Extended Attribute Corruption in PB 10.5 using ADO.NET for SQL Server 2005

Extended Attributes don't seem to be working correctly when connected to SQL
Server 2005 via ADO.NET.

Here's how to reproduce the problem:
Connect to a SQL Server database via an ADO.NET Profile in the PowerBuilder
database painter. Add a new Edit Style (under Extended Attributes) that uses
the default Style "Edit". Check the "Auto Selection" checkbox and click OK
to save the new Edit Style.

Open the new Edit Style. The "Auto Selection" checkbox should still be
checked. Now click OK to close the Edit Style once again.

Open the Edit Style again and this time the "Auto Selection" checkbox will
no longer be checked (for me at least). Any further changes to any of the
checkboxes don't appear to stick.

The pbe_flag in the pbcatedt table appears to be getting updated when making
additional changes to the checkboxes, but the Edit Style window no longer
displays the state of pbe_flag.

The real problem here is that we have an application that makes heavy use of
the SyntaxFromSQL function in order to create dynamic DataWindows.
Unfortunately, most of the settings specified in the Extended Attributes
aren't getting applied to the DataWindows when they're created.

Thanks,

Damon

0
Damon

Do you have a support agreement with Sybase? This looks like a time to open
a case.

--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

"Damon Reicher" <dreicher@diginsp.com> wrote in message
> Extended Attributes don't seem to be working correctly when connected to
SQL
> Server 2005 via ADO.NET.
>
> Here's how to reproduce the problem:
> Connect to a SQL Server database via an ADO.NET Profile in the
PowerBuilder
> database painter. Add a new Edit Style (under Extended Attributes) that
uses
> the default Style "Edit". Check the "Auto Selection" checkbox and click OK
> to save the new Edit Style.
>
> Open the new Edit Style. The "Auto Selection" checkbox should still be
> checked. Now click OK to close the Edit Style once again.
>
> Open the Edit Style again and this time the "Auto Selection" checkbox will
> no longer be checked (for me at least). Any further changes to any of the
> checkboxes don't appear to stick.
>
> The pbe_flag in the pbcatedt table appears to be getting updated when
making
> additional changes to the checkboxes, but the Edit Style window no longer
> displays the state of pbe_flag.
>
> The real problem here is that we have an application that makes heavy use
of
> the SyntaxFromSQL function in order to create dynamic DataWindows.
> Unfortunately, most of the settings specified in the Extended Attributes
> aren't getting applied to the DataWindows when they're created.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Damon

0
Millard
5/30/2007 8:34:08 PM
No, I don't have a support agreement with Sybase.  However, I did open a
case (#11353678) through Case-Express but I believe these cases are a lower
priority to Sybase than the alternate support routes.

"Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> Do you have a support agreement with Sybase? This looks like a time to
> open
> a case.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard [TeamSybase]
>
> "Damon Reicher" <dreicher@diginsp.com> wrote in message
>> Extended Attributes don't seem to be working correctly when connected to
> SQL
>> Server 2005 via ADO.NET.
>>
>> Here's how to reproduce the problem:
>> Connect to a SQL Server database via an ADO.NET Profile in the
> PowerBuilder
>> database painter. Add a new Edit Style (under Extended Attributes) that
> uses
>> the default Style "Edit". Check the "Auto Selection" checkbox and click
>> OK
>> to save the new Edit Style.
>>
>> Open the new Edit Style. The "Auto Selection" checkbox should still be
>> checked. Now click OK to close the Edit Style once again.
>>
>> Open the Edit Style again and this time the "Auto Selection" checkbox
>> will
>> no longer be checked (for me at least). Any further changes to any of the
>> checkboxes don't appear to stick.
>>
>> The pbe_flag in the pbcatedt table appears to be getting updated when
> making
>> additional changes to the checkboxes, but the Edit Style window no longer
>> displays the state of pbe_flag.
>>
>> The real problem here is that we have an application that makes heavy use
> of
>> the SyntaxFromSQL function in order to create dynamic DataWindows.
>> Unfortunately, most of the settings specified in the Extended Attributes
>> aren't getting applied to the DataWindows when they're created.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Damon

0
Damon