Disabling Drop-Down datawindow columns on a row-by-row basis

Here is what I want to accomplish:

I have a datawindow that contains two columns - the first is a drop-down
datawindow (display column: description, data column: code) and the second
is a simple edit.  This datawindow will display records currently available
for a specific person and will allow inserts to be made and updates to be
made on existing rows - for the second column only.  This means that I want
the drop down datawindows to only function when doing an insert - for those
rows that already exist, or those that exist after an update is issued, I
want the drop-down capability turned off.  Is there any way to accomplish
this?

Thanks,
Charles Sustek
csustek@acep.org

0
Charles

IF (IsRowNew (),0,1) in protect expression for the column

Charles Sustek wrote in message ...
>Here is what I want to accomplish:
>
>I have a datawindow that contains two columns - the first is a drop-down
>datawindow (display column: description, data column: code) and the second
>is a simple edit.  This datawindow will display records currently available
>for a specific person and will allow inserts to be made and updates to be
>made on existing rows - for the second column only.  This means that I want
>the drop down datawindows to only function when doing an insert - for those
>rows that already exist, or those that exist after an update is issued, I
>want the drop-down capability turned off.  Is there any way to accomplish
>this?
>
>Thanks,
>Charles Sustek
>csustek@acep.org

0
Jerry

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

detect row/column clicked in drop down datawindow
Hello, Is it possible to detect the row and column clicked in a dropdown datawindow ? either with a right or left click? I am using PB11.1. Thanks in advance. Dave P http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=697639&page=53 See the solution posted by wssmall73 on the page should provide you with an approach You'll implement the 1281 or 2314 Yakov eLearnIT On 9/17/2010 8:38 AM, Dave P wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to detect the row and column clicked in a > dropdown datawindow ? either with a right or left click? > > I am using ...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

'disabling' rows in a datawindow based on column value
I have a datawindow in which I wish to prevent edits of rows with a status = 'cmplt'. I would like the row to be 'grayed out' and inaccessible to the user (I don't want to wait until after they have changed the row to warn them that it is not allowed). where would I put the code, and what is the relevant function or property to get the 'disabled' behavior? tia You will have to set up an 'if' condition on various attributes (protect, border, background.color) on the expressions tab for each column in the row. This 'if' condition will ...

How can i make datawindows append a row when the user presses tab on the last column n row?
Hi! I want a datawindow to append a row when the focus is on the final column and row and the user presses tab. I even tried to capture this user-action in several special-events but i couldn't make it. You can use user-defined event. Event ID is pbm_keydown. In this event, you write some code to test if the user pressed the Tab key and test whether the current position is in the Last row & last column. If so, use insertrow to append a new row in the datawindow. I ever use the user-defined event to accomplish the similar function. But I want the user press Enter key inst...

datawindow rows as columns
Hi I am creating a datawindow based on a table having three columns The structure i want is as follows | column2 ---------------------- column1 | column3 Is this possible ? regards husain Sure. Widen the detail band, drag the columns where you want them. "husain" <husain@sasi.com> wrote in message news:38D55B40.86BA96A8@sasi.com... Hi I am creating a datawindow based on a table having three columns The structure i want is as follows | column2 ---------------------- column1 | column3 Is th...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Scroll row by row in a datawindow control
Hi. I have a tabular datawindow object with one group and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not visible. when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow control scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this? thank you in advanced You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is contents of the detail band. Igor "Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message news:943886BF87C590640077873785256A65.0077874785256A65@webforums.....

Hide column data on a row by row basis. How?
I'm sure there is a way to hide/show data of column on a row by row basis. I've done the following for the admin users, but it displays the whole column. GridView1.Columns[1].Visible = true; Let's say I have the following GridView: Listing Address Sale Price End Date Tuscany Village SW I-29 169 Hwy   12/31/2007 Plaza Corporate Center 800 W 47th St   12/31/2007 Ward Parkway Plaza 1414 W 85th St   03/12/2007 Pinnacle Corporate Centre II 11460 Tomahawk Creek Pky   03/12/2007 Corporate Medical Plaza 10777 Nall Ave   03/26/2007...

Datawindow row highlight problem after row 32767
Is there a fix in the works for the datawindow row select problem? This is the problem where if more than 32767 rows brought back in a datawindow, all rows are automatically highlighted even if the user clicks on a single row. (starting at row 32768) We were using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 but PB 8.0.2 Build 9601 still has the same problem. Is there a work around besides limiting the number of rows retrieved? Thanks! Please forgive a basic question and GUI questions about that many rows presented to the user aside... Is this a homegrown highlighting code base and are you potent...

Web resources about - Disabling Drop-Down datawindow columns on a row-by-row basis - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo