DataWindow Within DataWindow

How Can I access/modify object/control from a Datawindow within Datawindow.

When i access/modify object/control from a Datawindow i used
dw_1.modify("name.text = 'new val'") but within another datawindow or child
datawindow it doesnt work.

-1
Mark

Your description is difficult to understand due to the terminology.  First,
a datawindow is assigned to a control - either a datawindow control or a
datastore.  Second, the Modify function can only be called within a script.
With that as a basis, can you rephrase the question and describe more
precisely what you want to do?   In particular, where (i.e., in what script
of what object) do you want to execute the modify function and on what does
this function operate?  Perhaps you are dealing with a composite datawindow
or a datawindow with nested datawindows?

"Mark" <pongsware@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How Can I access/modify object/control from a Datawindow within
Datawindow.

> When i access/modify object/control from a Datawindow i used
> dw_1.modify("name.text = 'new val'") but within another datawindow or
child
> datawindow it doesnt work.

-2
Scott

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Drop down datawindow within a datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Please post this question ...

embedding a datawindow within a datawindow
Below is a sample of the format for a report I need to create. The report will display courses that may or may not be part of group, because the people running the courses can choose from all the courses available to create their own "group" of courses. Since a course may or may not be part of a group would using an embedded datawindow for the group info work? How? Can anyone point me in the right direction? The data is coming from two tables. Thanks, Kevin CourseID CourseTitle CourseTopic EnrollMax EnrollCurrent 100145A "Sample" "Sample"...

Drop down datawindow within datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Generally, the steps are: ...

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindows and datawindow objects

datawindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

Web resources about - DataWindow Within DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo