How do I get the Text of a Text ....

That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically
created text object.

For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when
I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain
Word.

When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it.

0
BTHOMASinOHIO

dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a
text control in a datawindow.

How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different
rows?  Using an expression or something?

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

"BTHOMASinOHIO" <bthomas71chevy@excite.com> wrote in message
> That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically
> created text object.
>
> For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when
> I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain
> Word.
>
> When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it.

0
Paul
10/23/2002 8:56:10 PM
Paul, thanks for the sugguestion, but that gives me the If statement I have in
the Expression of the Text's text.

Yes, it's just a Text field and and IF/Case statement to look at that row of
data and determine a value to display of the user.

Any other sugguestions ??
BTHOMASinOHIO

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" wrote:

> dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a
> text control in a datawindow.
>
> How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different
> rows?  Using an expression or something?
>
> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> VCI   Springfield, MA
> www.vcisolutions.com
>
> "BTHOMASinOHIO" <bthomas71chevy@excite.com> wrote in message
> > That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically
> > created text object.
> >
> > For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when
> > I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain
> > Word.
> >
> > When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it.

0
BTHOMASinOHIO
10/24/2002 1:08:58 PM
Change your object from a text field to a computed field.  Then you can use
GetItem.  Otherwise, you have to use evaluate since you've applied an
expression to the text attribute.

> Paul, thanks for the sugguestion, but that gives me the If statement I
have in
> the Expression of the Text's text.
>
> Yes, it's just a Text field and and IF/Case statement to look at that row
of
> data and determine a value to display of the user.
>
> Any other sugguestions ??
> BTHOMASinOHIO
>

> "Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" wrote:
>
> > dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute
of a
> > text control in a datawindow.
> >
> > How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on
different
> > rows?  Using an expression or something?
> >
> > --
> > Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> > VCI   Springfield, MA
> > www.vcisolutions.com
> >
> > "BTHOMASinOHIO" <bthomas71chevy@excite.com> wrote in message
> > > That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically
> > > created text object.
> > >
> > > For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and
when
> > > I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a
certain
> > > Word.
> > >
> > > When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it.

0
Scott
10/24/2002 1:33:59 PM
Thanks.
Yeah, I gave up and did it another way with a column.
Thanks for the reply !!
BTHOMASinOHIO

Scott Morris wrote:

> Change your object from a text field to a computed field.  Then you can use
> GetItem.  Otherwise, you have to use evaluate since you've applied an
> expression to the text attribute.
>
> "BTHOMASinOHIO" <bthomas71chevy@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Paul, thanks for the sugguestion, but that gives me the If statement I
> have in
> > the Expression of the Text's text.
> >
> > Yes, it's just a Text field and and IF/Case statement to look at that row
> of
> > data and determine a value to display of the user.
> >
> > Any other sugguestions ??
> > BTHOMASinOHIO
> >

> > "Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute
> of a
> > > text control in a datawindow.
> > >
> > > How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on
> different
> > > rows?  Using an expression or something?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> > > VCI   Springfield, MA
> > > www.vcisolutions.com
> > >
> > > "BTHOMASinOHIO" <bthomas71chevy@excite.com> wrote in message

> when
> certain

0
BTHOMASinOHIO
10/24/2002 2:53:16 PM
as far as i understand, u want the text of the text object...
use the text property of the text object...

Dot notation:
dw_control.Object.textname.Text

Describe and Modify argument:

"textname.Text { = ' string ' }"
0
helper

length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ?
hello friends length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ? second example is ..... textbox1.text is greenhouse.. i want to get green from textbox.text cheer Mark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi,you can always perform a Trim to a retrieved string to delete the leading and trailing space characters. For your second example where you want to gt a part of the retrieved string you can use the SubString method of the String class.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workar...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

DOM, how to get text out of text node
Hi all, i am stack on this: i am parsing a dom document, i reach a text node, but i can't get the text out of the text node. Hope some one can help. this is the code: childs is a nsIDOMNodeList. PRUint32 len, i; childs->GetLength( &len ); nsCOMPtr<nsIDOMNode> child; nsEmbedString name; nsEmbedString value; PRUint16 type; for( i = 0; i < len; i++ ) { childs->Item( i, getter_AddRefs( child ) ); child->GetNodeType( &type ); child->GetLocalName( name ); ...

Copy web text fr FF2 PASTE to outlook text mail msg get an attachment not text
I never had this problem with IE. When I copy text from a web page and try to paste it as text into an Outlook2000 TEXT mail message, it instead is rendered into an attachment to the message. I just want to paste the text. Does anyone know why this happens, better yet - how to fix it? Currently I have to past the text into a text editor, and then recopy that into my Outlook mail message. This is getting old fast. Thanks in advance. Sandalls On 2/23/2007 5:01 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard > I never had this problem with IE. > > When I co...

Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box
Hi EveryoneI have a small thing to do [at this time , very big for me]. I want to make some text string as bold which appears in a text box control for the web. It means some of the portion of the string will be bold and some will be in the normal font style. Can anyone suggest any idea to accomplish this task. [I know that we can set the font weight property for the whole text box and all the text appears in the selected font-weight]Any suggestions.BaberBaber SaeedSoftware EngineerPalmChip, Pakistan Toll Free: 0800-000-13 Ext:494Cell: 0300-6438634 Standard TextBox that comes with ASP.NET ...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to get plain text of currently displayed text
I need to get text of currently displayed page from extension. var wm = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"] .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator); var mainWindow = wm.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser"); alert(mainWindow.getBrowser().selectedBrowser.contentDocument.getSelection().toString()) This returns only selected text. I need to get all text content but has no glue how to do this. Please help. Alex On Dec 17, 5:15=A0am, dzen <dze...@inbox.ru> wrote: > I need ...

Getting evaluated text value for text objects
I'm attempting to get the visible text value out of a text object in a report. If I describe the .Text attribute, I can get the text out, however, if the value is an expression I get the unevaluated string. I can describe the Evaluate function called with the .Text attribute as the argument, and this will normally return the evaluated text from the element. The problem I have encountered is when you have, for example, a field named "phone" and the text value of the text element is also the word "phone". Calling evaluate on this will replace the word &quo...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

How do I get the left part of a text box.text
How do I get the left part of a text box.text???Something like: textbox1.text.left(3) to get 'abc' if the text box contains the alphabeth.But then the correct way You can do something as: string mainString = "abcdefg....";string strSubString = mainString.SubString(0,2); Hope this helps, RegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP Use the Substring() method.string tempstring = TextBox1.Text.Substring(0,3); thanks all...

Getting Text Between Two Words In Text File
Hi everyone, Im just wondering what the best way to do this would be.I need to get a certain line of text from a number of text file records.This text lies between "-" and a </strong> tag. How would I go about this Thanks for your help! julie Use the File class to open and read your file and then use Regular Expression to find the specific word. References: File Class Regular Expression "I refuse to sign my posts with some clever quote said by some famous tech head in order to make myself seem more intelligent"-- Bill Gates...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

How does text gets displayed in composer text field?
Hi, I'm new to TB dev. I stumbled upon this problem while trying to fix bug 309= 708. I am trying to figure out how does a message gets displayed in the com= poser window? I noticed that when I click edit on a mail in my drafts folde= r, the text in the uncompleted mail is displayed in the composer. I want to= do something similar to this. Does anyone know how does TB copy the text from the mail and display it on = the composer window? Is there like a textField.setText() to put the text into the composer's edi= ting text field? In another words, what function should i ca...

How do I block a user from entering text in a text box if they type text in another text box?
I have two text boxes, and want the user to complete one or the other.  How can I "grey out" one text box if a user starts typing in the other textbox?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can use the OnTextChanged event of the textboxes and write Javascript for both textboxes to disable the other textbox when the user starts to type in something in one textbox. The only problem with that is that once the user starts to type in something in one text box the other textbox gets disabled and locks up, so now the user HAS TO compulsarily type what he wants in th...

Web resources about - How do I get the Text of a Text .... - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Pebble smartwatch owners can now reply to text messages on the watch – but there are catches
Pebble smartwatches just got a little smarter, allowing some iPhone owners to reply to text messages directly on the watch – something that has ...

Pebble Time adds support for iOS texts on AT&T’s network
... feature. It’s about Time Soon, owners of the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel, and Pebble Time Round smart watches will be able to send text ...

AT&T, Verizon try to prevent ban on text message blocking
... wireless carriers are urging the Federal Communications Commission to reject a petition that would impose common carrier regulations on text ...

Pebble Time gets more iOS integration with addition of text
... is bringing more functionality to its Apple friends. The company boasts that this is the first non-Apple smartwatch to deliver voice and text ...

Full text of charges against Jason Van Dyke
Subscribe now! Unlimited digital access to chicagotribune.com for ONLY $0.99. News News Full text of charges against Jason Van Dyke Copyright ...

AT&T, Verizon Tell FCC That They Should Be Able To Block Texts When They Want To, For Your Own Good
Texting isn’t just the purview of teenagers. Bulk texting is a huge business. Sometimes they’re scam spam in about the same category of usefulness ...

Pebble Time watches can reply to texts on iOS
Some Pebble users that link their smartwatch to an iPhone will now be able to reply to text messages straight through their devices. We say "some," ...

Google Wants to Send You SMS Text Alerts for Black Friday Deals
The new service lets users sign up to receive text messages about special sales and discounts during the holiday shopping season.

Pebble Time Gains Text Reply For iOS
If you own a Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel or Pebble Time Round smartwatch, you can now reply to text messages received on your iPhone from ...