How I can get the column header name when i clicked on the concerned column header

Hi All

 I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with
dw.getcolumnname  but not successfull .
I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event') .
Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get the
fullname when i click on that column.

thanks
vasu

0
vasu

Vasu:
You will want to code this in the clicked event.
You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions in
help.

HTH,
Austin

"vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
>  I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with
> dw.getcolumnname  but not successfull .
> I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event') .
> Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get the
> fullname when i click on that column.
>

> thanks
> vasu

0
Austin
2/20/2003 2:00:53 PM
When you click on a column header, the event click is triggered

And you can have the name with the dwo paramete.

dwo.name give you the name of the header if the row = 0

I use this to sort my grid. Each header have the same name that the coulumn
with _t .
And after it is very easy to sort.

Good luck

Greg

"Austin Phillips" <aphillips@NO_SPAM_aticousa.com> a �crit dans le message
de news: lVo4SvO2CHA.338@forums.sybase.com...
> Vasu:
> You will want to code this in the clicked event.
> You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions in
> help.
>
> HTH,
> Austin
>
> "vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> >  I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with
> > dw.getcolumnname  but not successfull .
> > I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event') .
> > Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get
the
> > fullname when i click on that column.
> >

> > thanks
> > vasu

0
Stere
2/20/2003 3:00:18 PM
PB will set up the names of the header text elements that way for you when
you create the datawindow, but if you add columns or computes afterward you
will have to set their names yourself.

"Stere" <Jeanphilippe.braken1@yucom.be> wrote in message
> When you click on a column header, the event click is triggered
>
> And you can have the name with the dwo paramete.
>
> dwo.name give you the name of the header if the row = 0
>
> I use this to sort my grid. Each header have the same name that the
coulumn
> with _t .
> And after it is very easy to sort.
>
> Good luck
>
> Greg
>

> "Austin Phillips" <aphillips@NO_SPAM_aticousa.com> a �crit dans le message
> de news: lVo4SvO2CHA.338@forums.sybase.com...
> > Vasu:
> > You will want to code this in the clicked event.
> > You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions in
> > help.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Austin
> >
> > "vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > >  I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with
> > > dw.getcolumnname  but not successfull .
> > > I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event')
..
> > > Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get
> the
> > > fullname when i click on that column.
> > >

> > > thanks
> > > vasu

0
Jerry
2/20/2003 7:24:10 PM
In grid DW you can compare the X value of the text in the header against X
value of the column to determine what column needs sorting.

Arnoud

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> PB will set up the names of the header text elements that way for you when
> you create the datawindow, but if you add columns or computes afterward
you
> will have to set their names yourself.
>
> "Stere" <Jeanphilippe.braken1@yucom.be> wrote in message
> > When you click on a column header, the event click is triggered
> >
> > And you can have the name with the dwo paramete.
> >
> > dwo.name give you the name of the header if the row = 0
> >
> > I use this to sort my grid. Each header have the same name that the
> coulumn
> > with _t .
> > And after it is very easy to sort.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> > Greg
> >

> > "Austin Phillips" <aphillips@NO_SPAM_aticousa.com> a �crit dans le
message
> > de news: lVo4SvO2CHA.338@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Vasu:
> > > You will want to code this in the clicked event.
> > > You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions
in
> > > help.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Austin
> > >
> > > "vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message

> .
> > the

0
Arnoud

Can you get rid of the Black Background when you click on a column header in a Grid datawindow
Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option. I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click on the column header. I am using PB 6.5.1 Regards Colin Right-click the datawindow background, and bring up the properties dialog. Uncheck the &qu...

Getting the column number when clicking on a column header
How can I get the column number when I click on a column header in a grid/tabular datawindow? I need the column number because I want to sort the column Ascending/Descending when clicking on the header. (I cannot presume that the column header has the name xxx_t!) -- Tone Hansen ADB systermer ASA e-mail: th@adbsys.no Tone Hansen wrote in message <01bcda30$3f804eb0$a75d13c2@ws_pro_th>... >How can I get the column number when I click on a column header in a >grid/tabular datawindow? > >I need the column number because I want to sort the column >Ascending/...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Can't get header text in a GridView column to align to bottom of header cell
I have a GridView in which some of the columns' header text takes three lines and some two lines (due to their hard-coded width). The ones with two lines, however, are aligned to the top by default. I've tried using HeaderStyle-VerticalAlign="Bottom", both in the <GridView> tag and the column's header iteself, but nothing worked. Why won't it and how do I get it to align to the bottom? Here's the GridView's code:  <asp:GridView ID="gvContrCo" runat="server" CellPadding="5" AllowSorting="Tr...

How to get the column header value in the datawindow
Hi All I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . I mean that i want to get the column header value whenever i click on the column header, i was able to get the column header name with ("dwo.name"). Is there any chance of getting the column header value with dwo or other event plz help me thanks Assuming the header is a static text object, dwo.Text "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:YBc1M7n2CHA.263@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All > > I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . ...

Crosstab datawindow column header names ???
I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow : - I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name defined at design time. - A Describe ( "DataWindow.Crosstab.Columns" ) also give me names at design time. Thank you for your ideas... IIIP wrote: > > I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow : > - I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name > defined at design time. > - A Describe ( "DataWindow....

How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ?
Hello to you, How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ? Pls advice steven try copy it from PFC function "steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fNYZJGCECHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > Hello to you, > > How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ? > > Pls advice > steven > > > ...

Getting the column's header names
Hi al: Is there a way to get the column's header names programatically in a grid-style DW control? Thanks; You loop through the column count doing a describe on "#" + string ( index ) + '.name' On 3 Apr 2007 13:05:19 -0800, "Gus" <gussabina@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi al: >Is there a way to get the column's header names programatically in a >grid-style DW control? > >Thanks; > HI Bruce: I'm sorry but I 'm new on this... I have a dw_grid_customers DW control... How and where should I use the "#&q...

HOW CAN I GET THE COLUMN TYPE WHEN I DON'T HAVE COLUMN NAME
Hi , We have developed one application, now we would like to change the format/edit mask depends on the parameters. To do so I should know the column type. My question is HOW CAN I GET THE COLUMN TYPE ? WHEN I DON'T HAVE COLUMN NAME. In other words if I have array of columns in a datawindow and I want to check the column type one by one for each column no. If I code like this , it gives compilation error. long ll_col_count , ll_kount string ls_col_type ll_col_count = integer(dw_1.object.datawindow.column.count) for ll_kount = 1 to ll_col_count ls_col_...

Does the HTML Datawindow have the ability to sort by clicking on the column header?
This was a feature of the Sybase Datawindow DTC. Please tell me if this is possible and where I can find documentation on how to do this. Thanks. Thanh You can send any modify expression to the Web Datawindow, so yes, the functionality is their, but this is the degree to which it is exposed. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com Thanh Le wrote in message <8leQezRr#GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >This wa...

Reference the name of the header object for a column in a grid datawindow.
Hi, Does anyone know a way to reference (using the PFC is an option) the name of the static text header field for a column in a grid datawindow? I am doing dynamic column ordering in PB 8.01. This can be done by making columns invisible and then visible again in the order you want them displayed. Well in PB 6.5 all you had to do was do a Modify with the column number and set the visible property to 1. In PB 8.0 doing that only makes the column's data visible, but not the header text field. That needs to be done via another Modify. When in most cases using the column'...

Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow
Hi !! My problem is as follows I have made a cross tab datawindow. In that i want to change the column headers at runtime. How could i get cloumn header name(it will vary at runtime) and change it at runtime. One thing is that i can't use column expression because i have to get the value from other table. Thanks in advance. Dharani Babu adharani@ssind.stpn.soft.net ...

Is there a way to add extra control to header of a Grid column, but still keep the default column name? thanks
I am using Grid, and I add template field <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="name" SortExpression="something">if I want to have special header, I can use HeaderTemplate, but with HeaderTemplate added ,the headertext will not show, if there a way I can just add a control beside the headertext? since I don't want to handle the column sort. thanks I am sure there is a better way to do this, but in the past I have used the following method although I left out the commandname and arguments protected void GridView1_DataBound(object sender, EventArgs e) { string celltext = GridView1.H...

How to get Column Header
How do I find the name of the column / header of the datagrid I am working with, I am using the following code, and it's the COLUMNNAME I need to select as the current column name. <asp:datagrid Visible=true id="DataGrid1" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="GenerateLinks" Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="9pt" ForeColor="Black"></asp:datagrid> Sub GenerateLinks(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs) 'First, make sure we are dealing with an Item or AlternatingItem If e.Item.ItemType = L...

Web resources about - How I can get the column header name when i clicked on the concerned column header - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Concerned Women for America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Concerned Women for America ( CWA ) is a conservative Christian women's activist group in the United States . The group was founded in San Diego, ...

Report: Facebook Marketers More Concerned With Promoting The Brand Than Racking Up Likes
While several businesses that market on Facebook tend to become overly concerned with the number of likes their page has, Advertising Age found ...

Friends, I am extremely concerned to... - Papa John's Pizza - Facebook
Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants. Their thinking ...

Concerned Scientists (@UCSUSA) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Agda the VCD (Very Concerned Dog) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
"But WHY am I not allowed to sleep here in your spot on the bed, Mommy?" Photo by Kisså, taken with Instagram

Mental health chief concerned about 'failings' after police shootings
Queensland's mental health commissioner says there appears to be failings in the way police respond to violent confrontations, following a week ...

US concerned by West Africa piracy increase (00:46)
White House spokesman expresses concern about the rise in piracy off the coast of West Africa and seeks more information on reports pirates kidnapped ...

Fumbling Reid not concerned
Fumbling Reid not concerned

Police concerned for missing Bunbury 61-year-old Robert King
MISSING 61-year-old Robert King has been found by searchers in Bunbury alive and well.