decimal datatype

Hello ,
I am using powerbuilder 7.0 with oracle 8I
I have my datatype in oracle as number 21,3
The problem is as soon as my itemchaged event fires its chages the value
inputted to exponentation .
Also as soon as i convert it into string it turns into expoentation
is the value to large to convert it into string
will i have to use asn external dw
please let me know a way out
Thanks
Nimmay

0
nimmay

Decimal only has 18 digits of precision. Sounds like PB is using Double to
at least store the magnitude, but that cuts you down to 15 digits.  Does
that column really have to be that big?

nimmay wrote in message ...
>Hello ,
>I am using powerbuilder 7.0 with oracle 8I
>I have my datatype in oracle as number 21,3
>The problem is as soon as my itemchaged event fires its chages the value
>inputted to exponentation .
>Also as soon as i convert it into string it turns into expoentation
>is the value to large to convert it into string
>will i have to use asn external dw
>please let me know a way out
>Thanks
>Nimmay

0
Jerry

Decimal Datatype & the Datawindow (PB7)
Hello, I am having a strange problem in a legacy application written in PB. We have a new requirement to store up to 15 digits of precision on currency spot rates. Currently, it was stored as a float in a Syabse ASE 12.5 database. We have converted this to a numeric(30,15) to be able to handle the increase of precision required. Now the old datawindows have to be updated to reflect the new data type. The binding in the datawindow changes from number to decimal(15) when I reselect the columns. All is good so far. Now, when I go to enter a currency in the edit window everythi...

Informix decimal datatypes rounded when fetched into Powerbuilder doubles
We are converting an application from PB6.0 to PB8. When selecting columns of type decimal(16,12) from an informix database into powerbuilder double variables using embedded sql, they are rounded to the nearest integer. Under PB6.0, we didn't have this problem! A possible workaround is to change the variable date types from double to decimal. Nevertheless, we would like to keep the double type, to avoid a lot of code changes (and other problems?). Anybody any ideas? Is this a known bug of the PB8 native informix driver v 9.xx? Thanks in advance! Piet. ...

CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or Decimal
CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or System.Decimal the documentation says System.string while it is mapped to DbType.decimal I need some understanding on this. any help thanks vsv ...

External datawindow with columns of type DECIMAL, number of decimals is not saved!!
Almost a year ago, I've posted this problem. It does not seem to be fix yet. When you create an external datawindow and you create a column of type decimal, you can fill in the number of decimals. That number is not saved. When I reopen the datawindow; the number of decimals is 0. The only workaround I've found is to go change it in the source code of the datawindow Greetings Note that posting a problem in one of the newsgroups will not fix it. Only if you open a case with Sybase it will be fixed. On 9 Nov 2004 01:39:15 -0800, in sybase.public.pocketpo...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow Datatypes
How does a datawindow intrepret the datatype of the columns being selected by the SQL statement? I know you can see the datawindow datatype in the "Rows-->Column Specifications.." selection of the datawindow painter, but I don't know if the userr has any control over this. Since updating my SSQLA from 6.01 to 6.03 it seems that the datawindw is converting database integeres to ulongs. Before doing the update it was converting database integers to longs. This is causing me problems when trying to use ShareData in the application. Can anybody tell me if or how I can get...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

PowerBuilder Datatype
Does any one know what is the corresponding data type for a data defined as PIC s9(5) comp-3 in COBOL. I need to know to use it for passing a parameter to a Cobol procedure? Thanks. Siva There is no packed data type in PB. Unless your middleware does the conversion when it demarshals the arguments, you will need to make a version of the procedure with a different numeric data type. Sivasailam Sankara wrote in message ... >Does any one know what is the corresponding data type for a data defined as >PIC s9(5) comp-3 in COBOL. I need to know to use it for passing a p...

Decimal conversion error. Powerbuilder only supports 18 decimal digits
Hi, When connecting to my database and trying to get result from a table, I get this error. What does it mean ? Hi Dave; Newer version of PB support 28 digits for a decimal column. Can you tell us .... 1) PB version you are using 2) DBMS version that you are using. 3) Connectivity mechanism 4) Table column's datatype that you are trying to access. 5) DataWindow's column data type for the error. etc -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <Dave> wrote in message news:4acdda9f.79ff.1681692777@sybase.com... &g...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Decimal Datatype
 How can i use decimal datatype for the following validation while creating table:i want user to insert upto 3 digits before "." and  2 digits after "."for example it should allow 123.23but should not allow 1234.345 . Please suggest.... DECIMAL(3, 2)  Whem i use decimal(3,2) its showing the following errorMsg 8115, Level 16, State 8, Line 1Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.The statement has been terminated.  how about -     numeric(3,2)  how about using mid function mid(text1.t...

"Decimal Conversion Error: PowerBuilder supports only 18 decimal digits
Hi PB 10.5 brings me this error . WHY ? but comes in IDE and not in executable ... I do not understand what is happening .... Is it a migration issue .. My earlier source was in PB10.0 and there is no error . Where we have DisableUnicode=1 option ?? -- Regards Van Note: PB 10.5 supports 28 digit decimal numbers. Where do you get this error message - Oracle DBMS? "Van" <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:456bf69a@forums-1-dub... > Hi > PB 10.5 brings me this error . WHY ? but comes in IDE and not in executable > .. I do not u...

Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits.
Hi, when I run a crosstabular report, I get the following error: Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits. I am not using any NUMBER columns that have more than 19 digits. I am however using the TIMESTAMP Oracle datatype. Sometimes, I don't get the error but PB crashes instead. I have PB 10.2.1 Build 9004. I also have over 350 datawindows in my project. Does that have anything to do with it? Thanks, Joelle >Sorry I meant more than 18 Hi, > when I run a crosstabular report, I get the following > error: Select err...

Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits.
--------------BAF4191ECA9443C722ED4CAD Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit With any table with a NUMBER column comes the following message: Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits. DB: IBM OS 390 with Oracle 8.0.4.3.1 PB: 7.0 Build DB Profile: SQLCA.DBMS = "O84 ORACLE 8.0.4" SQLCA.LogPass = <*******> SQLCA.ServerName = pppfs31 SQLCA.LogId = system SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "" Please help ! Thanks. Rico Obrist --------------BAF4191EC...

Web resources about - decimal datatype - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Datatype generic programming in Scala
... level fixpoints and how it can be used to define generic abstractions like catamorphism and anamorphism . These are used extensively in datatype ...

Sabbatical week day 3: Raining datatypes
... 2: I fail at Octave (swizec.com) Learning me a Haskell (swizec.com) Non-Sabbatical (ringingtrue.net) How to insert a file to an Image datatype ...

Integer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) are formed by the natural numbers (including 0) ( 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , ...) together with the negatives of the non-zero natural numbers ( −1 , −2, ...

CHARITY - Home Page
Charity is a categorical programming language currently beingdeveloped by The Charity Development Group in The Department of Computer Science ...

Adobe Director 11.5: Upgrade details
Accessibility Adobe Products Acrobat Creative Cloud Creative Suite Digital Marketing Suite Digital Publishing Suite Elements Photoshop Touch ...

Anzo Express - Cambridge Semantics
Semantic collaboration platform providing secure data integration, collaboration, and reporting in Microsoft Excel and on the Web.

Betting the Company on Windows 8
... and create something far less expensive than a PC which is powerful enough for Web browsing. This new platform would optimize for the datatypes ...

Q&A: SQL Date format for credit card - TechRepublic
Hi There, I am very new to MySQL and am creating a database for online payments etc. What datatype do I need to use for the credit card expiry ...

Data types - DBMS 2 : DataBase Management System Services
Analysis of data management technology optimized for specific datatypes, such as text, geospatial, object, RDF, or XML. Related subjects include: ...

Functional Programming with Python – Part 1
... instances wherein any modifications to the string result in a new String instance being created. Imagine the same happening to all the datatypes ...