Getting datatype of clicked Datawindow column in window script

I want to know the datatype of the clicked datawindow column in script
where user clicked.  For e.g there is a column 'acccd' in datawindow and
user clicks on that, i want to know its datatype.

Regds..
Vai
0
vai

dwo.coltype

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

<vai> wrote in message
> I want to know the datatype of the clicked datawindow column in script
> where user clicked.  For e.g there is a column 'acccd' in datawindow and
> user clicks on that, i want to know its datatype.
>
> Regds..
> Vai

0
Simon

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Saving script to clicked event of datawindow on a window....
I think that there is a bug..... I wrote a script in my datawindow for the clicked event. When I go to save the window for some reason it saves the script to the clicked event of the window. I can not figure out why it is doing this. Please Help! Hi, Sounds like a corrupted window to me. Have you tried regenerating all your sources first ( i.e. by building an exe via a project with full regen )? HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj Kathleen McLoughlin <kathy_mcloughlin@time...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Getting the clicked row and column of a subreport within a composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow with two sub reports. I am trying to give my users drilldown capabilty so that they can doubleclick on a given point in the sub report and I can bring up another window with additiional detail. So far I have done the following: Within the doubleclick event of the datawindow control (that has the composite datawindow) I can get the name of the report using either dwo.name or getobjectatpointer(). I can also establish a child datawindow (using getchild()) to the doubleclicked subreport and apply a getobjectatpointer() to that childdatawindow. ...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Can you get rid of the Black Background when you click on a column header in a Grid datawindow
Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option. I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click on the column header. I am using PB 6.5.1 Regards Colin Right-click the datawindow background, and bring up the properties dialog. Uncheck the &qu...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

Clicking on columns in DataWindows
Hi! I've changed from a ListView to a DataWindow to retrive data somewhat very much faster, and to colorize the rows. But now it seems like i've lost the option to click on the columns to change the sort-order for the column i click. Is there a way around this, or is impossible? (I know that nothing is impossible, but still i have my doubts about this). BJ It's not very straight forward, but surely can be done. In the clicked event of the DW you get the object that you clicked upon as argument DWO. dwo.name gives you the name of the object you clicked on. If R...

datawindow columns datatype
Hi all, Does anyone know how to obtain the datatype of a column specified on a select statement of a datawindow? When I export the datawindow I can see that in the table type, there is a specification of a column datatype and length. This is what I am trying to obtain dynamically. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ivan Takao Haratani Use this function type = dw_name.Describe(column_name + ".coltype") Look for, on on-line manual, DESCRIBE funcion Bye Massimo Consolini "Ivan Takao Haratani" <ihf37205c@aod.fedex.com> ha scritto nel ...

datawindow column datatype
Hi all, Does anyone know how to obtain the datatype of a column specified on a select statement of a datawindow? When I export the datawindow I can see that in the table type, there is a specification of a column datatype and length. This is what I am trying to obtain dynamically. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ivan Takao Haratani Hi, Try to use the following object notation or describe fn to get column datatype dynamically ls_coltype = dw_1.Describe("emp_id.ColType") or ls_coltype = dw_1.Object.emp_id.ColType The above example is from PB help. Than...

Web resources about - Getting datatype of clicked Datawindow column in window script - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo