Error with dddw using computed column as data column

Hi,

I'm working with PB 5.0.04 on Win 95.

I have a datawindow object which I want to use as dddw. This datawindow object
retrieves a numeric ID and three string fields from a table. I created a
(named) computed field in the detail band which consists of a concattenation of
the three string fields. I'm not allowed to use a SQL computed column.

When I use this datawindow object as dddw with the computed column as
display-item and the ID as data-item I can't store the (main) datawindow. I get
a "syntax error at line ## in column ##" ...??

Can this be caused by the fact that the ID is numeric and the computed column
is char?

Is it a bug? Or is it me?

Herman.

0
herman

In article <N.120898.213434.69@wxssbn>, herman.mol@wxs.nl says...
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with PB 5.0.04 on Win 95.
>
> I have a datawindow object which I want to use as dddw. This datawindow object
> retrieves a numeric ID and three string fields from a table. I created a
> (named) computed field in the detail band which consists of a concattenation of
> the three string fields. I'm not allowed to use a SQL computed column.
>
> When I use this datawindow object as dddw with the computed column as
> display-item and the ID as data-item I can't store the (main) datawindow. I get
> a "syntax error at line ## in column ##" ...??
>
> Can this be caused by the fact that the ID is numeric and the computed column
> is char?
>
> Is it a bug? Or is it me?
>
> Herman.

I've done this a lot and it works for me.
Make sure that the column on the main dw is of the same datatype as the
data column in the dddw.

HTH

--
Andy Tauber - [TeamPS]
Cotelligent - Portland

DDDW Display column VS Data column
I have 2 codes that are different. like aaa, bbb (data column) but for their description (display column) it is same. "Test" and when I choose bbb, it only takes aaa. It looks like it does not care about data column. it looks up the display column and then takes the first match. and itemchanged even won't even get fired. Is this true about datawindow service? if so, why? or is there any other way to get around it? Thanks. If the display values are the same, how does the user know which one to choose? You need to make the display values unique. You could do ...

Using the column value of another row in computed column.
Hi fellow PBer's, I am having trouble figuring out how to reference the column value of a specific row. In the computed columns property sheet, I select the "More" button to modify the columns expression. The way I understand help is to specify columnname[integer] where integer is the number of rows (positive or negative) relative to the current row (ie Total[-1] would be the value of the Total column in the previous row. However, I cant seem to get this to compile in the modify expression painter. I am using PB5.0 on Win95. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

Format data on DDDW Column on a datawindow
Have a column which is DDDW. Displays Gl Account. I have to format the GL Account numbers '##-###-####-######'. If I use the editmask.mask = ' ' then the column will not show the Drop Down. Please Help. Tks Jay Kapadia -- ------------------------------------ Make Unlimited phone calls from your PC to ANY phone in the World! http://www.eboom.com/free/ If you set the style to editmask, it's not a DDDW anymore. Try using the format on the display column in the DDDW dataobject. Jay Kapadia wrote in message <4xYbaMLOCHA.195@forums.sybase.com>... &...

GPF if i use Computed Column with Datawindow
GPF if i use Computed Column with Datawindow ...

File, Line,Column,Project columns not displaying data in Error List!
Hi I need help here. In my error list window, my File, Line,Column,Project columns are not displaying data at at all thus it's making it very difficult to debug my errors. can someone enlighten me on this issue? Thanks alot!Sincerely Yours, Abupapa Hello, Anyone bother to help me or know the answer to my question? Thank you.. Sincerely Yours, Abupapa...

datawindow.column.count not returning column count using dot or Describe
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? ...

How can I find the datawindow used by a dddw column?
I am implementing a dw caching service and want to be able to automatically detect when a drop-down's datawindow has been cached. I would like to be able to use the dataobject of the dropdown as the Cache ID but cannot find a way of determining it. You cannot find the dataobject of a datawindowchild and the dddw.property list includes everything except the datawindow. <Paul_W> wrote in message news:9B7B8319F23F06EB005A8F0E85256B75.005A8F3585256B75@webforums... > I am implementing a dw caching service and want to be able to automatically > detect when a drop-do...

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

Transporting data from Long column to Long Raw column while using Oracle as the backend
Hi, Is there some way in PB 7 to pipeline a long column value to long raw column. Presently, the way we are doing it is, converting it first to blob and then using updateblob. But its very slow and speed is our issue. Hope some support is there in PB 7 to do that at one go through pipeline or ...? Please suggest some better way to accompolish that. Regards, Sunil Dangwal ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

How do I turn 2 columns of data into 6 columns of data?
I am pulling the Display Name and Fax Number from Active Directory.  It gets put into a datatable, then fed to a DataGrid.  I end up with a format like this: dn fn dn fn dn fn etc. What I need to do is format it like this: dn fn dn fn dn fn dn fn dn fn dn fn I can try a DataList and use <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "cn" %>, but then the same values would be put in the same place as the code looped through the search results. Does anyone know how to change the actual column layout of a DataGrid or DataList so the data is displayed horizontal...

computing fields from column to column
Hello dw-experts! I have a weird problem designing a report: I want to balance a cash account (dictionary!). So I have an initial amount of money and a variying number of vouchers. Now I'd like to compute the new bookstock for every voucher. e.g. intial amount: � 100,-- voucher in/out amount stock old stock new voucher 1 IN � 15,-- � 100,-- � 115,-- voucher 2 OUT � 10,-- � 115,-- � 105,-- I already realized this using a temp-table but to prefent the use of temp-tables and for other reasons I'd like this to be computed within ...

Problem in using sqlbulkcopy to insert data from datatable(no identity column) into sql server table having identity column
Hi, I am having problem in bulk update of a sql server table haning identity column from a datatable( has no identity column) using sqlbulkcopy. I tried several approaches, but it does not show any error nor is the table getting updated. But the identity value seems to getting increased every time. thanks. varun Hmmmm...that means it is inserting something...I wonder if your datatable has data in it. Can you check that?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! The first thing i did was checked it. The datatable is getting populated fine. What could possibly be wrong si...

Web resources about - Error with dddw using computed column as data column - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Single-photon emission computed tomography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, it is able to provide true 3D information. This information is typically presented as cross-sectional slices through the patient, but ...

For Jacki Weaver, 'Silver Linings Playbook' finally computed
Jacki Weaver of 'Silver Linings Playbook' says it was a thrill to work with Robert De Niro in David O. Russell's quirky film.

A Lion Goes Undergoes Computed Tomography Because Even Big Cats Need a CAT Scan Every Once in a While ...
... The Leibniz Institute for Zoo & Wildlife Research (IZW) in Berlin, Germany, today inaugurates the world’s most advanced state-of-the art computed ...

The guy who found Waldo computed the longest American road trip
... Olson, a doctoral student at Michigan State, and asked him to compute one of the most complicated road trips ever. (Olson previously computed ...

Discovering How Greeks Computed in 100 B.C.
The Antikythera Mechanism organized the ancient Greek calendar in the cycles of the Olympiad, researchers say.

Technique using computed tomography associated with improved detection of lymph node metastasis in patients ...
Preoperative 3-dimensional visualization of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) with a technique known as single-photon emission computed tomography/computed ...

Chromatin Conformation Computed
By manipulating DNA sequences that guide genome-folding, researchers confirm an existing model of chromatin structure inside the nucleus.

Researchers use computed microtomography to identify well preserved fossil arthropod
Ludwig Maximilian University researchers have used computed microtomography (micro-CT) to identify to the species level an exceptionally wellpreserved ...

Endocranial features of Australopithecus africanus revealed by 2- and 3-D computed tomography
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO 63110. The earliest hominid from South Africa, Australopithecus ...