DW-Stored procedure problem SQLServer7 and PB7

Hello all,

This is a severe problem for us.  Here are the details:

1. Evaluation copy of PB 7.0 from Sybase.
2. Stored procedure on MS-SQL Server 7.0
3. The System procedure sp_dbcmptlevel on the server returns the following
when run on our database in the Query Analyzer:
"Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, or 70."

So far so good.  I attempt to build a simple grid (or any) dw based on a
stored procedure, and get an error (can't remember the exact wording now)
about datatype or data size conversion error, and I can never create a dw
based on the stored procedure.

The procedure runs without errors on the Query Analyzer, and I can build as
many datawindows as I care to on pb 6.5.1. based on the same stored
procedure in same database.  The procedure is extremely simple, gets two
parameters (long) and returns one result set.

Existing datawindows created on the same stored procedures in PB 6.5.1 and
migrated to PB 7.0 (again, the same eval copy) run fine - after some size
adjustments were made to a few string columns.

Is this a known problem with the eval?  is there a fix or does the
full-release version solve this problem?

I don't need an urgent answer but we really need an answer.  We are
considering a major migration of a mission critical system to PB7.
0
Rafi

DW-Stored procedure problem SQLServer7 and PB7 #2
Hello all, This is a severe problem for us. Here are the details: 1. Evaluation copy of PB 7.0 from Sybase. 2. Stored procedure on MS-SQL Server 7.0 3. The System procedure sp_dbcmptlevel on the server returns the following when run on our database in the Query Analyzer: "Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, or 70." So far so good. I attempt to build a simple grid (or any) dw based on a stored procedure, and get an error (can't remember the exact wording now) about datatype or data size conversion error, and I can never create a dw based on t...

DW-Stored Procedure problem with MS-SQL7 and PB7
Hello all, This is a severe problem for us. Here are the details: 1. Evaluation copy of PB 7.0 from Sybase. 2. Stored procedure on MS-SQL Server 7.0 3. The System procedure sp_dbcmptlevel on the server returns the following when run on our database in the Query Analyzer: "Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, or 70." So far so good. I attempt to build a simple grid (or any) dw based on a stored procedure, and get an error (can't remember the exact wording now) about datatype or data size conversion error, and I can never create a dw based on t...

Problem with sqlpreview with dw using stored procedure update in PB7
pb7 documentation states that returning a value of 2 in sqlpreview event of a datawindow, skips the executing of the current sql statement. however, it seems that this is ignored if your datawindow uses stored procedure update. the stored procedure gets executed regardless of the return value. can anyone please help me how should i correct this? thanks in advance. > pb7 documentation states that returning a value of 2 in > sqlpreview event of a datawindow, skips the executing of > the current sql statement. however, it seems that this is > ignored if your datawindow u...

PB7: Datawindows using Stored Procedures w/ cursor problem
I have tried to preview a datawindow that calls a stored procedure with a cursor. It does not return any results. When I ran the same DW in PB6.5 it returned results. A colleague of mine has also tried this on a similar "datawindow using a stored procedure w/ a cursor" with the same results. I can be contacted at dennisb@bestnet.com or dennisb@gsc-utah.com Dennis Bledsoe On Wed, 5 May 1999 14:41:28 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dennis Bledsoe <dennisb@gsc-utah.com> wrote: >I have tried to preview a datawindow that calls a stored pro...

DW-Stored Procedure Problem
Retrieving a PB7 DataWindow from a MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedure. I am running PowerBuilder 7.0 and using Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 as my Back-end. I have written a Stored procedure in SQL Server which accepts two arguments and returns a set of rows after a set of processing. But my Problem is when I create the DataWindow Object in PB7 it shows a "Data Conversion error" after the final step of the DW object creation wizard. This error does not come up if I check the Manual Result set option in the Wizard. But when I do so I don't get the output and also I am una...

problem with dw and a stored procedure
Hi all! I'm using a dw with an SP as data source. In design the dw retrieves data perfectly, but at run time I get this error: 5 Select error: ct_bind(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 15 given for parameter item. I'm using the same parameters in design and run time. Any idea about this? thanks in advance. PB 8.0.4 ASE 11.92 Win XP In design mode you are using a different database profile then at run time. You can try a few things: change the DBParm to set staticbind=0. It is probably set in the database profile during design (it ...

Powerbuilder datawindow + stored procedure
database ASA 7 When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow from a stored procedure. Is a stored procedure running faster because the database remembers the execution plan? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > database ASA 7 > > When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the > columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow > from a stored procedure. > > Is a stored...

DW and stored procedure problem
Hi! We have problem with sp as datawindow source. Server: Sybase 11.9.2 Linux, PowerBuilder 7.0.2 When I create dw I get message from PowerBuilder "Cannot create DataWindow SQLSTATE = 37000 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server] Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.test1;0 RETURN_VALUE =:RETURN_VALUE" SP: CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.test1 AS BEGIN select message from load_log END If anybody knows what it means and how can I fix it, please respond Thanx. ...

Stored procedure DW problem
Hi all, PB 12.1 Net (6639), SQL Server 2005, SNC. Stored procedure DW hangs PB (IDE not respond) when I try retrieve. When I run app and retrieve on this dw hangs app too. I try SQLNCLI10 and SQLNCLI. The same DW on PB 12.1 classic works OK. In trace log I see PB not set parameters for procedure. On retrieve dialog I set sBarcodeId to 24059589 but in trace log I see sBarcodeId = 0. My trace log : (15e5fce8): DIALOG CONNECT TO TRACE SNC SQL NATIVE CLIENT(OLE DB): (15e5fce8): LOGID=... (15e5fce8): SERVER=... (15e5fce8): DBPARM=Database='...',Provider='SQLNCLI...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

Stored Procedure
I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any result The SP is executed OK in mode interactive What's the problem? Thanks Alejandro Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work. Good Luck, Javier Barbieri "Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message news:emM3DATwAHA.157@forums.sybase.com... > I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 pa...

[...]

Web resources about - DW-Stored procedure problem SQLServer7 and PB7 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow