Error: Invalid DataWindow row/column specified

I am using PowerBuilder 10.5.   I have an external
Datawindow that links to a DropDownDW with a display column
called "name1_txt" and a data column called
"address_key_id".
I am able to populate the field from the DropDownDW after
the window opens.

Prior to the window opening in the ue_init() of the window:

	dw_address_names.SetTransObject(itran)
        ll_Error =
dw_address_names.GetChild("name1_txt",ldwc_AddressNames)
		ldwc_AddressNames.SetTransObject(itran)

		ll_RowCount = ldwc_AddressNames.Retrieve(idec_CuId)

The code correct retrieves 1 record which I can select from
the GUI.

In the ue_ok() function, I want to get the data column
"address_key_id " with code:

ldec_Address_Key_Id =
dw_address_names.GetItemDecimal(1,"address_key_id")

However, this gives me "Invalid DataWindow row/column
specified" error.

Anyone have any ideas why I am able to select an item from
the DDDW but not retrieve the data value?
-1
crconti

A dddw is meant for choosing a display value from a list which it then
uses to push the data value into the parent dw's column. You'll want
dw_address_names.GetItemXXX (1, 'name1_txt')

In other words, you won't need to access the dddw at all to get the
value. A simple GetItemXXX on the parent dw should give you the value
you're looking for.

On 12/14/2010 12:22 PM, crconti wrote:
> I am using PowerBuilder 10.5.   I have an external
> Datawindow that links to a DropDownDW with a display column
> called "name1_txt" and a data column called
> "address_key_id".
> I am able to populate the field from the DropDownDW after
> the window opens.
>
> Prior to the window opening in the ue_init() of the window:
>
> 	dw_address_names.SetTransObject(itran)
>          ll_Error =
> dw_address_names.GetChild("name1_txt",ldwc_AddressNames)
> 		ldwc_AddressNames.SetTransObject(itran)
>
> 		ll_RowCount = ldwc_AddressNames.Retrieve(idec_CuId)
>
> The code correct retrieves 1 record which I can select from
> the GUI.
>

> In the ue_ok() function, I want to get the data column
> "address_key_id " with code:
>
> ldec_Address_Key_Id =
> dw_address_names.GetItemDecimal(1,"address_key_id")
>
> However, this gives me "Invalid DataWindow row/column
> specified" error.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why I am able to select an item from
> the DDDW but not retrieve the data value?
-1
Jason
12/14/2010 6:38:47 PM
Hi;

Is the column "address_key_id" really a decimal data type?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"crconti" wrote in message news:4d07b5d8.3fe2.1681692777@sybase.com...

[...]

Chris

Error INVALID Datawindow row/column specified
Please help! I am debugging an application that uses Powerbuild 6.0 and when opening a window I receive this message. Any clues. Thanks, Peggy Somewhere in the code path during the window open, you are trying to access or modify a dw row or column that is not valid. It could be a case where you are trying to access a row before the dw has been retrieved. For example, if you are accessing a row in the constructor for the dw but the retrieve is performed in the open event of the window, this will cause the error. HTH, steve [TeamPS] Peggy Jaquith wrote: > > P...

Invalid Datawindow Row/Column specified
Hi People, I have a table consisting of columns mgr1_name to mgr5_name. Now I want to check whether their are names in those columns for a particular row and than insert them into a dropdownlistbox. code: For li = 1 To 5 ls_mgr_nm = lds_user_details.GetItemString(li,"mgr" + String(li) + "_name") If Not IsNull(ls_mgr_nm) Or ls_mgr_nm <> "" Then ddlb_mgr_nm.AddItem(ls_mgr_nm) End If Next Its giving me Invalid datawindow row/column specified. Does any one over here know how can I achieve this in any other way or would like to know what am I mis...

Invalid Datawindow Row/Column error at run time
Hello, My PB 9 application freezes or hangs every time I come accross an instance or this. If I run the the App thru PB I get the error. Thru the executeable it just hangs. (this never happened in PB 7) Any suggestions other than fixing every possible instance of bad code (which would be the best way to go, but the longest as this is a big App). Thanks, Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup as this group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase Plan on attending the Seventh Annual Sybase Tools Seminar http://...

Invalid Datawindow Row Column specified at retrieve end event.
Hi, I'm using PB10.5 Ent. I have a grid datawindow and in the RetrieveEnd event I have the following code. The OrderNumExists is a boolean variable to verify that the column ordernum indeed exists in that datawindow. The variable isTree I use it to identify a treeview datawindow. IF RowCount = 1 AND OrderNumExists AND isTree = FALSE THEN il_OrderNum = dw_uo.object.ordernum[RowCount] This code gives me the error, the column exists and there were rows retrieved. I also tried using the getItemNumber() and got the same error. I can get the value of the column from other func...

'Invalid datawindow row/column specified' after several iterations.
I am getting 'Invalid datawindow row/column specified' errors in places that work the first 3 or 4 times for the same functionality. Eventually the application breaks down and gives these errors. Sometimes a datawindow won't display on screen also. Any ideas? Thanks. Can you explain a bit more exactly what it is you are doing? The error you are getting means that the row or column variable you are specifying in a function that takes row and column as arguments are not valid...ie they may be null or maybe even there is no data or you are performing the function o...

Invalid DataWindow row/column
We are using PB 7.0.2 Build 8046. On occassion we get the application error message Invalid DataWindow row/column specified and when I check the line of code it is reported against I find this: IF EVENT ue_block_message() = 1 THEN This makes no sense to me in that the line does not refer to a datawindow, a row, or a column. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. OK, so which is it? A null object reference or an invalid row/column? You've asked the question twice, asking about both messages. I'd agree with Luca. This screams a Full Rebuild. You want to do it fro...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But this seems not to be the main issue here to be discussed. Fact is, and I've looked around to may other Programming systems, there is NO OTHER tool (I did not find any) which is comparable RAD..." So here's the two-fold feedback I'm hoping for and thanks in advance for your investment of time/effort to respond... *** 1) What true competitive differentiators does PowerBuilder still have as 2007 draws to a close? *** Yes, we can add/improve features but... *** 2) What can we add to, or change about PowerBuilder that would be a true competitive differentiator? *** Arguably one way to distill this down would be to ask what can be done for PowerBuilder that would make it better than (Visual Studio + DataWindow .NET)? Maybe its a single feature. Maybe its a new category of functionality. Maybe its a "eureka" modification to something PowerBu...

Invalid DataWindow row/column #3
version 8 build 9704 error 6: Invalid DataWindow row/column specified at line 36 in clicked event of object dw_1 of w_reports_output The clicked field is in the group header and is a hyperlink. Now, if I move this hyperlink field to the detail area of my report, it works just fine. You are geting an error in the clicked event because of an invalid row. The hearder always has 0 as the row number. Can you show us the code in the clicked event of the datawindow? Jim On 5 Mar 2004 08:51:51 -0800, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Sarah> wrote: >version 8 b...

Invalid DataWindow row/column #2
I need some help. I have a DW that is using two tables joined together. The tables are called "sieves" and "sievespecs". Sieves has fields (sieveid, size) Sievespec has fields (sievespecid, sieveid, spec, low, high, plantprodid) Within the open script for the window is the following code segment: The dw has be retrieved and displays the correct information: IF ll_rows < 1 THEN ll_rows = dw_sievesize.RowCount() DO UNTIL i = ll_rows +1 dw_sievedata.insertrow(0) dw_sievedata.SetFocus() s1= dw_sievesize.GetItemNumber(ll_rows,"sievespec_sievespe...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

html datawindow error ERROR: Datawindow definition not set urgent
I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file (*.src) and deploy I get this message ERROR: Datawindow definition not set from my browser are there anybody to help me Thanks Francisco Pardo fpw@gruposoin.com.mx Select the Generate Absolute path in the DTC. Francisco Javier Pardo Weaver wrote in message <5JGJ$grD$GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX >sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file ...

PB 7.0.2 invalid datawindow row/column
Using PB 7.0.2 build 8003 and ASA 7.0.0.313 I just migrated the application from PB 6.5.1 to PB 7.0.2. Migration was succesfull. Now running the application result in the message "invalid datawindow row/column...". Put back the copy and started again with PB 6.5.1. everything works fine. When the field is op type CharVar(40) we get an error at line: dw_installatie.GetItemString(1, "name") name = CharVar(40). Skipping this line the application runs till we read the next CharVar variable. In PB6.5.1. everything works fine. Thanks Eric I haven&#...

Error 39: : Is there a way to determine if a row and column exists on a datawindow?
Hi Everyone, We are having an issue whereby, we are receiving a run-time error 39(error accessing external object property). Unfortunately, it is somewhat erratic and not very re-producible. It seems to be only happening with one of our customers. Although, I have seen it once or twice on my development machine. Therefore, I do not suspect environment. But I really don't know. We have some defensive code that logically seems like it should work. This is it: if li_RetVal = 1 and dataobject = 'd_cashreg_bot' and ll_row > 0 and RowCount() > 0 then ldec_p...

Datawindow create error: datawindow error has incorrect release number
I have the following table: CREATE TABLE dbo.APP_REPORTS ( rec_id numeric(18,0) NOT NULL, dw_state image NULL, dw_structure image NULL, CONSTRAINT RAPPORTEN PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED(rec_id) ) go In this table I have stored reports generated from datawindows in PB9. Now we are migrating to PB11, but I get an error retrieving/generating the datawindows/reports from this table containing PB9 versions. In powerbuilder I have following code (in short): //ids_buffer is a datastore containing the report to preview //datawindow creation (from dw...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Web resources about - Error: Invalid DataWindow row/column specified - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo