How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in
10BYTE in PB11

I'm Chinese.

In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase
Column width and it's all right for ANSI.
But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10  in PB11 can not limit
in 10 BYTE width.
help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known.
0
xys_777

This question was answered in the general group. Please don't crosspost.

--
Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

<xys_777> wrote in message news:4c0ec27e.9ea.1681692777@sybase.com...
> How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in
> 10BYTE in PB11
>
> I'm Chinese.
>
> In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase
> Column width and it's all right for ANSI.
> But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10  in PB11 can not limit
> in 10 BYTE width.
> help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known.

0
Jerry

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 ,
In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. ...

PB11 , datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 can't limit in 10BYTE
I'm Chinese,use pb 11.2. so , I want set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10, that the user can enter 10 byte . In pb8, it runs ok,but in pb 11.2 ,user can enter 10 Chinese Characters ,so that can't save database. How can I do to make it limit in 10 byte. thanks I believe you'll have to make the column 20 wide to account for the double storage that the byte uses. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <xys_777> wro...

Datawindow Column Limitation
> I have a datawindow with 130 selected columns out of which 118 are computed > columns . > Now i need to add some more, when i try to add even one more it starts > giving me syntax error > and won't save . > As the such query is all fine and i can run it from isql or within > powerbuilders database painter. > Is there a limitation on how many columns one can have for selection in a > datawindow ? > Has anybody encountered this problem before ? > Ravi > > ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Is there a limit for the number of columns in a datawindow?
Hi, dear PB friends, I was wondering if there is a limit for the number of columns in a datawindow. My clients complained that the report wouldn't print when the column number exceeds certain value (something around 46). We are using Crosstab presentation style. Thanks in advance for your help Please post this message in the PowerBuilder forum, Yangl. Thanks. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamPS] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org yangl wrote in message <369BD8F8.3A36BB62@writeme.com>... >Hi, dear PB friends, > I was wonde...

Can we limit the size of a datawindow
hello, i'am developping a dynamic datawindow witch will enable the future costumers to edit some identification card from information stored in a database. So the user will be able to directly drag 'n' drop computed field in a datawindow container. i need to limit the size of the datawindow (not the container) to make the user uncapable to drag fields out of the limits of the container. Is anybody have got a solution? Best Regards Jacky Delahaye I would keep track of what they are dragging If they drag it on add if they drag it off subtract. > h...

Can we limit the size of a datawindow
hello, i'am developping a dynamic datawindow witch will enable the future costumers to edit some identification card from information stored in a database. So the user will be able to directly drag 'n' drop computed field in a datawindow container. i need to limit the size of the datawindow (not the container) to make the user uncapable to drag fields out of the limits of the container. Is anybody have got a solution? Best Regards Jacky Delahaye It is not clear to me what you are asking for here. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase DataWindow .NET We...

Datawindow column limit is too small
I have a datawindow with 3 columns that will not allow the number of needed characters to be keyed in. One is an integer column and will only accept 3 characters. The other two are 5,2 decimal columns and they will only accept 5 characters (need to enter nnn.nn which is 6). The dw edit limits are 0 and I�ve tried 4 and 6 respectively. The dw columns also have auto horizontal scroll checked. In the DB painter I can make long character entries with no problem, but this dw beeps at one character less than is needed. Any suggestions? I am little bit confuse about your question , but t...

Datawindow Column Limitation #2
PB 10.5.2 Can anyone tell me if there is a column limit from a database into the datawindow? I am using Sybase ASE for this project, and I am revising a proc that already sends in 73 columns! The revisions I have to make would require many more columns. I need to know if it is even a possibility, or else it would require a rewrite to handle the output differently. Thanks, Jason Lipman On Jul 21, 7:28=A0am, "Jason Lipman" <NOSPAM-jlipman@oppenheimer> wrote: > PB 10.5.2 > > Can anyone tell me if there is a column limit from a database into t...

Limiting the columns printed in a datawindow
I need to give our clients the ability to limit the number of pages across printed from a datawindow. On screen, the datawindow needs to have up to a hundred columns visible. I'd like to let them choose how many pages across to print. Getting the total is easy: inv_printpreview.of_PageAcross(). How limit what is printed? I tried getting a list of the columns and their x position within the datawindow. Then, I thought, I'd just scroll the datawindow horizontally until the I reach the first column on the page (via inv_printpreview.of_PageAcross() ) beyond the page I want ...

datawindow limit: 1000 columns
Hello, The error is "Cannot generate DataWindow with more than 1000 columns" Can I override this limitation??? I'm using PB 9.0.2 Build 7578. P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM thanks could kindly explain why exactly you need more than 1000 columns? In article <4209db89@forums-2-dub>, miguel_b_r@yahoo.es says... > Hello, > > The error is "Cannot generate DataWindow with more than 1000 columns" > > Can I override this limitation??? > > I'm using PB 9.0.2 Build 7578. P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM > > thanks > > &...

Web resources about - How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo