How to bold and unbold text?

How can I dynamically (in a script) bold a text item in a datawindow?  HELP
got me this far...tab_1.Weight = 700 will set the text in a tab to bold, and
using 400 will unbold it.  How do I apply this to a single text item within
a datawindow?

TIA
LAS

0
Laurel

Use this syntax:

<DW Control Name>.Object.<Columnname>.Font.Weight='<400 - Normal, 700 -
Bold>'

Brad

Laurel wrote:
> How can I dynamically (in a script) bold a text item in a datawindow?  HELP
> got me this far...tab_1.Weight = 700 will set the text in a tab to bold, and
> using 400 will unbold it.  How do I apply this to a single text item within
> a datawindow?
>
> TIA
> LAS

0
Brad
12/8/2005 6:19:32 PM
Laurel

You can use the DataWindow's Modify function.

Cheers

--
Andrew Giulinn
Senior Analyst/Programmer

"Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I dynamically (in a script) bold a text item in a datawindow?
> HELP got me this far...tab_1.Weight = 700 will set the text in a tab to
> bold, and using 400 will unbold it.  How do I apply this to a single text
> item within a datawindow?
>
> TIA
> LAS

0
Andrew
12/8/2005 11:39:42 PM
You can use the modify to bold entire columns, you can not
bold only individual words in a column.

If you want to only bold a column if it starts with a G,
in the datawindow, font tab, to the right of the bold
checkbox code:
if(left( columnx ,1) = 'G', 700, 400) //bold if G

> How can I dynamically (in a script) bold a text item in a
> datawindow?  HELP  got me this far...tab_1.Weight = 700
> will set the text in a tab to bold, and  using 400 will
> unbold it.  How do I apply this to a single text item
> within  a datawindow?
>
> TIA
> LAS

0
Dawn

Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box
Hi EveryoneI have a small thing to do [at this time , very big for me]. I want to make some text string as bold which appears in a text box control for the web. It means some of the portion of the string will be bold and some will be in the normal font style. Can anyone suggest any idea to accomplish this task. [I know that we can set the font weight property for the whole text box and all the text appears in the selected font-weight]Any suggestions.BaberBaber SaeedSoftware EngineerPalmChip, Pakistan Toll Free: 0800-000-13 Ext:494Cell: 0300-6438634 Standard TextBox that comes with ASP.NET ...

RE: How to bold and unbold text
Pardon me for posting a new message, but for some reason I can't reply to posts. Anyway... I think Laurel's request has been misunderstood. I think she is looking for a way to bold individual words within a text string, much like you can do with Word and any other Windows text editor. If I'm wrong, please forgive my rantings, however, the datawindow painter is severely lacking in the area of text embellishing. I create forms on a regular basis that need to have words bolded and italicized within a larger string, and it's a pain to piece together plain text and embell...

Text problem
Name: Alex Email: vengeance.mx_at_gmail.com Product: Minefield Summary: Text problem - bold text overlaps plain text Comments: Here's a screenshot that should give you the general idea of what's wrong - bold text (and I think hypertext, possibly other types of text, too) overlap plain text on my Mac. It's been like this since Firefox 1.5 and has never been fixed: http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/OverlappingText.png Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061031 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

bold text in text box ??
Hi all,I am using following code to display word file in text box  Dim wordApp As New Word.ApplicationClass()               Dim nullobj As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value        Dim doc As Word.Document = wordApp.Documents.Open(Session("resumepath"))        Dim doc1 As Word.Document = wordApp.ActiveDocument        Dim m_Content As String = doc1.Content.Text        tx...

Text Interpretation HTML tags not being interpreted
Hello,  I have text stored in the database field with HTML tags. I am showing it in a crystal report - and for the field I have selected Text Interpretation as HTML Text. However when I see the report, the HTML tags are not seen. However the text is not formatted as per HTML tags. e.g. <b>Bold Text</b> does not show up as bold text but as simple Bold Text. I am using Visual Studio 2005 and I believe the Crystal reports version based on info in web.config is <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Making words bold within a Textbox where text is between "<bold></bold> tags?
Hi, I have a richtext box on a aspx page from which user enters a 1000 character string which is stored as in a single colum of table. Now the user may want some of the text to be bold for which Iam also stroing the :"<bold>" tags in db. Problem is this being a sinbgle field Iam unable to figure out a way by which I can identify the text within bold tags and make it bold in report. Also remember the text user may make bold is not predefined it can be anything within the field. Please tell me how I can achive this from sql reporting.   Thanks. If you're using...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

HELP: I need to bold some text in a text box.
I am using SSRS to generate letters to be sent out for my company.  I have run into a few problems and some I was able to solve with work arounds but this one I am having the most difficulty with. I have a text box with like a paragraph of text and I want to have just a few words within the paragraph to be bolded.  There are some parts that I needed underlined so I used a rectangle to encapsulate a word i needed underlined and then set the rectangle bottom border to solid and then sent it behind the text box.  Which will create a fake underline for the report. but as for bol...

How to change the commandbutton text to bold text dynamically?
Hi all, I am working in a window which has some commandbuttons in it, I wanted to change the bold text properties of the same dynamically.There is no option for this in property list. Calrify on this.mail me : kishore@cgvakindia.com kishore Set the weight to 700. cb_1.weight = 700 //this will give you bold. HTH Cheers, James <kishore> wrote in message news:3fc1b142.7678.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi all, > > I am working in a window which has some commandbuttons in > it, > I wanted to change the bold text properties of the same > dynamicall...

Javascript:Selected text from the text area shown bold????
Hi all,I have this text area and a function which get the selected text i want to display that selected text in the same textarea which is now bold i tried the textarea .value but that writes the code along with it and the innerHTML property does not exist Any suggestions?Regards,Francis P. Ferns I'm not clear as to what you're trying to do, could you share your code?  Hi Adam,  Well im actually trying to implement a content management system . 1. I have a text area where in the text would be typed 2. I select the text from the Textarea and click on bold3. and...

How to modify the text attribute of the Text object in a Crosstab DataWindow?
Hi, In the Code Examples, there is an example named "Enhanced Crosstab Reporting" under the topic of DataWindows/Events & Functions. I add some scripts to the window's function named wf_change_xtab(), intending to modify the text attribute of the Text objects, whose text expression has no '@' prefix. The scripts are listed below: if adw_datawindow.describe(ls_object + ".Type") = "text" then if left(adw_datawindow.describe(ls_object + ".Text"),1)<>'@' then ls_modstring = ls_modstring + ls_object + ".text=&#...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

text bold

Web resources about - How to bold and unbold text? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Adrants (@adrants) on Twitter

You know you don’t have to read everything, right?
Three of my favorite blogs ( Kathy Sierra , Khoi Vinh , Signal v. Noise ) are worrying about keeping up with the deluge of information available ...

Reviewing Eno Sarris’ 10 Bold Predictions for 2014
It was a decent season. Won 25% of my leagues. Placed in the top third in 58%, bottom third in 17%. When you've got 12 leagues, mostly with sharps, ...

开发者公布 iOS 7.1.1 越狱后兼容插件列表
iOS 7.1.1 终于可以放心越狱,接下来就是各种兼容性的报告了。国外开发者在经过不断测试之后,列出了目前 iOS 7.1.1 越狱所兼容的插件名单——兼容、不兼容、以及部分兼容都已经在列表当中。

'Guidance For Our President And Our Nation'
‘The time and what must be done’—2013 Lecture Series, part 40 [ Editor’s note: The following article contains a distillation of the first part ...

a new bug specification since the recent launched layout of business listings - Google Product Forums ...
Hi all, this bug specification is likely related to an other one of mine - posted in here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps/thread ...

8.3 Jailbreak Compatibility
8.3 Jailbreak Compatibility : Tweak List A B C D E F G H I J K L M 1 This list is entirely COMMUNITY driven We are not responsible for any damage ...

Beat Back Distractions: The Neuroscience Of Getting Things Done
The challenge is that we have not realized the true cost of distractions: they use up what turns out to be a limited supply of attention each ...

Andrew Cuomo's unbold agenda for New York
Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York has just released his plans for the coming year. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, delivering his State of the State address ...

Java Swing - Real's HowTo