DW, SQL Code 2, Select error:

We use Sybase 11 in NT 4.0 Server and Powerbuilder 6.5 for application
design.  This case happened when I upload certain amount of data (2000+
records) into a table and then try to use the data window to view the data,
the following message appear:

SQL Code 2 encountered
Select error:

I made sure the following things:
1. I only use one table without any link
2. The table contains no foriegn key
3. The data is imported from a text file (no header), when I use
powerbuilder 6.5 to view the table directly, there is no error message
occure, and the data seems alright.
4. The data contains no duplicate key problem.
5. The data contains no null field problem.
6. The help document of PowerBuilder 6.5 contains no description about SQL
Code 2.
7. The Sybase Web site contains no document regarding SQL Code 2 (exact
phrase search)
8. If I type in the data directly into the table (when the table is empty),
the message won't occure.  However, I don't have time to type 2000+
records.

So is there anyone knows what is SQL Code 2? And/or is there anyway can go
around?
0
davidliu

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown in procedure #2
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I test my procedure in SQL interactive but got error: -------------------------------------------------------- Error at line 1 Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown - line 5, char 3 : SQL - CREATE PROCEDURE CreateNewSystem(NewSystemID VarChar(10), CurrentSelection Int, NewSystemName VarChar(20), CheckChild Boolean) AS DECLARE VARIABLE LeftRightValue INTEGER; begin IF :CheckChild THEN SELECT LeftRightValue = lft FROM "MEP_SYSTEMS" WHERE category_id=:CurrentSelection; ELSE SELECT LeftRightValue = rgt FROM "MEP_...

Datawindow Error: Select error: #2
Hi guys, during the stage of upgrade PB application from v6.51 to 9.0(backend upgrade from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 9.2.0.), I want to use O84 driver in PB9 instead of O73 in PB6.5.1, but I got the error like this:"Datawindow error: Select error" in one of my datawindow when I try to preview it. here's my SQL statement for the datawindow. SELECT "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_ID", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR&...

DataWindow Select Error #2
Retrieving data for printing. Has printed 24 pages. Retrieval involving more data gets 'Select Error'. First application in PB. Using PB 7.0.2, Oracle 8.0.3, DataWindow with select statement. Thanks. ...

PPB1.5.2 / ASA9.0.2
We're running into a serious problem with ASA9.0.2 build 2451. We have an application with various DW's , and retrieval arguments to a Long column in PPB ( integer in DB). Running the app on the desktop, with the same ASA9.0.2 2451 runs fine. Running the app on CE gives the following error : Datawindow Error Select error: SQLSTATE= S1090 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Invalid string or buffer length Anybody run into this, or do a test to see if they have the same problem. You need a small DW with a numeric retrieval argument. TIA, pbs This sounds like an issue that i...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow #2
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie Turn your DataWindow into syntax mode. It probably will be easier to see what is wrong. If you can't see what it wrong then post the SQL syntax here and we'll take a look at it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions...

Datawindow Error: Select Error:
The title of the messagebox: Datawindow Error Message is: Select Error: Migrated 6.5 libraries to 8.0. SQL is build on the fly using dot notation(datawindow.table.select) add the where clause and set the sql using dot notation(datawindow.table.select). The datawindow still work fine in the 6.5 environment but not in the 8.0 environment. Why are the messageboxes coming up? I've recreated on of the datawindow and the select error goes away but there are many windows with datawindows retrieving data and we can't recreate our entire app...

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown in procedure
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I test my procedure in SQL interactive but got error: -------------------------------------------------------- Error at line 1 Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown - line 5, char 3 : SQL - CREATE PROCEDURE CreateNewSystem(NewSystemID VarChar(10), CurrentSelection Int, NewSystemName VarChar(20), CheckChild Boolean) AS DECLARE VARIABLE LeftRightValue INTEGER; begin IF :CheckChild THEN SELECT LeftRightValue = lft FROM "MEP_SYSTEMS" WHERE category_id=:CurrentSelection; ELSE SELECT LeftRightValue = rgt FROM "MEP_...

2 Select Error is ocurring on a dw retrieve
I have a dw that is returning a "2 Select Error" on just one person's records in my application (Currently using PB v.9.01). The count of records that should have been retrieved is 374. I have a bunch of other people in the Oracle database that have a lot more records than that and they are retrieving fine. I have copied all of the rows into a person that we are using for testing and if I delete 75 of those records so that the total is 299 the records will pull up on the dw. If i manually add a dummy record to make it the 300th one it goes back to giving me the error. ...

sql select works in isql and not in datawindow code
im running with sybase 11 and i do a select statement like this select terminal_number, merchant_name=(select merchant_name from merchant_data from table1 , table2 where table2.field1 = convert(varchar, table3.field1) and table2.field2 = table1.field2 and table2.field3 = table1.field3) from table3 where terminal_number = 1111 and .......... and when i try to exit from datawindow datasource painter window (in text mode) it says "Incorrect Syntax near the word "from"" and if i move my marchant_name field before the terminal number...

Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow #2
Hello, After creating 2 reports to Composite DataWindow, I try to select arguments to both reports, but i'm not getting. In the moment of select, it print this message: " '(' expected after function name ". Thanks. ...

PB Runtime error
I have an PB 7 application, build 8033, where when we run it in the development enviroment it runs fine, but when we try to do an Query by Example with the executable, the application fails with this error. We are using informix 7.03 as our database. Any ideas? Thanks George We tried this on a couple of other non powebuilder development machines, and the application runs fine. It appears either to be an invalid .dll on that machine or an issue with Citrix and PB702. Anyone else using PB702 and Citrix? THanks George Can you get the SQL-Syntax? geocal99@ya...

To Replace SQL Select statement in the datawindow through script coding
Hello, Does somebody help me how to replace an old sql select statement with the new one? I've tried to use setSQLselect() of the datawindow with the new statement as the argument but it failed to get the right result, it supposed to retrieve the data covered in the new sql select statement. Any views on this? Thanks in advance Question from DW group. If DW has no retrival arguments you can use setsqlselect() overwise use MODIFY. It is more dificult becose of duoble quotas and etc. You can use breakpoint in SQLPREVIEW to test new SQL. On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:05:5...

iManager error with Error: NMAS LDAP Transport Error javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2
I have a problem exactly as related in tid (3947462), but the fix that I tried as posted in the TID did not do anything to rectify the problem. My server shows only 6 nmasldap before and after performing nmasinstall. This is a netware 6.5 server with service pack 5. No additional configuration changes or service packs were installed on the server since the last time this part of the functionality worked. The document says that there are 2 possible causes. The second cause, I don't beleive applies as there is only 1 netware server. I ran both the nmasinstall command on a wi...

Web resources about - DW, SQL Code 2, Select error: - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

United States House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming - Wikipedia, the free ...
but will work with the House standing committees with jurisdiction over climate change issues and develop recommendations on legislative proposals. ...

kotaku selects
Kotaku Selects

Facebook Testing ‘Select Ad Variations To Generate’ Option In Power Editor?
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature in Power Editor that allows users to more easily test different versions of their ads. continued… ...

Apple Selects Best Apps, Games of 2015
Apple revealed its “Best of 2015,” highlighting the best applications and games the iTunes App Store had to offer this year. Apple selected ...

Google Play offering select buy one, gift one movies for the holidays
... a few days ago, Google is giving you the chance to purchase a movie and gift that same movie to a friend for no extra charge. The selection ...

BMW selects two artists to create M6 GT3 art cars
Filed under: Design/Style , Motorsports , BMW , Coupe , Performance , Racing Artists Cao Fei and John Baldessari will create the 18th and 19th ...

US confidential note to select countries sets the terms for talks
... between developed and developing countries scrapped Days ahead of the launch of the Paris talks, the US has confidentially informed select countries ...

Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service
Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service Business Wire (press release) SAN JOSE, Calif.(BUSINESS WIRE)Netformx®, ...

DEAL: Buy Select Google Play Movies, Gift One to Someone for Free
We’re getting closer and closer to the holidays and gift-giving fever is just around the corner. In the spirit of the season, Google’s latest ...

CyanogenMod gives select smartphones an Android 6 update option
Lots of folks still don't have Android 6 "Marshmallow" on their shiny new phones, but owners of some older models can now it from CyanogenMod. ...