Dr. Watson Application Crash For PowerBuilder 9 on ResetUpdate() function call

App crashes with a Dr. Warson error on the ResetUpdate()
command of a PFC inheritted DW (4-6 times/day). The
SQLPreview Event seems tobe the last event triggered prior
to executing the stored procedure for update.

The linkage service and its Of_Update() function were also
disabled for testing and updates done through code calling
stored procedures and the crash has been traced down to the
ResetUpdate() function of the Detail DW.

The PBDebug file states crash occurs calling PB system DLL
to reset flags. I have never seen this happen before and
wondering if anyone has any pointers?
0
Kyriacos

Am using Windows NT and am also facing the same problem, I
too dont have any solution for this, but this wont happen
with Windows 2000
-Harry

> App crashes with a Dr. Warson error on the ResetUpdate()
> command of a PFC inheritted DW (4-6 times/day). The
> SQLPreview Event seems tobe the last event triggered prior
> to executing the stored procedure for update.
>
> The linkage service and its Of_Update() function were also
> disabled for testing and updates done through code calling
> stored procedures and the crash has been traced down to
> the ResetUpdate() function of the Detail DW.
>
> The PBDebug file states crash occurs calling PB system DLL
> to reset flags. I have never seen this happen before and
> wondering if anyone has any pointers?
0
Harry
12/9/2003 9:34:10 AM
I have taken most off the framework apart for testing and
have even created an External DataWindow manually coding the
procedure retrievals into the DW as well as the DW updates
to the database.

The only thing I was doing to the datawindow in the end was
resetting the update flags and this still failed. This is
really unacceptable for an enterprise 4GL package and
believe it may be something for Sybase to look into. Not
sure where the work-around is at this point but it may be a
case of making the DW non-updatable all together and
manually saving after comparing values in the Original
buffer to see if they are changed; poor way of doing this
but running out off ideas.

Kyriacos

> Am using Windows NT and am also facing the same problem, I
> too dont have any solution for this, but this wont happen
> with Windows 2000
> -Harry
>
> > App crashes with a Dr. Warson error on the ResetUpdate()
> > command of a PFC inheritted DW (4-6 times/day). The
> > SQLPreview Event seems tobe the last event triggered
> > prior to executing the stored procedure for update.
> >
> > The linkage service and its Of_Update() function were
> > also disabled for testing and updates done through code
> > calling stored procedures and the crash has been traced
> > down to the ResetUpdate() function of the Detail DW.
> >
> > The PBDebug file states crash occurs calling PB system
> > DLL to reset flags. I have never seen this happen before
> > and wondering if anyone has any pointers?
0
Update
12/9/2003 3:30:19 PM
I have found a workaround for this PB Bug which seems to
have stablized the updates in general. Basically wrote code
in the ancestor framework to override Master-Detail linkage
saving and to fire the update procedures during the save
process for the detail DW through code.

The DW in the Detail is also set to non-updateable and
therefore ResetUpdate not called at all. I am able to find
out whether the Detail DW does in fact have changes made by
comparing the "Original!" Retrieve buffer value to the one
currently in the buffer. If there is a change I can
determine the type of procedure to fire through the Row's
Status and call the appropriate procedure. so far this seems
to work for and may go ahead and tighten up the ancestor
code to update this way. This should have not hapenned in
the first place so I hope Sybase releases another patch
soon.

FYI - By the way the latest patch did make the previous
crashes more frequesnt so I have not even applied the most
recent.

Thanks and lets hope things get better

> I have taken most off the framework apart for testing and
> have even created an External DataWindow manually coding
> the procedure retrievals into the DW as well as the DW
> updates to the database.
>
> The only thing I was doing to the datawindow in the end
> was resetting the update flags and this still failed. This
> is really unacceptable for an enterprise 4GL package and
> believe it may be something for Sybase to look into. Not
> sure where the work-around is at this point but it may be
> a case of making the DW non-updatable all together and
> manually saving after comparing values in the Original
> buffer to see if they are changed; poor way of doing this
> but running out off ideas.
>
> Kyriacos
>

> > Am using Windows NT and am also facing the same problem,
> > I too dont have any solution for this, but this wont
> > happen with Windows 2000
> > -Harry
> >
> > > App crashes with a Dr. Warson error on the
> > > ResetUpdate() command of a PFC inheritted DW (4-6
> > > times/day). The SQLPreview Event seems tobe the last
> > > event triggered prior to executing the stored
> > procedure for update. >
> > > The linkage service and its Of_Update() function were
> > > also disabled for testing and updates done through
> > > code calling stored procedures and the crash has been
> > > traced down to the ResetUpdate() function of the
> > Detail DW. >
> > > The PBDebug file states crash occurs calling PB system
> > > DLL to reset flags. I have never seen this happen
> > > before and wondering if anyone has any pointers?
0
Kyriacos

Dr. Watson crash with Powerbuilder 7.01 when maintaining datawindows
This has been very frustrating. Whenever I attempt to "click" on a column in a dataobject, Dr. Watson appears with an access violation (0XC0000005) at address 0X108498A6. I can't move a column or attempt to change its edit style. I have installed PowerBuilder 7.0 and the maintenance release 7.01 at least 3 times in an attempt to correct this behavior but I am having no success. Please help! Thanks in advance.. Is it always the same datawindow? If yes, you might get lucky and it may only need to be regenerated. If you're not feeling lucky, it might be making...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1 crashes when datawindow SQL calls stored procedures
We use PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on MS Windows XP Professional, Intel Pentium III 900 MHz, 256 MB RAM, 29 GB free disk space, with Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle 8.7.1. We installed the 9.0.1 patch on Sept. 9. On the surface, all looked fine. On Sept. 10, we had to change a query behind a datawindow, and PB would keep crashing and shutting down everytime we tried to open the SQL view (syntax mode). It turns out that that datawindow is not the only one that has that problem. Almost all our other datawindows suffers from the same problem. In particular, the problem almost always hits...

Powerbuilder crash
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4153bf42 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello all, We habe a Powerbuilder 9 application (build 5507) that crashes on a certain Windows XP machine at a costumer. This is repeatable. This is a part of the Dr. Watson - file: Errornumber: c0000005 *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for C:\sw\our_application\runtime\PBVM90.dll *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\sw\our_application\runtime\PBVM90.dll - Funktion...

Calling wininet functions in Powerbuilder 9
Hi everybody! I want to download a file from an URL using local external functions within wininet.dll. ( I must use this dll because the application is working on different OS from windows 98 til windows XP ) I used to do it with a FTP connection. Now I want to use HTTP instead of FTP. First question : Is it possible? If yes, wich function within the dll should I call to download the file on my hard disk? If anybody has an example..... best regards Steph ...

How to identify a Dr. Watson From a Powerbuilder Application
Is there any way that you can come to know that a Powerbuilder application has encountered a Dr. Watson? I have a code sequence in the Systemerror event of the application object but that does not seem to pick up in some cases. It might be possible that such case are some kind of extreme conditions when Powerbuilder run-time is unable to return control to the systemerror event. Is it possible to handle such a situation from within the same application? Thanks, Ajay. Operating system level errors (invalid page fault, stack fault, etc.) aren't trappable by the applicatio...

Dr.Watson under Multithreaded Powerbuilder application.
When a Service Server, on a tree-tier model, is connected to Sybase 11.0.1 it stays very unstable. Dr. Watson away appears when multiple connections are done at the same time. Is there a reason for that ? The error does not occur when a connection is made to a MS SQL Server v.6.0. I have already installed the PB FIX 5.0.02. TIA ...

Powerbuilder crash when calling API function Openfile()
lul_Handle = gu_ext.OpenFile(ls_file, lstr_FileInfo, 2) To get the handle of the file I use command above... Most of the time, the first time I run the script it works, the second time I get a powerbuilder crash... Anyone any idea? The function is declared in the user object gu_ext Function ulong OpenFile (ref string filename, ref s_fileopeninfo of_struct, ulong action) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL" Any ideas? Thanks Don't forget to free the handle afterwards with Private Function Long CloseHandle(Long hObject) Library "kernel32" CloseHandle(lul_Hand...

Problem when calling GroupCalc() function in PowerBuilder 9.0
Hi All, I am doing a migration from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 9.0 and I am facing a problem with one of my report datawindows. This particular report has three groups. Group 1 uses, let's say, a field called 'Currency', Group 2 uses 'Business Unit', Group 3 uses 'Location'. And lets say we are calculating total sales for each Location. The sort order is Currency Desc, Business Unit Asc, Location Asc. Group 3 has a group sort which is defined as Count(Location for Group 3) When I retrieve the report, in PowerBuilder 9.0, the sort order of Gro...

Problem when calling GroupCalc() function in PowerBuilder 9.0
Hi All, I am doing a migration from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 9.0 and I am facing a problem with one of my report datawindows. This particular report has three groups. Group 1 uses, let's say, a field called 'Currency', Group 2 uses 'Business Unit', Group 3 uses 'Location'. And lets say we are calculating total sales for each Location. The sort order is Currency Desc, Business Unit Asc, Location Asc. Group 3 has a group sort which is defined as Count(Location for Group 3) When I retrieve the report, in PowerBuilder 9.0, the sort order of Gro...

Problem with importstring datawindow function in PowerBuilder 9.0.1
Hi, I have some problem when I try to use the importstring function of a datawindow and the data imported have special characters like "=d1" or "=e1,=e9,=ed,=f3,=fa". Exist an EBF to solve this prolem? I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 build 6533 Thanks! Can you elaborate on the problem faced? Whats the import type used for importstring? whats the return value of the function call? Is the input string comma separate or tab separated ? Make sure For TXT and CSV files, the format of the string is the same as if the data came from an ASCII file, and each line ...

Does PowerBuilder 9.0 support SetDataColor() function call for nested reports?
Hi, I got an answer saying that in v11.0 or v11.5, it is possible to change the color of a bar in a bar graph of nested report, using SetDataColor() function call. Is that also possible for version 9? ...

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

Web resources about - Dr. Watson Application Crash For PowerBuilder 9 on ResetUpdate() function call - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles