Getting the focus row to follow the selected row..

These days I've been looking for solutions to the simpler, less critical
but annoying problems. One that my users have noticed is that if they
select a row (by clicking on a column in that row) my application will
select the row and the focus moves to the column they clicked in the
row. However, if the user clicks somewhere that isn't a column but is
still in the detail band area for that row, my application will select
the row, but the focus will remain on the column and row that it did
previously. Is there a way to get the focus to follow the selected row?

Thanks in advance..
-Scott Louvau

0
Scott

SelectRow() does just what it says... It selects/deselects the row(s).
Use ScrolltoRow( ) function to actuall scroll focus to the selected/clicked
row.

Paul Horan
VCI
Springfield, MA

Scott Louvau wrote in message <3518542A.BD7E56CC@serra.com>...
>These days I've been looking for solutions to the simpler, less critical
>but annoying problems. One that my users have noticed is that if they
>select a row (by clicking on a column in that row) my application will
>select the row and the focus moves to the column they clicked in the
>row. However, if the user clicks somewhere that isn't a column but is
>still in the detail band area for that row, my application will select
>the row, but the focus will remain on the column and row that it did
>previously. Is there a way to get the focus to follow the selected row?
>
>Thanks in advance..
>-Scott Louvau

0
Paul
3/25/1998 1:14:17 AM
Scott -

I would check to see what object the mouse clicked on.  If it is not a
valid object, then set it to a default column.  Check out the arguments
for the clicked event and then SetColumn().

HTH,
Mark

--
*** Are You Ready For The Web? ***
*** www.JumpStart98.com ***

Mark Pfeifer[Team Powersoft]
mpfeifer@sprynet.com
www.ctpartners.com
0
see_msg
3/25/1998 4:59:11 AM
Scott --

Just add code to the clicked event of the dw control that sets the row
to the row that was clicked.  Make sure the value of row is valid before
you use it in the SetRow() function.

Example

if row > 0 and row <= this.rowcount() then
  this.setrow(row)
end if

HTH

Ron Gallagher, CPDP
Atlanta, GA, USA
rongallagher@mindspring.com

Scott Louvau wrote:

> These days I've been looking for solutions to the simpler, less critical
> but annoying problems. One that my users have noticed is that if they
> select a row (by clicking on a column in that row) my application will
> select the row and the focus moves to the column they clicked in the
> row. However, if the user clicks somewhere that isn't a column but is
> still in the detail band area for that row, my application will select
> the row, but the focus will remain on the column and row that it did
> previously. Is there a way to get the focus to follow the selected row?
>
> Thanks in advance..
> -Scott Louvau
0
Ron