Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow #2

Hello,

After creating 2 reports to Composite DataWindow, I try to select arguments

to both reports, but i'm not getting. In the moment of select, it print

Thanks.

0
iso

Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow
Hello, After creating 2 reports to Composite DataWindow, I try to select arguments to both reports, but i'm not getting. In the moment of select, it print this message: " '(' expected after function name ". Power builder versio 7.0 Thanks. That's a known bug. Upgrade to 702 or later. Upgrades are available on my.sybase.com, downloads. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "F�bio" &l...

Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow
Hello, After creating 2 reports to Composite DataWindow, I try to select arguments to both reports, but i'm not getting. In the moment of select, it print this message: " '(' expected after function name ". Thanks. Try posting in powerbuilder.general this forum is for EAServer. -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "F�bio" <F0xL1A0zbio> wrote in message news:8AE6C936146A4A60004D5E2885256B3E.004D5E5785256B3E@webforums... > Hello, > > After creating 2 r...

Datawindow Error: Select error: #2
Hi guys, during the stage of upgrade PB application from v6.51 to 9.0(backend upgrade from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 9.2.0.), I want to use O84 driver in PB9 instead of O73 in PB6.5.1, but I got the error like this:"Datawindow error: Select error" in one of my datawindow when I try to preview it. here's my SQL statement for the datawindow. SELECT "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_ID", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR&...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

DataWindow Select Error #2
Retrieving data for printing. Has printed 24 pages. Retrieval involving more data gets 'Select Error'. First application in PB. Using PB 7.0.2, Oracle 8.0.3, DataWindow with select statement. Thanks. ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But this seems not to be the main issue here to be discussed. Fact is, and I've looked around to may other Programming systems, there is NO OTHER tool (I did not find any) which is comparable RAD..." So here's the two-fold feedback I'm hoping for and thanks in advance for your investment of time/effort to respond... *** 1) What true competitive differentiators does PowerBuilder still have as 2007 draws to a close? *** Yes, we can add/improve features but... *** 2) What can we add to, or change about PowerBuilder that would be a true competitive differentiator? *** Arguably one way to distill this down would be to ask what can be done for PowerBuilder that would make it better than (Visual Studio + DataWindow .NET)? Maybe its a single feature. Maybe its a new category of functionality. Maybe its a "eureka" modification to something PowerBu...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow #2
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie Turn your DataWindow into syntax mode. It probably will be easier to see what is wrong. If you can't see what it wrong then post the SQL syntax here and we'll take a look at it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions...

Datawindow Error: Select Error:
The title of the messagebox: Datawindow Error Message is: Select Error: Migrated 6.5 libraries to 8.0. SQL is build on the fly using dot notation(datawindow.table.select) add the where clause and set the sql using dot notation(datawindow.table.select). The datawindow still work fine in the 6.5 environment but not in the 8.0 environment. Why are the messageboxes coming up? I've recreated on of the datawindow and the select error goes away but there are many windows with datawindows retrieving data and we can't recreate our entire app...

datawindow find
The problem Heather Young describes, has been happening since all versions of powerbuilder. in Europe, the best thing to do is arguments en variables of type Double, instead of Decimal. The double traduces "well" in functions used in powerscript. if the job is too much to change all variables, then another option might be to change the decimal separator in the control panel (regional settings). (Your client might not like to do so) Hope if any good. Miguel ...

Help! How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a composite datawindow?
Help! How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a composite datawindow? Would the following work? dw_nest.Object.DataWindow.Table.Select="select employee_id from ..." Please help. jungan@aboex.com GetChild () ??? "Jun Gan" <jungan@aboex.com> wrote in message news:40e48313$1@forums-2-dub... > Help! > > How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a > composite datawindow? > > Would the following work? > > dw_nest.Object.DataWindow.Table.Select="select e...

Can i modify the "Table.Select" syntax for DataWindow in a composite Datawindow ?
Hi everyone, For a normal datawindow (means not composite datawindow) control , it works very well: sVarSaveSyntax = dw_1.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Select") and dw_1.modify( "datawindow.table.select" ) = my_newSelectSyntax but in a composite datawindow, it does not work. So how can i get and modify the syntax of nested datawindow? or it's impossible at all? Thanks in advance! David Wu "David Wu" <milon@nbip.net> wrote in message news:LM6#5XBwBHA.307@forums.sybase.com... > Hi everyone, > > For a normal datawi...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

DATAWINDOW ERROR : SELECT ERROR 1
HI all I am getting above error while retrieving a datawindow thru my application. The datawindow is made using stored procedure as data source and manual result set. I have taken only one column in result set. but its not working. while other datawindow with made using another stored procedure have no problem also it don't have any retrieval argument. I have searched forums already for this but is not of much help. Please HELP.Thanks Purva Can you retrieve this datawindow in the datawindow painter? What do you mean by "I have taken only one column in result s...

Datawindow create error: datawindow error has incorrect release number
I have the following table: CREATE TABLE dbo.APP_REPORTS ( rec_id numeric(18,0) NOT NULL, dw_state image NULL, dw_structure image NULL, CONSTRAINT RAPPORTEN PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED(rec_id) ) go In this table I have stored reports generated from datawindows in PB9. Now we are migrating to PB11, but I get an error retrieving/generating the datawindows/reports from this table containing PB9 versions. In powerbuilder I have following code (in short): //ids_buffer is a datastore containing the report to preview //datawindow creation (from dw...

html datawindow error ERROR: Datawindow definition not set urgent
I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file (*.src) and deploy I get this message ERROR: Datawindow definition not set from my browser are there anybody to help me Thanks Francisco Pardo fpw@gruposoin.com.mx Select the Generate Absolute path in the DTC. Francisco Javier Pardo Weaver wrote in message <5JGJ$grD$GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX >sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file ...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

Web resources about - Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo