How to change text in a text object of composite report.

--------------B06487694CA25DFE68949459

Hi,
In composite report I need dynamicaly change some text fields' values. I
tried to get child and used dot notation., but it didn't work. bellw is
the code. What is wromg?
string ls_name
SELECT frb_label_txt
INTO   :ls_name
FROM   srt_lvl_typ_cd_dfn
WHERE  typ_cd_ind = "2" AND dist_cd = :gs_dist;
Datawindowchild dwc_report
dw_1.GetChild("d_nonofficer",dwc_report)
dwc_report.Object.level3_t.text = ls_name

--------------B06487694CA25DFE68949459

<HTML>
Hi,
<BR>In composite report I need dynamicaly change some text fields' values.
I tried to get child and used dot notation., but it didn't work. bellw
is the code. What is wromg?
<BR>string ls_name
<BR>SELECT frb_label_txt
<BR>INTO&nbsp;&nbsp; :ls_name
<BR>FROM&nbsp;&nbsp; srt_lvl_typ_cd_dfn
<BR>WHERE&nbsp; typ_cd_ind = "2" AND dist_cd = :gs_dist;
<BR>Datawindowchild dwc_report
<BR><B>dw_1.GetChild("d_nonofficer",dwc_report)</B>
<BR><B>dwc_report.Object.level3_t.text = ls_name</B><B></B>

<P>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------B06487694CA25DFE68949459--

0
Henry

Henry,

The code you have written seems to be fine. I suspect that for the first
argument to the dw_1.GetChild function , you may have specified the
datawindow object name instead of  a report name. To specify a report
name, right click on the report in the dw and click on properties.

Thanks

John.

Henry Dilsky wrote:

>  Hi,
> In composite report I need dynamicaly change some text fields' values.
> I tried to get child and used dot notation., but it didn't work. bellw
> is the code. What is wromg?
> string ls_name
> SELECT frb_label_txt
> INTO   :ls_name
> FROM   srt_lvl_typ_cd_dfn
> WHERE  typ_cd_ind = "2" AND dist_cd = :gs_dist;
> Datawindowchild dwc_report
> dw_1.GetChild("d_nonofficer",dwc_report)
> dwc_report.Object.level3_t.text = ls_name

0
John
5/14/1999 10:10:47 PM
Henry,

You are right the report is read only. Hence it does not allow to change the
text content.
Also Object is not a valid property for DatawindowChild.

Thanks

John

Henry Dilsky wrote:

> John,
> Thank you for your reply. I checked the  report name again. It was right, I
> used the name of the report not a datawindow. When I used GetRow () function
> it returned right value. It does not work only when I tried to change a
> properties of the child datawindow. Maybe it's in read only mode?
> Thanks,
>
> Henry
> John Zachariah wrote:
>
> > Henry,
> >
> > The code you have written seems to be fine. I suspect that for the first
> > argument to the dw_1.GetChild function , you may have specified the
> > datawindow object name instead of  a report name. To specify a report
> > name, right click on the report in the dw and click on properties.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John.
> >
> > Henry Dilsky wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi,
> > > In composite report I need dynamicaly change some text fields' values.
> > > I tried to get child and used dot notation., but it didn't work. bellw
> > > is the code. What is wromg?
> > > string ls_name
> > > SELECT frb_label_txt
> > > INTO   :ls_name
> > > FROM   srt_lvl_typ_cd_dfn
> > > WHERE  typ_cd_ind = "2" AND dist_cd = :gs_dist;
> > > Datawindowchild dwc_report
> > > dw_1.GetChild("d_nonofficer",dwc_report)
> > > dwc_report.Object.level3_t.text = ls_name

0
John
5/17/1999 12:26:31 PM

John Zachariah wrote:

> Henry,
>
> The code you have written seems to be fine. I suspect that for the first
> argument to the dw_1.GetChild function , you may have specified the
> datawindow object name instead of  a report name. To specify a report
> name, right click on the report in the dw and click on properties.
>
> Thanks
>
> John.
>
> Henry Dilsky wrote:
>
> >  Hi,
> > In composite report I need dynamicaly change some text fields' values.
> > I tried to get child and used dot notation., but it didn't work. bellw
> > is the code. What is wromg?
> > string ls_name
> > SELECT frb_label_txt
> > INTO   :ls_name
> > FROM   srt_lvl_typ_cd_dfn
> > WHERE  typ_cd_ind = "2" AND dist_cd = :gs_dist;
> > Datawindowchild dwc_report
> > dw_1.GetChild("d_nonofficer",dwc_report)
> > dwc_report.Object.level3_t.text = ls_name

0
Henry

Composite Datawindow
I have a composite datawindow that contains two datawindows. One datawindow has five columns that have text column headings. I need to be able to change those column headings at runtime. How can I accomplish this? I currently perform a GetChild to get a link to the subreports, but there is no way to access those subreports' properties. Thanks, Charles Sustek csustek@acep.org I use the following to modify report text objects. this.GetChild ( "dw_quote_arb_rpt", ldw_quote_arb_rpt ) ls_modvalue2 = 'N/A' ldw_quote_arb_rpt.Modify("prp_ded_t.tex...

Setting value of a text object in a composite dwo with a report object
Hello all...we are using PB9.0.3 Build 8004. I am trying to set the value of a simple text object within a composite report dwo within a report object. The composite report is dw_1. If I go into this, I have a report object named d_cme_member1. When I try modifying a text object in 'd_cme_member1' called "scan_flag_t", I am receiving a run-time error that says: Name not found accessing external object property dw_child_1... The code I have is the following: dw_1.Retrieve() -- This is OK DataWindowChild dw_child_1 -- This is OK window_name.tab_1.tabpage_1....

Report Painter Text Object text field
Writing a report that I want a paragraph's worth of info in a text field and I seem to be limited to app. three lines of text. I want more. What gives? Thanks. R. Van Zile If the object is in the detail band, make sure you have autoseize height turned on for the object and the detail band. In other bands, just increase the size of the object and band manually. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Richard Van Zile <rvanzile@usa.net> wrote in message news:Gxkbd$Ie$GA.324@forums.s...

text change, why wont you text change!!!!
Hi i've got a huge form with loadsa recordsets that populate text boxes, AND I MEAN LOADS!!!!It involves some calculationsI have text1.text which goes away and changes text2.text which is fine, but in text2.text i have another on text change thingy which it wont call :(any one have any ideas : )also does any one know how i could call a txt change, so it does the call total a. dont know if thats possible as well. Private Sub txtShare_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtShare.TextChanged Call Total_A() End SubThank you if any one one could help...

How to modify the text attribute of the Text object in a Crosstab DataWindow?
Hi, In the Code Examples, there is an example named "Enhanced Crosstab Reporting" under the topic of DataWindows/Events & Functions. I add some scripts to the window's function named wf_change_xtab(), intending to modify the text attribute of the Text objects, whose text expression has no '@' prefix. The scripts are listed below: if adw_datawindow.describe(ls_object + ".Type") = "text" then if left(adw_datawindow.describe(ls_object + ".Text"),1)<>'@' then ls_modstring = ls_modstring + ls_object + ".text=&#...

Modify a text object in a nested report object before execute the report
I'm trying to modify the text object in a nested report. I'm using this syntax: dw_report.Object.nested[1].Object.textobject.text = "Work Please" When I run the report and the nested report has rows this works very well. However when the nested report hasn't rows or it's not created because the report that contains it wasn't executed yet (but the report is created, not retrieved), this syntax returns this error :Error Accessing external Object property Object. If is possible, how I can change a property of a nested report before it's retrieve...

Help!!! How to modify the text property of Text objects in a Crosstab DataWindow.
I want to modify the text property of some Text objects in a dynamically defined Crosstab DataWindow. After the CrosstabDialog() is executed, I get a new defined Crosstab. Then I execute the following statements in a loop: if dw_crosstab.describe(ls_object + ".Type") = "text" then if left( dw_crosstab.describe(ls_object + ".Text"), 1 ) <> '@' then ls_modify_string = ls_modify_string + ls_object + ".text='zzz' " end if end if After loop is over, dw_crosstab.Modify(ls_modify_string) is called. There is no s...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Modify a text object in a nested report object before execute the report
I'm trying to modify the text object in a nested report. I'm using this syntax: dw_report.Object.nested[1].Object.textobject.text = "Work Please" When I run the report and the nested report has rows this works very well. However when the nested report hasn't rows or it's not created because the report that contains it wasn't executed yet (but the report is created, not retrieved), this syntax returns this error :Error Accessing external Object property Object. If is possible, how I can change a property of a nested report before it's retrie...

A strange problem when modify the text property of Text objects in a Crosstab DataWindow.
I want to modify the text property of some Text objects of a dynamically defined crosstab DataWindow. After the CrosstabDialog() is executed, I get a new defined Crosstab. Then I execute the following statements in a loop: if dw_crosstab.describe(ls_object + ".Type") = "text" then if left( dw_crosstab.describe(ls_object + ".Text"), 1 ) <> '@' then ls_modify_string = ls_modify_string + ls_object + ".text='zzz' " end if end if After loop is over, dw_crosstab.Modify(ls_modify_string) is called. There is no s...

Change the value of a crytal reports text object
Hi:I have a report with a dataset that is generated from a sql query from my asp.net page.The query can be different if you choose the elements from one dropdownlist, and I need to change the text object in the header of the rpt.How can I find the control from my asp.net source code and change the text? You don't use a control.  You'd add a parameter to your report, place the parameter field in your header, and set the value from your code.  See http://aspadvice.com/blogs/rjdudley/archive/2005/02/21/2554.aspx for more help.If my post is your answer, please mark it as the ans...

how to change text-object value in crystla report
Hello, Can we change dynamically the text value of any text object in crystal report. let say I have a label which is a text object in section 3. say, "Report by year" now I want if user select the value form the screen before generating a report, month. then this text object must show us "Report by month". how can i do this.   thanks,   junior...

changing the text on text box
hello, i need to build an addon which takes (on mouse click) the text of any given input text box and change it. how do i get theobject of the text box and set my text to its value. thanks... ...

Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text
I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application ....some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested reports. I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt) Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and SaveAsAscii(). For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any ideas. You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com Please post this to the powerbuilder.datawindow forum. This...

Web resources about - How to change text in a text object of composite report. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Composite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Superimpose Images-PhotoCut : cut out, montage, composite, blend, collage, background eraser, and outline ...
Get Superimpose Images-PhotoCut : cut out, montage, composite, blend, collage, background eraser, and outline on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland (HDR composite panorama) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I went on a weekend photo shoot with Icelandic photographer Orvar Porgession; we're leading two sold out photography workshops around Iceland ...

Review: Urban Armor Gear’s Composite Case for iPad Pro kills 3 birds with 1 stone
... something as big as Logitech’s Create , you’ll start searching for a “smarter” solution. From where I stand, Urban Armor Gear’s new Composite ...

Cage against the EMP: New composite cases protect against the electro-apocalypse
... safe in transit from unfriendly electromagnetism. 2 more images in gallery WASHINGTON, DC—A small company from Utah has developed a composite ...

Alternative ISM for Metalworking, Plastics, Composites Suggests Economic Contraction
... over the last four to five months. Most indices are at their lowest point since late 2012. We do this for metalworking, plastics, composites, ...

Shanghai composite could give up 110% of its latest rally: Pro
Societe Generale's Larry McDonald and Piper Jaffray's Craig Johnson discuss what could unfold in China's market.

CCRSI: Composite Price Indices Post Moderate Gains in July
This month's CoStar Commercial Repeat Sale Indices (CCRSI) provides the market's first look at July 2015 commercial real estate pricing. Based ...

Composite Of The Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Over Dallas
Higher res version HERE . This is a composite shot created by photographer Mike Mezeul II of Sunday's blood moon lunar eclipse moving across ...

Enjoy an Endless a Day On Charon in This Gorgeous Composite Image
As the New Horizons spacecraft approached Pluto this summer, it sent back photos from all angles, allowing us to reconstruct an entire day on ...