Datawindow SQL Painter crashes sometimes when opening the SQL in PB 9

I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB 9,
Powerbuilder crashes.  It has happened with several windows in an
application that I migrated to Powerbuilder 9.  These datawindows seem to
work fine in the executable application but I can't open the SQL.  I can't
see any common thread in them.  None of them are trying to open in graphics
view.
0
jmoen

What database?

On Fri, 30 May 2003 18:06:01 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
 <jmoen> wrote:
>I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB 9,
>Powerbuilder crashes.  It has happened with several windows in an
>application that I migrated to Powerbuilder 9.  These datawindows seem to
>work fine in the executable application but I can't open the SQL.  I can't
>see any common thread in them.  None of them are trying to open in graphics
>view.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Hurrah!  Google Groups works again!  But remember its only good for searching,
don't post through it.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=powersoft.public.
powerbuilder.*

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
6/3/2003 2:38:04 AM
I have that problem in PB8 with DW's based on Oracle system tables.  I
haven't found a work around except to edit source.

Phil

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:%23OAwpkXKDHA.221@forums-1-dub...
> What database?
>
> On Fri, 30 May 2003 18:06:01 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
>  <jmoen> wrote:
> >I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB
9,
> >Powerbuilder crashes.  It has happened with several windows in an
> >application that I migrated to Powerbuilder 9.  These datawindows seem to
> >work fine in the executable application but I can't open the SQL.  I
can't
> >see any common thread in them.  None of them are trying to open in
graphics
> >view.
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> Hurrah!  Google Groups works again!  But remember its only good for
searching,
> don't post through it.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=powersoft.public.
> powerbuilder.*
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
Phil
6/3/2003 12:17:29 PM
You Might have lost CONNECTION to proper database profile. I have 4 database
profiles and if I forget to connect and try to open a DW same thing happens.

"Phil Kaufman" <philk@dbcsmartsoftware.com> wrote in message
> I have that problem in PB8 with DW's based on Oracle system tables.  I
> haven't found a work around except to edit source.
>
> Phil
>
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote in message news:%23OAwpkXKDHA.221@forums-1-dub...
> > What database?
> >
> > On Fri, 30 May 2003 18:06:01 -0400,
> >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> >  <jmoen> wrote:
> > >I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB
> 9,
> > >Powerbuilder crashes.  It has happened with several windows in an
> > >application that I migrated to Powerbuilder 9.  These datawindows seem
> > >work fine in the executable application but I can't open the SQL.  I
> can't
> > >see any common thread in them.  None of them are trying to open in
> graphics
> > >view.
> >
> > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.teamsybase.com
> >
> > Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > http://www.pb9books.com
> >
> > Hurrah!  Google Groups works again!  But remember its only good for
> searching,
> > don't post through it.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=powersoft.pub
lic.
> > powerbuilder.*
> >
> > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> Assisi
> > http://www.needhim.org

0
WS