date is 01/01/1900

I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I
am connect through SNC
I have code like::-

ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy
date ldt_date
ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it
means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I
change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could
any one help me

thanks
0
finestraco

I just answered this question in the general section. Please don't
crosspost  - answers are more useful if the discussion is all in one place.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 12/28/2010 6:46 AM, finestraco wrote:
> I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I
> am connect through SNC
> I have code like::-
>
> ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy
> date ldt_date
> ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it
> means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I
> change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could
> any one help me
>
> thanks
0
Jerry
12/28/2010 12:13:54 PM
Hi;

FWIW: Always use ANSI date format .... YYYY-MM-DD in PB and your SQL to
avoid problems like this.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"finestraco" wrote in message news:4d19ce24.7f22.1681692777@sybase.com...

I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I
am connect through SNC
I have code like::-

ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy
date ldt_date
ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it
means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I
change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could
any one help me

thanks

0
Chris

Default Date 01/01/1900 ro current date
Is there a way to change the PB default date of 01/10/1900? Is it a built-in setup or is there a setting I can change to make it use the current date instead of 10/10/1900? Thanks for your help! No. I believe PB uses an "epoch" integer for internal date storage, and 01-jan-1900 is what 0 translates to. You're just going to have to initialize ate variables as needed. <Anna> wrote in message news:4238932b.391a.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a way to change the PB default date of 01/10/1900? > Is it a built-in setup or is there a setting I can change t...

1900/01/01 date issue
Hi, I have two date fields(date1 and date2) on a dw, both with editmasks in yyyy/mm/dd format. When the user enters 0000/00/00 in the first date field (date1), debugger shows date1's value as 1900/01/01 - the default value for invalid dates as I understand. The application has processing in the itemchanged event of this dw to SetNull date2 if date1 = 1900/01/01 and if not, do some processing and display a new date in date2. Is there a standard work around to allow the user to enter 1900/01/01 in date1, check for invalid dates, and still allow normal processing (perform the ca...

Hide 1900-01-01 date in GridView
I use a Calendar in a GridView. I found the Calendar does not like the NULL from the database so I replaced NULL by SqlDateTime.Null which is actually the date 1900-01-01. So now I see 1900-01-01 in the GridView. How could I replace 1900-01-01 by nothing in the GridView ? Hi Guy,  I have done something similar with the following code using the pre render event for the grid view:   Protected Sub GridView1_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles GridView1.PreRender For Each r As GridViewRow In GridView1.Rows If r.Cells(<da...

Date function return 1900/01/01
I have a datetime column. I want to get it value and compare to another datetime column. Here is my script in itemchanged datetime ldt_source, ldt_target string ls_date ls_date = gettext() ====> return 2002/10/16 00:00:00 ldt_source = date(ls_date) ====> return 1900/01/01 How do I convert a string to date, ref to help. It is using date(). But it return 1900/01/01 It's strange that you don't get a compile error. ldt_source is datetime In that case you should do something like: ldt_source = Datetime(Date(ls_date)) What you can always do is strip of the t...

Updating database date field results in date value of "01/01/1900"
Brand new to this, so please bear with me.I'm using the following code fragment to update a datetime field on a SQL Server 2005 database table:cmd.CommandText = "Update Projects Set EntryDate = " & Convert.ToDateTime(txtEntryDate.Text)cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()The result of the update operation is the the database field contains the value "1900-01-01 00:00:00:000".  This probably means that I passed nulls to SQL; however, I see a valid date in the txtEntryDate field on my web form (i.e., "06/18/2007").  I also did a "Response.write" t...

Convert 01-01-1900 Date string value to NULL
Hi   I have a number of Textboxs on a Formview.   The Textboxs contains Date values.   When I update these dates are saved to SQL Default 1/1/1900.   I know I have to Convert Date string value to NULL before UPDATE query is executed Or write a trigger to replace 1/1/1900 values to null   I cannot find a way of converting Date back to NULL.   Also, I have only written very simple triggers.   Could anyone help me on to how to achieve the above?   Thanks in advance.   Using VB 2005/SQL 2005 Have default datetime value i...

Null date textbox returns 01/01/1900 instead of null
VS 2005, SQL Server 2000 For the following textbox, if the textbox is blank when I do an update, it returns 01/01/00 (which is 01/01/1900).  Is there a way to prevent it from entering a value when it should be null, or do I need to do a check in the Updating event? <asp:TextBox ID="ResolvedDate" Text='<% #Bind("ResolvedDate","{0:MM/dd/yy}")%>'  runat="server" ></asp:TextBox>   I'm a little confused... Do you mean, when the page loads, the textbox has 01/01/1900... OR do you mean, when the page post...

EditMask Style on DateTime (Oracle) Field Yields 01/01/1900 Date
I am running PB7 over an Oracle 7.3 database. I have set the EditMask style on my datetime fields to 'MM/DD/YYYY', have set a Format (Display) of 'MM/DD/YYYY,' and have set the 'Use Format' property on the Edit property tab. Everything works beautifully until I erase an entered value from the field by highlighting and pressing the Delete key. When I tab off the field, the date '01/01/1900' populates the field. From the on-line help, I have found that 01/01/1900 displays when there is an error in a date function--when an incorrect format is used. Wh...

Strange empty mail dated 1970-01-01 01:00
Hello In my Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 sometimes appears empty mails dated 1970-01-01. I can only delete them by rebuilding folder index. I created new profile but problem stayed. Could someone help. Best regards Slawek Poland __________ Informacja programu ESET NOD32 Antivirus, wersja bazy sygnatur wirusow 4465 (20090928) __________ Wiadomosc zostala sprawdzona przez program ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.pl lub http://www.eset.com Slawek wrote: > Hello > In my Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 sometimes appears empty mails dated 1970-01-01. I > can only del...

Date being forced to 01/01/2000
On a date/time field, when a back space (or when a zero is keyed in) is used to correct either the day and/or month part of the field, PB forces the date to 01/01/2000. I would like it to be set to zeros instead. The datatype is datetime, format - [shortdate][time] with an editmask mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm I have several of these fields and so what is the best way to do this? ( PB Ver 7.0.2 Build 8011) thanks, madhu ...

Date/Time defaulting to 01/01/00
I am running an application using Powerbuilder 4.0. The user has to enter a birth date. There is an edit mask on the field(00/00/00 00:00). The field is a DATETIME field in the database. If there is not a birth date and the user types in 00/00/00 00:00, the birth date defaults to 01/01/00. How can I get the birth date field to be EITHER 00/00/00 00:00 OR NULL and stop it from defaulting to 01/01/00. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank You, P.J. Borandi pborandi@nb.net ...

Name: kebe Email: alydotndiayeatrocketmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 01 01 1985 Comments: i'm so happy Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - date is 01/01/1900 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of members of the Swiss Federal Council by date - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Swiss Federal Council and the Federal Chancellor as of February 2008. From left to right: Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf , Moritz Leuenberger , ...

Growing Up I Never Had Play Dates, and I Turned Out Fine
The only play dates I’ve ever been on are the ones with my own children. In 2016 America (and the Internet), parental and educator rhetoric profess ...

Oneida released the 'Positions' EP (stream it), announce March tour dates
Brooklyn indie rock shapeshifters Oneida released a new three-song EP, titled, Positions, at the tail end of 2015 featuring frenetic, surging ...

‘I Am Cait’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On E!
E! has slotted 9 PM Sunday, March 6 for the Season 2 premiere of docuseries I Am Cait . The first season followed Caitlyn Jenner as she sought ...

World of Tanks gets a PS4 release date
Fans of large cannons on treads and intractable gameplay will be pleased to know the PS4 version of World of Tanks has a firm release date. Would-be ...

EXCLUSIVE: Kylie Jenner and Tyga Step Out for Date Night Amid Cheating Rumors See the Pics
EXCLUSIVE: Kylie Jenner and Tyga Step Out for Date Night Amid Cheating Rumors See the Pics

Why One Company Sets Employees Up On Blind Dates
... in some companies, but one Toronto-based accounting company, FreshBooks , says it's achieved success by setting up employees on blind dates. ...

No information on Masood Azhar's arrest; Indo-Pak FS-level talks rescheduled, new date soon: MEA
Reacting to the Pakistani media reports about the arrest of Maulana Masood Azhar, the spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Vikas ...

Create the right first impression on your first date
As superficial as it may sound, but looking great on your first date is always important if you want to create the right impression.

Kylie Jenner & Tyga’s Date Night Photos Silence Split Rumors Following Cheating Allegations With Brazilian ...
On-and-off celebrity couple Kylie Jenner and Tyga shut down split rumors after they were spotted having a date together for two days in a row. ...