How I change in a datawindow the printer i want to print

I want to change for dw_1 datawindow the printer dinamically, example
if user1 send dw_1 to printera or if user2 send dw_1 to printerb. how i can
do that
0
calm_1999

Yo can not change the printer dynamically using PB means.
Taking into account that PB (as any other application) prints
onto default printer you need to change it. Take a look
at the document titled:
"Dynamically Setting a Default Printer on Win95 and NT (32 bit only)"
published at http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,3151,47627,00.html.
This is what you need. It will solve your problem.

    Regards, Vladimir.

calm_1999@yahoo.com wrote:

> I want to change for dw_1 datawindow the printer dinamically, example
> if user1 send dw_1 to printera or if user2 send dw_1 to printerb. how i can
> do that

0
Vladimir
8/11/2000 10:51:34 PM
Check out the sample app I wrote for PB6.5/WinNt.  URL:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bob_chauvin in the development folder.

This was developed to answer these types of questions.

-bac

calm_1999@yahoo.com wrote:

> I want to change for dw_1 datawindow the printer dinamically, example
> if user1 send dw_1 to printera or if user2 send dw_1 to printerb. how i can
> do that

0
Robert

How to print datawindow to different printer(I don't want to change default printer!)?
Hi, Is anybody knowing how to print datawindow to different printer? First , I don't want to change the default pirnter. Second, I don't want to use printsetup() to let user select printer. If you have some good idea, please tell us ASAP. Thanks a lot. AFAIK, the only way to do this is to set the other printer as the default, print, and set the original printer back to the default. -- Sam Tai Cotelligent kuiliu <> wrote in message news:Pxbluf7R$GA.164@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > Is anybody knowing how to print datawindow to dif...

PB9: DataWindow.Printer vs. DataWindow.Print.PrinterName
In PB8, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer allowed you to direct Print functions for the DW to a specific printer. In PB9, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Print.PrinterName is supposed to provide that capability, but dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer still exists. What is the difference? When should each property be used? TIA, Chet The only thing I can see is that possible the DataWindow.Printer is still here for backwards compatibility.... It seems that the .printer only affects setting the printer for that datawindow and does not change it for the PB or System default printe...

I want to print my datawindow on the printer which is not default.
Hi, I have got a question. I need to print datawindow and I am going to use the printer which is not default. I don't want to use the PrintSetup function because I don't want to have the dialog window for it. I am going to put the name of the printer to the ini file. The standard Print() function doesn't allow to choose a printer. Does somebody know what I should use instead of it (maybe API function)? Appreciated Digital Wave has an excellent utility that handles all this printer API stuff. http://www.digitalw.com -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But this seems not to be the main issue here to be discussed. Fact is, and I've looked around to may other Programming systems, there is NO OTHER tool (I did not find any) which is comparable RAD..." So here's the two-fold feedback I'm hoping for and thanks in advance for your investment of time/effort to respond... *** 1) What true competitive differentiators does PowerBuilder still have as 2007 draws to a close? *** Yes, we can add/improve features but... *** 2) What can we add to, or change about PowerBuilder that would be a true competitive differentiator? *** Arguably one way to distill this down would be to ask what can be done for PowerBuilder that would make it better than (Visual Studio + DataWindow .NET)? Maybe its a single feature. Maybe its a new category of functionality. Maybe its a "eureka" modification to something PowerBu...

PowerBuilder 6 changes printed datawindow font
We recently migrated an application from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. One of the datawindows has fields using the Microsoft Sans Serif 8 font. When printed, the font is different on two of the same HP printers. Both of the printers printed exactly the same way when the application was in PowerBuilder 5. Also, the verticle field spacing has changed from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. Has anybody had these results? Does the 6.0.01 patch (currently in beta) fix this? Brian Valerie, A change to the way PBU's are calculated was made to PB6. The end result is that PB...

changing the default printer to print a datawindow on a fly
win xp/ pb 9 Hi. I am trying to automatically swith between the printers before printing a datawindow. can it be achieved in pb 9. let me know. thanks You can use PrintSetPrinter method to switch the printer. <Kennedy> wrote in message news:4c98c9f2.766d.1681692777@sybase.com... > win xp/ pb 9 > > Hi. > > I am trying to automatically swith between the printers > before printing a datawindow. can it be achieved in pb 9. > let me know. > > thanks ...

Datawindow-Painter wants make always a retrieve after each small change inside the datawindow
Windows XP SP2, PB 10.1 Datawindow-Painter After each change of a position of a element in a free-form datawindow, the datawindow-Painter makes a new retrieve. This is normally no problem, but my datawindow has fife retrieval arguments. So I can NOT input always 5 retrieval arguments or always press ESC. Is there any possobility to configure PB Version 10, so that the datawindow-painter does NOT make a retrieve after each change of a position of a element inside the datawindow. ? Thanks for any help Peter Stojkovic Just turn off retrieve on preview for the...

Why does an rich text datawindow print after another datawindow even when sent to the printer first?
I am opening a print job with PrintOpen(), and then printing 3 datawindows with PrintDatawindow. The first is a regular datawindow, the second is a richtext datawindow and the third is a regular datawindow. The rich text datawindow always gets printed last. Has anyone else run across this? Is there anything I can do? ...

Printing One Copy of the DataWindow to the Default Printer, Then Setting In Code a Second Printer and printing to it
I have a situation where I want to be able to allow the user to print to multiple printers with a single menu option. the way I thought this could be done is by first issuing the Print() function that would sent the first copy to the default printer, then In Code (ie. I don't want to us the PrintSetup() Function) I want to switch to a second printer and Issue the Print() function. I have not been able to find anyway of doing this in PB. Please let me know if I'm not looking hard enough or do I have to use Windows API Calls to do this. If you or anyone you know have, have trie...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?
Hi, I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically. So I did: dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1' The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE. Someone could help me ? Thanks, Alvason Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file, since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'. If this is the case, you need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that include...

choose a printer before print (not datawindow-print)
hello i need to choose a printer before i print a document (word-file, pdf-file.....) - and i'm looking for the printer-selection like the event/function Datawindow.pfc_printdlg().......... is it possible - or is there any function in pfc to choose a printer - get the selected printer-name - and then i print the selected document. many thank's in advance for any clue................... Michael Your question is not clear enough. If you're asking about printer selection, why not to use PrintSetup(), PrintGetPrinters() etc.? If you're in printing ext...

changing datawindow printer
ok so i fell dumb but i just cant remember how to do this i have a datawindow that is being printed via dw_x.print now this will use the windows defaulted printer. assuming i know the printer i want to change to how to i update the datawindow printer property to reflect the new printer. -- ================== Dennis P Smith Filemark Corporation DSmith@Filemark.Com ================== I always modify the win.ini (even on NT) using this: SetProfileString('win.ini','windows','system','device',yourpwintername) HTH ------- Met vriendelijke...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

DataWindow ColType is wrong in DataWindow Object, how do I change it?
Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) I know why it's doing it but I can't fix it. Here is what I have found. Initially I created a DataWindow Object called d_geninfo which saves data to the GENINFO table. Then, some months later, I changed the HOMEOWNER column in the GENINFO table from Char(1) to Char(16) and I created a second DataWindow Object d_geninfo_preferred that accesses the same GENINFO table. If I save data using d_geninfo_preferred that is more than 1 character long and I later retrieve it into d_geninfo it crashes. Now the goofy part. I go into the d_geninfo object and view the table and it does indeed show that the column is Char(16) but if I look at the ColType while the program is running (strg = dw_1.Object.homeowner.ColType) it shows Char(1). However, when I look at the ColType of d_geninfo_preferred it shows Char(16). My question is, how do I force d_geninfo to refresh itself with the correct table ColType? Thanks in advance, Greg Export the datawindow and change the size manually. Then import it again. Changing is easy. you can see the column definitions at the beginning of the datawindow when you open the source code. You cannot miss it. -- Werner Warger PowerSolutions Austria Greg Heiner <gheiner@gmheng.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 37E971FB.93268F76@gmheng.com... > Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) > > I know why it's doing it bu...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

Changing the default printer for a datawindow....
I dnloaded the example from the web sight where the default printer is changed so you can print a datawindow to it, and then changed back. My only problem with this example is that it used the win.ini settings to change the printer. My question is this...is there a win32 or MFC 4.1 object or function that will tell me what the default is? In NT the printer settings are stored in the registry and I need to change the default there, then print, then change it back. ::EnumPrinters will give me the list but I cannot tell which is default. Please help. tdotson The following cod...

Changing the default printer for a datawindow....
I dnloaded the example from the web sight where the default printer is changed so you can print a datawindow to it, and then changed back. My only problem with this example is that it used the win.ini settings to change the printer. My question is this...is there a win32 or MFC 4.1 object or function that will tell me what the default is? In NT the printer settings are stored in the registry and I need to change the default there, then print, then change it back. ::EnumPrinters will give me the list but I cannot tell which is default. Please help. tdotson The following cod...

Change default printer for DataWindows
Hi out there, using P++ and the WDataWindow class the Print() method will always print to the standard Windows printer. How can I change that behavior ? I want to use the WPrintDialog class to let the user decide which printer to use, and than use this property for the datawindow being printed. Has anybody solved this puzzle? Thanks in advance for any hint! RP Reimer Pods wrote: > > Hi out there, > > using P++ and the WDataWindow class the Print() method will always print > to the standard Windows printer. How can I change that behavior ? > I want to ...

Datawindows with child datawindows

How To Change The Printer For a Datawindow Dinamically
How I can change to a certain data window printer dinamically, ex I want dw1 to go to printer1 and I want dw2 go to printer2. How I can do that If any body Knows. Please post this on the PowerBuilder newsgroup. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org <calm_1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:EF489B59EB1A2292006D5A0985256935.006D5A1685256935@webforums... > How I can change to a certain data window printer dinamically, ex I want > dw1 to go to printer1 and I want dw2 go to printer2. How I can do that If ...

Web resources about - How I change in a datawindow the printer i want to print - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo