Have problem setting column back to first column using pbm_dwnprocessenter

Used pbm_dwnprocessenter to emulate 'Enter' key as 'Tab' in PB, but is
having trouble in setting the focus back to first column when datawindow hit
the last column. Please help.

0
matchoy

IF GetColumnName() = 'the_last_column' THEN
    SetColumn ('the_first_column')
ELSE
    Send ('that_stuff_to_simulate_tab')
END IF

"matchoy" <matchoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Used pbm_dwnprocessenter to emulate 'Enter' key as 'Tab' in PB, but is
> having trouble in setting the focus back to first column when datawindow
hit
> the last column. Please help.

0
Jerry
10/15/2003 2:33:14 PM
Thank you.

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> IF GetColumnName() = 'the_last_column' THEN
>     SetColumn ('the_first_column')
> ELSE
>     Send ('that_stuff_to_simulate_tab')
> END IF
>
> "matchoy" <matchoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Used pbm_dwnprocessenter to emulate 'Enter' key as 'Tab' in PB, but is
> > having trouble in setting the focus back to first column when datawindow
> hit
> > the last column. Please help.

0
matchoy

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

How to place in DataGrids’s first column table’s column name, in second Datagrid’s column table’s column value?
Hello I use C#. I’m interesting are there samples solved my problem. Andrew. You will need to loop through the datasource of the datagrid or through the datagrid items and fetch the values for the second datagrid.Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thank you! I solved my problem at the server cite. Andrew. ...

Setting Datagrid Column to invisible when Column is an AutoGeneratedColumn NOT a bound Column
Hi all, Just like the title says, I'm trying to set a column to invisible but I'm unable to do so. If I bound the column I can used the code: me.datagrid.Column.Item(1).Visible = False But since I'm wanting the column NOT to be bound (there are a number of sql scripts that populate the same datagrid so I cannot bound all the columns since the columns are different for each script etc etc etc) how do I set an AutoGeneratedColumn to invisible?? Please help! Andrewwww.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshot...

datawindow.column.count not returning column count using dot or Describe
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? ...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column #2
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

set focus to first column on web datawindow
How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when the page is loaded? Jon Groves This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is: sybase.public.easerver.htmldw Did you try SetColumn("columnname")? -- Rahul Jain On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote: > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when > the page is loaded? > > Jon Groves thank you "Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message news:4aocjhjv8l5u.q3uh6378neyt.dlg...

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties
i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) : xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique activity_num, action_datetime, resource_id, activity_action_id The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working properly because the where clause is incorrect... (the column is in the Updateable Columns list). when i press the Primary Key button, it selects the other 3 columns. i can't find a...

How to set visible property of Gridview columns using column name instead of index
How to  set visible property of Gridview  columns using column name instead of index Dear janacpp, the columns collection of gridview has no indexer for column name. So you can do something like that:  in your code section you want to set the visible property add this code : GridView1.Columns[GridView1.Columns.IndexOf(GetField("FieldName"))].Visible=false;  where FieldName is the name of your field. and add this function:DataControlField GetField(string name) {DataControlFieldCollection fields = GridView1.Columns.CloneFields();for (int i = 0; i < f...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Binding excel sheet first column to datagrid first column.
Can any body help to resolve this problem. I need to bind my excel sheet first column value to datagrid first column and second column to datagrid sec col. ...etc. Excel col1=datagrid col , excel col2 =datagrid col2 and so on...  Frederic JohnsonSr. Software Engineer  hi plz create a test.xls in c drive and add some data in columns then paste below codethen .aspx cod is -----> <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML ...

Set an entire column of data using dot notation, problem
PB 8.0.3 Build 9704 W2K Pro SP3 I'm trying to set an entire column in a dw to a specific value, using this: dw_1.Object.cbx_selected.Primary = "1" (cbx_selected is a string column, edit style of checkbox, "1" means 'on', "0" means 'off') However, when this code runs, it only sets the first row, the other rows remain with their values. I've looked in the help file (that's where I got the above syntax), and searched the newsgroups but didn't see anyone else having this problem. Any clues? Thanks, Brian You ...

Web resources about - Have problem setting column back to first column using pbm_dwnprocessenter - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow