Describe/Modify Height Expression of Computed Field

How can I modify the height expression of a computed field
on a grid datawindow (and then set it back) at runtime?  The
height is set to the height of all the columns on the grid
(64), with rowheight() as the expression.

When the datawindow is saved in HTMLTable format (as part of
our routine to open the datawindow in Excel), this height
expression results in a blank row between datawindow rows.
Using Describe gets only the height value, not the
expression.

Is there a way to get the height (including the expression),
remove the expression (then save in HTMLTable format), then
reset the expression as it was originally?  Thanks in
advance.
0
Seth

One way to get what you need is to have a separate DW which shares data with
your current DW. In the second DW you'd set all the properties specifically
so that the HTMLTable will be generated the way you want. Use the second one
to generate the HTMLTable. The second DW would typically be hidden from the
user.

Regards,
John

<Seth Katz> wrote in message news:49ed682f.20f7.1681692777@sybase.com...
> How can I modify the height expression of a computed field
> on a grid datawindow (and then set it back) at runtime?  The
> height is set to the height of all the columns on the grid
> (64), with rowheight() as the expression.
>
> When the datawindow is saved in HTMLTable format (as part of
> our routine to open the datawindow in Excel), this height
> expression results in a blank row between datawindow rows.
> Using Describe gets only the height value, not the
> expression.
>
> Is there a way to get the height (including the expression),
> remove the expression (then save in HTMLTable format), then
> reset the expression as it was originally?  Thanks in
> advance.

0
John

Modifying Computed field Expression
Hello, We have a software package that we use in our business, where we have some control over customizations to the program. We don't have access to window objects, but we have access to certain datawindows and global functions. One global function runs when a window refreshes. The function contains a choose case statement to determine which window is opening. It then runs the script for that window. I have a computed field on a datawindow that just has an Expression of 0. I want to be able to have the Expression for the computed field get modified through this fun...

datawindow describe and computed fields
Hello, li_max = Integer(dw.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count) for li_col = 1 to li_max ls_colname = dw.describe("#" + String(li_col) + ".Name") next The above snippet of code yields the fields in a datawindow, but does not list computed columns. How do I get computed columns to be listed using the describe statement? -- Mark Schupay Look at dw_1.describe("datawindow.objects") "Mark Schupay" <ssd@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:B7J4rRcvCHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > li_max = Integer(dw.Objec...

modify expressions in computed fields ?
Can i modify expressions in computed fields depends on the value in a column like other properties like color (exam: text.Color='0~t If (formel_id =1 ,255,0)' )?? thats my test_modstring: c_test.Expression='0~tIf(formel_id =1 ,1+1,0)' i have only Syntax error at the last column. Thank you very much! Sure you can. Off hand your syntax looks ok. Replace "forme1_id" with a constant and see if it accepts the syntax: '0~tIf(1=1 ,1+1,0)' First get it working in the DW painter. Then copy that syntax out and use it in your modify. Regards, John ...

How to Modify computed field expression on Runtime?
Hello, I've a computed field with the Expression='No. '+String(getrow()). My question is with dw1.Modify(compute1 + ".Expression='No. '+String(getrow())") how can we put the quotes in the correct syntax. I always get an syntax error. Thanks, Miguel Have you tried: <DW Control Name>.Modify("<ComputedFieldname>.Expression='<expression>'") Maybe i didn't explained myself. The problem was the quotes when you want to do something like this: dw1.Modify("compute_01.Expression='~~'Register ~~&...

Modify () to Change String Expression For computed Fields.
I am trying to change the expression for a computed field using Modify (). It works fine if I change it to a numeric expression but if I change it to String expression, it fails. Probably the syntax I am using to define the Modify string is wrong. String ls_Modify Integer li_Number ls_Modify = "cf_test.Expression = 'A" + String (li_Number) + "'" dw_1.Modify (ls_Modify) This results in an error. Remember that in ls_Modify = "cf_test.Expression = 'A" + String (li_Number) + "'&qu...

Datawindow Expression/Describe/Modify Builder (auto-tilde)
How about a way of simplifying the usage of those angry little gnomes we know as tildes. Maybe I just have a mental block but for the number of years I've been using PB, I *should* be able to code an expression with them without a problem. However, it's like I know where they should go but I don't think I've ever been able to figure-out exactly how many I need before a string delimiter when doing something complex (like nesting inside an Evaluate() or Describe()) on the first shot. Backward compatibility dictates we use them the same way we used them in the past but ...

computed field of a computed field
Hello, I made nice datawindow with some aggregate functions to calculate a certain value at a group level. Now I want a grand total which gives me the sum of these values. Unfortunately this does not seem to be possible. So, when I have a computed field which is round (sum(file_field),0) located in the trailer band, I need a grand total of this field in the summary band. Does anyone know how to solve this ? Philip. Philip@acom.be (Belgium) Philip, in the group , you must have created a computed field having expression sum ( file_field ) for group 1 In the summery, y...

computed field height in datawindow's detail band gets truncated
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01C167A1.D910B170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All - I have a computed field in a datawindow report which is a function that = lists the names of guests for an invitee in an Event. I have set Autosize Height property for the the computed field and the = detail band. For some reason the last guest name in the list gets truncated. I use Powerbuilder 7.0.3 version.=20 Earlier, someone on this forum suggested to minimize as much...

computed field expression
I have this statement but it is not producing the desired results. I have 2 computed fields that are supposed to get the total amount for cash and the total for credit. compute_1: If( payment_payment_form <> 'cash', sum( payment_amount for all),0) compute_2: If ( payment_payment_form ='cash, sum( payment_amount for all),0) Obviously this aboue just produces the total for both cash and credit. I can't get the syntax right but I need something like; If ( payment_payment_form ='cash, sum( payment_amount for all) where payment_form = cash,0) Any ideas?...

Datawindow Describe / Modify.
I have 2 columns col-1, col-2 and 5 rows in a datawindow and I want the attributes of col-1 to change when the user clicks on it. Also, col-1 has 0 taborder. For instance, when user clickes on the col-1 in the 3 row, I want its color to change only in the third row. When I try to change the color, it changes for that col-1 but in all 5 rows. In short, can I use describe() and modify() for a particular row and column ? Thanks. Kailash -- This same topic was covered just recently in another threa...

Computed field expression: AND or OR
Hi all, Just had a strange problem. In a computed field expression I placed following statement: (Value of prc_discount = 0 ) - IF( NOT IsNull( prc_discount ) AND prc_discount <> 0, 'Show text', '' ) --> Result = 'Show text' Now by changing the expression to: - IF( IsNull( prc_discount ) OR prc_discount = 0, '', 'Show text' ) --> Result = '' Can someone explain this behaviour, because I'm totally lost. (PB 8.0.1 Build 9056 on a W2K workstation) TIA, PascalB Hi Pascal, just a shot in the dark: ...

Modify with datawindow expression
This doesn't seem to work. I've done a Describe to get the syntax of the expression I have for the width of a column and am trying to set new values into the string and modify the column. I get "incorrect syntax". Here's my string returned from the Describe: "837 if(sales_ind = 'Y',709, 837)" And here is my modified string: s_width_string = "~'0~tif(sales_ind = ~'Y~',"+string(i_v_w - 128)+", "+string(i_v_w)+")~'" And here's my modify command: s_errors = this.Modify( 'datetime_value.width=...

Modify compute expression
Hi there, i have a problem regarding a computed field that has to reference a field dynamically at runtime. This computed field also has a group on it which forces a pagebreak. Now the problem is that i set the value on the computed field to 0 in the painter, so that no pagebreak occurs. When i wan't to have the pagebreak i try to modify the compute expression field, but nothing happens. The way i do it is as follows: dw_okorapport.Modify("sideskift.Expression=' sortniveau '") or dw_okorapport.Object.sideskift.Expression = " sortniveau " ...

Modify Computed Field
hello, i would like to modify a computed field in a datawindow who is in the footer band. When i try : dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "Page : " + string(il_page) I've the message : Error Accesing external object property expression at line 61 .... Why ?? Thanks ed That code looks OK to me. Are you sure it is a computed field and not a static text? t_ is usually the naming convention for a static text, which does not have an Expression property. <ed> wrote in message news:41fab6db.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com... > hello, > >...

Web resources about - Describe/Modify Height Expression of Computed Field - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Expression (sign language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Signs with two different expressions. The pursed lips and partly closed eyes on the left, and raised lip on the right, are necessary for proper ...

Fighting abuse to protect freedom of expression
We believe that protection from abuse and harassment is a vital part of empowering people to freely express themselves on Twitter. Today, as ...

Campus no longer safe place for freedom of expression says free speech advocate
A group representing free speech in Canada says universities are no longer safe places for free expression, instead shying away from being forums ...

Apple acquires ‘Emotient’ facial expression & emotion detection technology
The Wall Street Journal reports Apple has confirmed it has made an acquisition of artificial intelligence startup Emotient . The cloud-based ...

Turkey setting ‘poor example’ for freedom of expression: Biden
Turkey setting ‘poor example’ for freedom of expression: Biden

Facial Expressions and Tail Expressions
Submitted by: (via Daniel J Farrell ) Tagged: dogs , face , expression , tail , wag Share on Facebook

How One Conservative’s Lost Twitter Badge Spells Trouble For Free Expression
How One Conservative’s Lost Twitter Badge Spells Trouble For Free Expression

Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!
Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!

US: Joe Biden slams Turkey for ‘poor example’ of freedom of expression
US Vice President Joe Biden has criticised Turkey for “setting a poor example” in the region concerning freedom of expression. The damning comments ...

Apple Buys A Startup That May Help It Read Your Facial Expressions
The Emotient software could be used to make Siri more aware of the moods of her human masters. Apple wants its devices to understand the emotional ...