Grid datawindow resizing

I would like my grid datawindow columns to size themselves
properly (magic I think).  Is there a wat to programatically
change the column widths and have them stay that way< or to
stay resized when manually stretched?

My problem is this: when a value is entered into one cell of
the grid and the user hits the tab key to go to the next
cell, the cursor goes to the first??? cell and compresses
all of the columns to the original width.  One of our grids
could have over 50 cells and the auto-resizing that occurs
is a major pain and time consumer.

I have as yet been unable to hit the right coding sequence
or to determine what properties to change to make the grid
columns stay put.

Hoosierkid

Try this example from my website.

http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_dwgridxp.html

It has a function that adjusts the width of a grid datawindow to match the
data. The column width saved in the dw is used as the minimum size.

Roland

<Hoosierkid> wrote in message news:46af4177.54e5.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I would like my grid datawindow columns to size themselves
> properly (magic I think).  Is there a wat to programatically
> change the column widths and have them stay that way< or to
> stay resized when manually stretched?
>
> My problem is this: when a value is entered into one cell of
> the grid and the user hits the tab key to go to the next
> cell, the cursor goes to the first??? cell and compresses
> all of the columns to the original width.  One of our grids
> could have over 50 cells and the auto-resizing that occurs
> is a major pain and time consumer.
>
> I have as yet been unable to hit the right coding sequence
> or to determine what properties to change to make the grid
> columns stay put.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...

0
Roland