format of printing report

If the report format is  that even row and odd row have different
background color, I set the property as below:

Band object � Detail
                      (1) Autosize Height
                      (2)  Expression � Color : if (mod(getrow(), 2) =
0, rgb(240, 240, 240),
                                                                rgb(255,
255, 255))

Column Object � (1) Position  :  Autosize Height
                           (2) Expression � Background.color: if
(mod(getrow(), 2) = 0,

rgb(240, 240, 240),

rgb(255, 255, 255))

In the preview of datawindow, the report format is good.  But in the
print preview, if the any column of even row has no data, this column
background color of even row  is same as the odd row.  How to set the
even row and odd row have different background color no matter the
column of even row has data or not?

Thank you.

0
chou

I'm a little confused.  If the band is set to autosize height and there is no
data in that row, the row should have collapsed.

On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 14:03:47 +0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
chou <yhchou@comp.hkbu.edu.hk> wrote:
>If the report format is  that even row and odd row have different
>background color, I set the property as below:
>
>Band object � Detail
>                      (1) Autosize Height
>                      (2)  Expression � Color : if (mod(getrow(), 2) =
>0, rgb(240, 240, 240),
>                                                                rgb(255,
>255, 255))
>
>Column Object � (1) Position  :  Autosize Height
>                           (2) Expression � Background.color: if
>(mod(getrow(), 2) = 0,
>
>rgb(240, 240, 240),
>
>rgb(255, 255, 255))
>
>In the preview of datawindow, the report format is good.  But in the
>print preview, if the any column of even row has no data, this column
>background color of even row  is same as the odd row.  How to set the
>even row and odd row have different background color no matter the
>column of even row has data or not?
>
>Thank you.

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html
0
Bruce

printing rtf format within a datawindow report
Hi, I want to print a report. This report consists of infomations which are grouped. One column in the database contains text formated as rich text. By now I found no way to get a standard datawindow report (tabular) printed together with the rtf column on one page. The report should look like the following: Header XXXXXX YYYYY ZZ RTFText ZZ RTFText ZZ RTFText YYYYY ZZ RTFText ... XXXXX YYYYY ZZ RTFText ... Footer If anyone has an idea ? TiA, Ingolf ...

printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working. I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any configuration or pdf writer s...

How to export all reports to different format and print out all reports
Hello, Everyone. I am using VB.NET I have encounter a problem when there is more than 1 page of report, I can only export the first page to the other format (excel, adobe, word) and also can print only the first page of report only. ***How can I export all pages to the other format and print all pages on the Web?*** Thanks for your patience to view a lot of questions from I, Thank You!!! Dont mind, Can you tell me how to export in diffrent format for single page like (Excel,Adobe,word).. Thanks in advance...MayuR PateLSoftware Developer...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env.
Hello, I�d like to print a DataWindow report in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000 environment. In Win9x environment I usually printed my report in dot-matrix printer. It worked pretty well, but when I changed the whole environment (Win9x to Win2K) I got this problem (I send my report to be printed in a dot-matrix printer and I got no answer by the printer). Does anyone know how to fix it? Does anyone had this problem before? I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047. TIA, Antonio. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env. #2
Hello, I�d like to print a DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000 environment. I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047. TIA, Antonio. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Set up a Generic printer. (Look under the Manufacturers lsit and you'll see Generic) -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Antonio Vale" <asvale@terra.com.br> wrote i...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Datawindow
Hi, I have to list/represent the column values in row. say for example, Column1 column2 A 1 A 2 A 3 A 4 B 3 B 6 C 2 C 4 C 8 D 1 D 2 D 3 D 4 D 5 D 6 Datawindow report format should be : ------------------------------------- A 1 2 3 4 B 3 6 C 2 4 6 D 1 2 3 4 5 6 how this can be done in a datawindow? could anyone help on this, pls. Thanks in Advance, Rajan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pf...

Printed report formatting
I have been using Crystal Reports a little of late and have noticed some features that would be eve so useful PB/Infomaker (and would mean I dont have to use Crystal which would be nice). They have Report Header and Report Footer bands (i.e section that appear only on the first and last pages of a report, and a forced page break. A page break which can go anywhere or can be based on a formula would be a great bonus. We get a lot of requests for output from our product with these two features (paper reports are alive and well) I've been asking for that for years. -- Terry ...

Datawindow formatting and reports
1) I have a composite datawindow that contains a number of reports ( datawindows). Some of these are tabular reports of variable length. If a tabular datawindow does not fit into the page on which it begins, I would like it to repeat the DataWindow header band on the next page. It seems PB does this by default. However, I am having problems with the freeform datawindows in the composite datawindow. I would like the freeform datawindows to begin on a new page if it does not fit entirely on a particular page. How can I enforce this for individual freeform datawindows in a comp...

GPF after print of datawindow report.
Hi all, I have a very strange error happending with an app developed in pb5.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 Client./Server system. The application is installed in window 95 machine with 32 MB RAM. After i issue a print command for a datawindow, in a shortwhile the application GPFs. Some times it takes longer for the GPF to come and the user by then is acutally working with a different window all together. This gives the impression that there are actually several places or functions that produce GPFs. But some how all GPF events are related to a prior print out of a report from a datawin...

printing richtext in a report datawindow
Hello, I have a field in my Record that contains RichText. It's designed as Char-Field. Now I want make a Report that shows some columns including the RichText Column. My Question is, what I have to do to show the Layout and not the source? What control must be place in the DataWindow that it knows it is a RichText Object? Thanks Kishore ...

Picture in Report Datawindow not printed
I have an object in EAS that prints a report (to a pdf printer on the server). On this report there is a picture. This picture does not appear in the generated output. I included both report dw and picture in a pbr file and from the size of the generated pbd I can deduct that both report dw and picture dw are in this pbd file. The filename of the picture in the report and the pbr file are the same (and do not include the path). Nevertheless, the picture is not printed (the datawindow object however is found). I print this report to a pdf printer, but a normal network printer results...

Printing a report/datawindow to a file.
Hi, I have a problem regarding on how to print a report/datawindow to a file. I tried to use the Printer Setup option "Print to file" but to no avail since when I tried to open the file, it is unreadable. Anybody who can offer me a way to do this ? Thanks for your advices in advance. Jess Jess, The print to file option simply redirects the printer codes to a file, instead of to the printer. You will not be able to read the file unless the printer is setup as a text-only printer. If you are trying to get your DataWindow to a text file, look at the SaveAs ...

Web resources about - format of printing report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Gelato Group Is Here To Democratize The World of Printing
... winning the Oslo Innovation Award 2015, we sat down with Henrik Müller-Hansen, Founder and CEO of Gelato Group. What Does Democratizing Printing ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... of an application by Apple ( AAPL ) for a 3-D Printer technology. The application for “systems, computer readable media, and methods for printing ...

3D printing helps give badly burned boy a new nose
After tragic accident, teen getting second chance at normal life thanks to new facial reconstructive surgery technology

3-D printing's latest creation: Jobs
Industries, including aerospace and medical technology that use 3-D printers to build parts, are on the hunt for skilled workers.

3D printing jobs on the rise
Mary Thompson takes a look at employment growth in the 3D printing industry.

How does Jay Leno get parts for his one-of-a-kind concept car? 3D printing, of course
The former talk-show host and massive car geek relies on new manufacturing techniques to provide parts you can't just pick up on Alibaba.

3D printing can recreate your vascular system for pre-op practice
... technology. With that in mind, physicians and researchers in Buffalo have worked with 3D printer maker Stratasys to develop a method of printing ...

3D printing files for guns are illegal in an Australian state
The Australian state of New South Wales has made it illegal to possess the blueprints necessary to make your own projectile weapons. Lawmakers ...

Pratt's "Coded Couture" Goes Beyond Wearables And 3-D Printing In High-Tech Fashion
The exhibition is about how coding can take personalization to the extreme, curator Ginger Gregg Duggan says. Innovation within the fashion ...