Edit mask in Integer Field

I'm trying to an edit mask in an integer field in a Sybase Database.  I
want to set the mask to ###,###,### .  When I do this, I do not see any
value in the field if the value is supposed to be "0" .  I see all other
values from 1 to 999,999,999 but not "0" !  If I set the mask to #########,
it works fine! Anybody have any ideas what is going on here?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Gary H.
-1
Gary

> I'm trying to an edit mask in an integer field in a Sybase Database.  I
> want to set the mask to ###,###,### .  When I do this, I do not see any
> value in the field if the value is supposed to be "0" .  I see all other
> values from 1 to 999,999,999 but not "0" !  If I set the mask to #########,
> it works fine! Anybody have any ideas what is going on here?
> Thanks in advance for the help.

Use the following edit mask to see the "0" values:  "###,###,##0"

--
Regards,
Don Roof [TeamPS]

Masked Edit Extender and Masked Edit Validator on display fields
Hi   I am using the Masked Edit Extender and Masked Edit Validator on a number of DateTime fields in my current projected. Trouble is, when it comes to re-displaying the data for Editing / Etc, it don't display. Am I missing something? This is the relevant code:DateTime dtDateOfIncident = Convert.ToDateTime(reader["dateTimeOfIncident"]); this.txtDateOfIncident.Text = dtDateOfIncident.ToString(); The field txtDateOfIncident has the Maked Edit Extender and Validator on it. Stapes Solved it myself. Had to reformat the date to make it display:DateTime dtSelectedDate = ...

Insert-Override problem for edit and edit-mask fields
Hi, Accessing a Clipper DB with PB 5.00 datawindows: If I give edit properties and @@@@@@ edit format. I have problem with insert. If I use autoselect option then it highlights the existing text and it erases the whole of the data. If I give editmask !!!!!!!!!! then the overwrite problem is solved but then insert problem continues... Pressing insert key on the keyboard does not effect anything??? I appreciate any qucik help. Ali R+ SARAL OKYANUS (OCEAN) Ltd. ...

Date field edit mask, but without the "mask" (zeros)?
Hi, probably a silly question, but: we have just converted to 11.5, and I am making use of that lovely drop-down calendar featuer for the DATE fields. However, in order to select that, I have to put that the field Style Type is EditMask. Previously, I avoided doing this because if EditMask was set, it forced 00/00/0000 into all date fields, which annoyed some users (and me), so I just used to have DATE fields as Edit style type. I can see that under the Style Type, I have to specify Mask, whcih I've tried all of them. [date] mask will pre-fill in 00/00/0000, and if I try ...

masking on editable fields?
Is there a way to put an edit mask on any of the user editable fields? Thanks! Jeff, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.co...

Edit Masks In Datawindows
I would like to allow the user to use the arrow keys to change values in edit masks in datawindows. However, this doesn't seem to be normal behaivor. I've tried capturing the arrow keys in the pbm_dwnkey event and this works fine if there is only on row. But when there are multiple rows, the arrow keys causes the current row and scroll position to change. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the edit masks to change values with the arrow key. I'm using PB 4.0 ...

Edit Mask in a Datawindow
I have a datawindow which contains a column that holds dollar amounts. I have an edit mask of $###,###,### for that column. When I run my application, if I type a value into that column and tab out of it and then later on decide to clear the value, I am not able to exit the column. How do I resolve this problem? Thanks. Why aren't you using an edit mask of $#,##0 ? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Jennifer Kong" <J...

editing a field in a datawindow....
I placed a datawindows on a window and it retrieves data .... (name: frank adres: xxxxx place: yyyy) when i run the application i cannot put my cursor in the frank/xxxx/yyyy lines.... anyone knows how to solve this? thanks Hans -- Hans, change Tab Order for columns from 0. HTH Alex Osin "Hans Kluppel" <20001110@si.hhs.nl> wrote in message news:3C45DA43.A0766BBC@si.hhs.nl... > I placed a datawindows on a window and it retrieves data .... > (name: frank > adres: xxxxx > place: yyyy) > > when i run the application i cannot pu...

Mask Edit Masks
Hi there I need a mask edit to allow any number either positive or negative. I have it setup as 99,999,999, but i am unable to input the minus sign with this - are there any samples of the various options available with masks as i have been unable to find any for maskeditextenders... thanks in advance.... Hi daverooke, The ajax control toolkit sample site has an example with a positive and negative value.http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/MaskedEdit/MaskedEdit.aspx Please download the sample site and look how they manage to do it! Kind regards,WimPlease remember to cl...

How to determine column mask (edit, dddw, edit mask, etc)
I can't find the syntax for determining whether a DW column is setup as an Edit, Edit Mask, Radio button, Checkbox or a dropdown DDDW. I'm sure I could run some wueries to determine what the field isn't, but I'm sure there is syntax to get it directly. The problem we're encountering is that I'm trying to set a field as required but if I use "edit.required" in a dropdwon, it turns the dropdown into an edit. Thanks!! Pete Roger If the column is set with the dddw edit style, you want to use "dddw.required". Each of the edit s...

Edit Mask in Datawindow Column
I have a datawindow which contains a column that holds dollar amounts. I have an edit mask of $###,###,### for that column. When I run my application, if I type a value into that column and tab out of it and then later on decide to clear the value, I am not able to exit the column. How do I resolve this problem? Thanks. Jennifer When you say that you can not exit the column, is it because you get message saying that it doesn't pass validation. If so it sounds like you have that column marked as "Required". You can uncheck the "Required" box in the Edit ...

Datawindow edit mask and international
I have some problem with an application created in France with PB 7.0.3 build 10106: If i put a numeric mask on a column like this : #,###.### In france, it's work fine but not in England. When the user write 536.56 and do a tabulation the result is 536 560.00. The english user have a French W2000 station and have selected English R.U. in his regional parameter. Thanks for your help. Cyrille. cvautrin@gfi.fr ...

Validate one datagrid edit field off another edit field
ok I have a dropdownlist if the user selects Item 3 then I want to show a requiredfieldvalidator for the datefield. see your previous post. I can provide you with some sample code doing not exactly that but using one control validation based on the value of the other one. Give me a shout if you are interested Cheers Bug [MCSD] i did not think the first one went through, thanks I will look...

Datawindow edit mask problem
Hi folks. I have a strange problem with the edit mask property of a date field in a datawindow. I attached a PDF file (I hope it's not a problem?!) with a detailed description of the issue. Any ideas ? Thanks begin 666 datawindow edit mask problem.pdf M)5!$1BTQ+C,*)<?LCZ(*-2 P(&]B:@H\/"],96YG=&@@-B P(%(O1FEL=&5R M("]&;&%T941E8V]D93X^"G-T<F5A;0IXG+U8>VP411A',8IK2RH5`8.ZA*A[ MXNWM[,YC-R+2!VA%PL.+( ^U3SCLBQ8J$ RVT*II%#5$"25J"(@$`R@O!0D% M"2%1?("H43 0,=J*@A%"@@DXL[NW.WLW2^_ "/],YV:^F?WF]_AF9LN:"...

TTable Fields Edit Mask
I have data already entered in an Access DB with phone numbers in format area code and number. The phone numbers were OK until I added an edit mask for the phone number and now none of my phone numbers appear in the DBGrids or DBEdit boxes. Is there a way to fix this without entering the numbers again? In the Access Database, I had an edit mask on the phone number that I took out and it didn't change the display of the phone number - still no numbers appear in the grids or edit boxes. Edited by: Alan Jordan on Oct 16, 2008 6:31 AM Hello Alan To answer your question, please sho...

Web resources about - Edit mask in Integer Field - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences ( OEIS ), also cited simply as Sloane's , is an online database of integer sequences , created ...

Interactive Integers - Addition and Subtraction on the App Store on iTunes
Get Interactive Integers - Addition and Subtraction on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Starbucks Taps Omnicom's Integer For Efforts Outside Its Stores
Omnicom Group's Integer Group has been added to the Starbucks roster after the coffee giant sought an agency for a big shopper-marketing push. ...

The New C: Integers in C99, Part 1 - Dr Dobb's December 2000/The New C
C has its roots in typeless languages, but it has come a long long way from its humble beginnings.

New MIT Debugger Checks for Integer Overflows
MIT's Directed Integer Overflow Detection (DIODE) debugger automatically finds integer overflows, which can potentially allow hacker attacks. ...

Gamasutra: Max Woolf's Blog - Diablo III Economy Broken by an Integer Overflow Bug
The following blog was, unless otherwise noted, independently written by a member of Gamasutra's game development community. The thoughts and ...

AWS EC2 C3/C4 Multicore Integer Performance Comparison
The C4 family, on average, had a 14 percent increase in integer performance over the C3 family. The c4.8xlarge VMs exhibited the largest performance ...

View Count for PSY’s ‘Gangnam Style’ Music Video Surpasses the 32-Bit Integer Max Value on YouTube
YouTube has upgraded their view count tracking after the music video for “Gangnam Style” by PSY surpassed the 32-bit integer max positive value ...

The saddest thing I know about integers
This is for math geeks and musicians. What really happens if you use a circle of fourths or fifths to tune an instrument?