crosstab Datawindow to show a grid similar to: Extra Small Small Medium Large Extra Large Blue 1 Red 1 Green 1 Yellow 1 with empty boes to type in. This would be used when someone is taking an order for shirts, for example. I can pretty much get this far. My problem is when I am trying to get the name for the Columns. I am using the...

How to get Column names from dynamic Datawindow?
Attached is a piece of code that opens a datastore based on a datawindow which is itself based on a stored procedure that takes two parameters. There are two records in the dataset. The problem is thus: this code will be customized in each application but the "linked" list it will be stored in is part of a PFC service that will not know the number/names of fields until run time. That code is generic and creates the initial linked list from records stored in a table that "defines" the number/names of fields. Since the code must not make any assumptions about the ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

how to get the name of datawindow ?
I have a datawindow 'dw_sample' , I put a new expression in that datawindow : "describe('datawindow.name')", but it return the result : 'datawindow', and not the name 'dw_sample' am I describe the wrong expression ? you can't get the name of the datawindow from within the datawindow. "wong KS" <wongkingsu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4827199e@forums-1-dub... >I have a datawindow 'dw_sample' , I put a new expression in that datawindow : >"describe('datawindow.name')", but it return...

Datawindow column names
We have some datawindows that are fairly large (75Kb+), with 220+ columns (there is a lot of Oracle decoding going on) as well as some computed columns. Every time that we change the SQL statement, the datawindow painter changes the name of the columns, prefixing the column names with the table names. What are the rules concerning what type of change to the datawindow SQL statement causes this to happen? And is there a way to configure/fool the datawindow painter to stop it from renaming the columns everytime we modify the SQL? This is PB5.0.2 on Win95 running against Oracle 7.2. Than...

Web resources about - how to get all the column names from datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo