DDDW Not Retrieving correctly

I have many DDDW's in my application that all function correctly but one.
The DDDW has over 200 rows in it.  When I run the application and add a new
row to the parent DW, this DDDW only retrieves one (1) row which matches
the initial value for the data column.  Upon selecting this one row,
suddenly the entire DDDW is populated.  I need this DDDW to retrieve just
as all other do.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I may fix this problem?

THX.
0
TMurphy

I have not seen this kind of DDDW behavior. Have you tried getting a handle
to the child DW and performing a Retrieve ( ) on it before inserting a row
into the parent DW ? You shouldn't need to do that, but I was just wondering
if it would be a workaround for now.

I was thinking about a few possibilities. If your DDDW was saved with data,
then it should never load the complete set of data. Another possibility is
that a filter has been set on the DDDW. If so, what could be causing the
filter to be removed ?

Have you tried this DDDW on different windows ? How about testing the parent
DW in the DW painter ? Is the result always the same ?

HTH

Sanjiv Das [TeamPS]

TMurphy/JMauch wrote in message <01bd074b$4e047ae0$01000001@teresam>...
>I have many DDDW's in my application that all function correctly but one.
>The DDDW has over 200 rows in it.  When I run the application and add a new
>row to the parent DW, this DDDW only retrieves one (1) row which matches
>the initial value for the data column.  Upon selecting this one row,
>suddenly the entire DDDW is populated.  I need this DDDW to retrieve just
>as all other do.
>
>Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I may fix this problem?
>
>THX.

0
Sanjiv

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

how to retrieve dddw (datawindow child) at run time
Hi Jerry, I've managed to specify filtervalue column datawindow to dddw_customer using your suggestion. dddw_customer has a retrieval argument "company_id" that will perform select * from customer where company_id = :ll_coid the following code has been added to pfc_populateddw("filtervalue", ldwc) : ---> Return adwc_obj.Retrieve(gnv_app.of_getcompany()) The dialog box that prompts to specify retrieval argument pops out a bit earlier when the program executes: --> dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.name = "dddw_customer" after entering the cor...

Retrieving into Datawindow with dddw's containing arguments.
Hi. I have a datawindow that contains two DDDW's. The first DDDW is for choosing the office. The second DDDW is for choosing the person who works for the office. This DDDW has an argument of office_id. It is the "Person-Office" field that is actually updated, however this field is not visual and is manually set when the person is selected. The datawindow itself also contains an argument. When the datawindow is first opened, I am performing an insert row, so I am retrieving first into the dddw for person, and then doing an insert row on the datawindow. I have a...

powerbuilder 10 build 8075 datawindow dddw bug.
If the datawindow column type is money and has dddw, I get error message "Expression is invalid". If I replace dot with comma in regional settings, I can solve the problem. I am using Turkish Charset. thanks We also get the same error message when we apply a filter that has a dash '-' in the expression (using setFilter()). We went back to 8050. Larry "Murat Yelkovan" <muratyelkovan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:43181629$1@forums-2-dub... > If the datawindow column type is money and has dddw, I get error message > "Expressi...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve is unusually slow. What's wrong?
We are using powerbuilder with Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. An issue we are having is that datawindows that have records 10000+ slow down almost exponentially during a retrieve the higher amount of records there is. A 40000 record datawindow should not take 5-10 minutes to retrieve on a 1ghz machine. Have any of you experienced a similar problem? Please let me know any suggestions you have. Please email me at johnowens50@hotmail.com John Owens johnowens50@hotmail.com Two possibilities: 1) your computer is memory-starved. Is the paging rate going up as the retrieval progre...

Web Datawindow & DDDW's with Retrieval Arguments
For anyone that is interested, this can be accomplished with the following. 1) Customize the HTMLGenerator component to add a method to load the dddw's before retrieving. 2) Use the SelfLink & SelfLinkArguments on the datawindow object 3) Set syntax to set the SelfLinkArguments is not simple, so beware! There will be a future article on how to implement this appearing on the SDN. -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.ctpartners.com/asp/iowa.asp Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com ...

Error in datawindow when retrieve with retrieval arguments
Hi, I have a Table and a View created from that proxy table with certain criteria.. i have created a datawindow by joining the table and view... when i pass the retrieval arguments, it is showing an error as follows... Select error: SQLSTATE = 07002 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Not enough values for host variables if u r executing the same SQL in ISQL it is working fine... Please help thanks in advance... Danny Hi Danny Which PB version and ASA are you using? I have used retrieval arguments with no problem in datawindow with table and views Ch...

Web DataWindow Retrieve fails with retrieval arguments?
I am new to datawindow .net. In dwn0250releasebulletin.pdf, I find a list of known problems of datawindow.net 2.5 including "Web DataWindow Retrieve fails with retrieval arguments": When there are retrieval arguments, the Web DataWindow client-side Retrieve method returns -1 and fails to retrieve data. [CR 382988]. Has it been solved? Thanks. Vetacs ...

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

Dddw and retrieve
Hi everyone, I have a problem retrieving a record. Here's my scenario: I have a DW that has a dddw on the key column (employee id). When I select an emp. ID from the dddw, it displays the right info in the remaining entries. Outside the DW I have 4 picture buttons from retrieving the records in the DW (first, previous, next and last). My problem is right there - when I use these buttons it does not display the employee info although it goes through the table (I see this in the debugger). Any ideas? Thanks, Marina In article <364C6101.2F38F5DF@bellatlantic.net...

datawindow.retrieve()
Hi, is there any possibility to find out, why datawindow.retrieve() returns -1 ? We don't get any error event (namely dberror and error). That datawindow is based on the MS SQL stored procedure, but this procedure is not proceeded (we checked it in the MS SQL Trace). We tried to call this procedure directly in the same script like datawindow.Retreive() using the same transaction object and also in the painter of the datawindow and it was OK. Thank's for your attention. Jakub Maxa (jakubm@empire.cz) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------D61B...

Datawindow Retrieves
Does anyone no of a size limit to a retrieve i.e. 32k say. I'm running win95 and win2k workstations NT servers running Oracle 8.1.7 DB PB 7.03 Thanks in advance -- You are limited to the resources available on the client machine. Are you having problems? "Chris" <cisaksen@mail.nysed.gov> wrote in message news:77dZrANCCHA.81@forums.sybase.com... > Does anyone no of a size limit to a retrieve i.e. 32k say. > > I'm running win95 and win2k workstations > NT servers running Oracle 8.1.7 DB > > PB 7.03 > > Thanks i...

Web resources about - DDDW Not Retrieving correctly - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Mother of three killed landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving her son's shirt
A mother of three has been found guilty of killing her landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving a red polo shirt her son needed for school ...

Retrieving bodies a 'horrifying' experience (01:43)
Anti-jump measures on the Story Bridge should be "fast tracked" and water police funding increased so CityCats don't have to pick up bodies. ...

Man drowns retrieving toy boat
A man has drowned after entering the Wimmera River at Horsham to retrieve a remote-controlled boat.

Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains
Telegraph.co.uk Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains The Australian THE Australian Federal Police have warned that ...

Search underway for man swept away in Brisbane River while retrieving toy boat
A search is underway for a man swept away in the Brisbane River while retrieving a toy boat.

DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains
DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains People's Daily Online PYONGYANG, Oct. 13 The Democratic People's Republic ...

Father killed retrieving Christmas gifts from broken-down car
Richard Perrin, 57, was struck and killed by another driver early Saturday along Hwy 170 in Roanoke.

Yankee retrieving a big Canada in a Manitoba hayfield
Yankee retrieving a big Canada in a Manitoba hayfield

iPhone dev: Retrieving user phone numbers
... a secret to recovering user phone numbers that does not involve the … One of the most common questions I get these days has to do with retrieving ...

Girl stuck in Dover storm drain retrieving phone
A teenage girl gets stuck in a storm drain in Dover while trying to retrieve her mobile phone which had fallen into it.