Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow

Hi !!

My problem is as follows
I have made a cross tab datawindow. In that i want to change the column headers
at runtime. How could i get cloumn header name(it will vary at runtime) and
change
it at runtime. One thing is that i can't use column expression because i have to
get the value from other table.

Thanks in advance.

Dharani Babu
adharani@ssind.stpn.soft.net
0
Dharani

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

how to get the crosstab datawindow's width
please tell me, thanks ...

how to get Crosstab datawindow's width
PFC datawindow service has a function of_getwidth() , I can use like this: //variable double ldl_width dw_1.of_setbase(true) ldl_width = dw_1.inv_base.of_getwidth() BUT when my datawindow's style is crosstab , it can not work correctly , because the width is changed dynamically ! so how to get the width now ? thanks . Best Regards -- Lichunlin lcl@ricobest.com.cn If the crosstab datawindow has a "grand sum" column that I believe it creates by default, the you could do the following: li_width = integer(dw_1.describe("grand_sum_field_name.x&q...

How to add oracle's CLOB column to PB10's datawindow
Hi, I try to show all record from product table in DataWindow. The backend database is Oracle 9i. When I try to drop a CLOB column into datawindow, it don't allow me to do so. Please advise. Danny ...

Datawindow's CrossTab
Hi ! To use crosstab datawindow when the number of column (vertical column) are over one page size can has. How to display row name (horizontal column) in duplicate on the others when I print ? ...

column's datatype of the datawindow
Hi, Is there a way to write PowerScript to get the datatype of the column in the datawindow? If yes, what is the syntax? Thanks, Kevin Dot notation: dw_control.Object.objectname.ColType Describe argument: "objectname.ColType" -- Sam Tai Cotelligent Kevin Dinh <dinhk@mainsaver.com> wrote in message news:KtampTRa$GA.85@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to write PowerScript to get the datatype of the column in the > datawindow? If yes, what is the syntax? > > Thanks, > Kevin > > ...

How to get crosstab datawindow column value
my problem How to get crosstab datawindow column value Hi Wisdom, Try dot notation. There is a good possibility to show data as well: MessageBox( "Data", dw_Crosstab.Describe( "DataWindow.Data" ) ) Alexander Wisdom Pan schrieb: > my problem > > How to get crosstab datawindow column value don't forget to set the statis property to TRUE, before trying to access the dynamically generated columns. "Wisdom Pan" <pan_steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jB9UYNty$GA.110@forums.sybase.com... my problem How to g...

CrossTab Datawindows and Getting the Column Names
Hi, I'm kind of new to the Crosstab Datawindow. Currently, we are trying to develop a Crosstab Datawindow to show a grid similar to: Extra Small Small Medium Large Extra Large Blue 1 Red 1 Green 1 Yellow 1 with empty boes to type in. This would be used when someone is taking an order for shirts, for example. I can pretty much get this far. My problem is when I am trying to get the name for the Columns. I am using the...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow's Column: Multiline ???
Hi folks, Does anyone know how is it possible to allow multiline editing in a column object of a datawindow object (instead of having the text truncated). I know it is possible to do so if the datawindow is in "Rich text presentation style" but I am not interested in this style since it is not flexible enough for what I want. If this is not possible to have multiline diting, I think that it's quite severe limitation to the reporting feature of a datawindow. Thank you M.AMAR Turn on autoseize height. You can use ctrl-enter to get line breaks. -- Terry Dyk...

moving on DataWindow's columns
Tell me please how can I redefine the specified keys for moving on DW's data. For example, if I press key "ENTER" I move to the next row of DW. But I want to move to the next column by pressing key "ENTER". What is the simplest way to do it? Thanks, Ann Ann -- Check out http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44003. It has everything you need. HTH Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com �������� ���� wrote in message ... >Tell me please how can I redefine the specified keys for moving on DW's >data....

how to get header text from a crosstab datawindow
hi, I'm trying to read the displayed text from a dynamic crosstab datawindow's header columns. the header in the datwindow painter is called "val_t" and I can access e.g its font weight or text (@headline). but I can't figure out how to get the text that is actually displayed in header columns of the crosstab. any idea? Max ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp CrosstabData A string containing a tab-separated list of the expressions used to calculate the values of columns in a crosstab DataW...

Datawindow Crosstab column data and headers
How do I access the data in the dynamic crosstab columns? How do I access the text of the headers of the dynamic crosstab columns? ...

delete a datawindow's column
Hello, how is possible to delete a datawindow's column once it has been populated? In other words, I'd like to have a kind of dw.deletecolumn('columnname') Thank you, Marco Close: dw.modify ( "destroy column columname" ) On 30 Jun 2005 06:03:22 -0700, "Marco Meoni" <marco.meoni@cern.ch> wrote: >Hello, > >how is possible to delete a datawindow's column once it has been populated? >In other words, I'd like to have a kind of > >dw.deletecolumn('columnname') > >Thank you, >Marco ...

Web resources about - Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow