Getting the column number when clicking on a column header

How can I get the column number when I click on a column header in a
grid/tabular datawindow?

I need the column number because I want to sort the column
Ascending/Descending when clicking on the header. (I cannot presume that
the column header has the name xxx_t!)
--
Tone Hansen
ADB systermer ASA

Tone Hansen wrote in message <01bcda30$3f804eb0$a75d13c2@ws_pro_th>...
>How can I get the column number when I click on a column header in a
>grid/tabular datawindow?
>
>I need the column number because I want to sort the column
>Ascending/Descending when clicking on the header. (I cannot presume that
>the column header has the name xxx_t!)

IMO, That's the only stable way of doing it. If you cannot use the xxx_t
name of the header the only thing left is to compare the x co�rdinates. (I
really don't want to try that one out)

Geert Van Damme

>--
>Tone Hansen
>ADB systermer ASA
>e-mail: th@adbsys.no

0
Geert

How I can get the column header name when i clicked on the concerned column header
Hi All I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with dw.getcolumnname but not successfull . I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event') . Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get the fullname when i click on that column. thanks vasu Vasu: You will want to code this in the clicked event. You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions in help. HTH, Austin "vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:UfS3lsO2CHA.345@forums.sybase.com... ...

Get a columns column number
Hi All. How do I get the number of a column in a datawindow (PB9.0). The best I can come up with is as follows (there must be a simpler way!). n_cst_string lnv_cst_string String ls_columns Long ll_pos2, ll_columnNo ls_columns = idw_dw.Describe( 'datawindow.table.columns' ) ll_columnNo = 0 ll_pos2 = Pos(ls_columns, ls_columnName) If ll_pos2 > 0 Then ll_columnNo = inv_cst_string.of_CountOccurrences(Left(ls_columns, ll_pos2 - 1) , '~t', TRUE) + 1 dw_1.setItem(ll_newRow, 'intcolumnno', ll_columnNo) Thanks MB. You want the "ID" property,...

Can you get rid of the Black Background when you click on a column header in a Grid datawindow
Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option. I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click on the column header. I am using PB 6.5.1 Regards Colin Right-click the datawindow background, and bring up the properties dialog. Uncheck the &qu...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Get Column Number Using Column Name
This ones burning me because, I am sure i've done it before and It's simply slipping my mind. I need to be able to get a column number using the column name. i.e. Column name = 'effective_date'. Using effective date - get the column number that belongs to effective date. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!! William dw.Describe("effective_date.ID") Good Luck Michael Walker Cascadia Software William_Shiers wrote: > This ones burning me because, I am sure i've done it before and It's simply > slipping my mind. > ...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

How to know the Column number based on Column header in Grid View
Hi I have a gridview with 3 columns. Say : id, Name and skill. I want to know the column number of Column headers(May be Name,Skill or id)... Thanks Archan I don't think there is any inbuilt way to do it. You have to loop through and compare the header text and get the index. private int GetColumnIndex (string headerText) { int idx = 0; foreach (DataControlField gcf in GridView1.Columns) { if (gcf.HeaderText == headerText) { break; } idx++; } return idx; } Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. Hi siva Thanks for your ...

How to get the column header value in the datawindow
Hi All I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . I mean that i want to get the column header value whenever i click on the column header, i was able to get the column header name with ("dwo.name"). Is there any chance of getting the column header value with dwo or other event plz help me thanks Assuming the header is a static text object, dwo.Text "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:YBc1M7n2CHA.263@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All > > I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ?
Hello to you, How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ? Pls advice steven try copy it from PFC function "steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fNYZJGCECHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > Hello to you, > > How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ? > > Pls advice > steven > > > ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Get highest number from a Column by Passing Table/ Column Name as Parametre: Stored Procedure
Hi experts, I want to fetch the Maximum ID + 1, of a Column( say Max ID = 7 currently so query should return 8)  , & I want to do it for many table  I m using set ANSI_NULLS ON set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON go     ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[SP_GENERATEID] ( @TableName VarChar(50),@ColumnName numeric(10, 0) ) ASset nocount on set ansi_warnings off DECLARE @sql nvarchar(2000) SET @sql = 'select isNull(MAX('+ @ColumnName+'),'+ 0 + ')'+ 1 + 'from'+ @TableName EXEC (@sql)   My store procedure is ready but when I...

Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow
Hi !! My problem is as follows I have made a cross tab datawindow. In that i want to change the column headers at runtime. How could i get cloumn header name(it will vary at runtime) and change it at runtime. One thing is that i can't use column expression because i have to get the value from other table. Thanks in advance. Dharani Babu adharani@ssind.stpn.soft.net ...

Getting datatype of clicked Datawindow column in window script
I want to know the datatype of the clicked datawindow column in script where user clicked. For e.g there is a column 'acccd' in datawindow and user clicks on that, i want to know its datatype. Regds.. Vai dwo.coltype -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer <vai> wrote in message news:0B134DC9DCE2A0FF0048F38F85256BA5.0048F3BC85256BA5@webforums... > I want to know the datatype of the clicked datawindow column in script > where user clicked. For e.g there is a column 'acccd' in datawindow and ...

Web resources about - Getting the column number when clicking on a column header - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

WARNING: Unhappy Meals for Facebook Users Clicking Links to $250 McDonald’s Gift Cards
Facebook users who click on links promising them $250 gift cards to McDonald’s are becoming victims of The Hamburglar, in the form of online ...

Facebook tests subscribe button for pages to allow users to receive updates without clicking Like
... Marketing Land reader Craig Smith: We do not have the button on our own accounts, but here is the way to connect with a page without clicking ...

Before they noticed the camera clicking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spotted Kara grooming Melba and got 3 photos: this one, a blurred one and the "After" shot. I'm thinking maybe a web cam focused on their hangout ...

GreenEDGE's cogs clicking into place for Tour debut
GreenEDGE's cogs clicking into place for Tour debut

Shutting down and clicking on (04:36)
While the American government shut down explored absurdity, we have had to make do with mere bemusement over Harvey Norman chief Gerry Harvey’s ...

Want a top Australian Public Service job? Get clicking on Facebook
Click 'Like' if you have what it takes to be a Canberra mandarin.

Shoes of Prey not the only e-tailer clicking onto bricks and mortar
Aussie internet merchants are realising that an old-school shop front is still vital for building brand and sales.