Datawindow row highlight problem after row 32767

Is there a fix in the works for the datawindow row select problem? This is
the problem where if more than 32767 rows brought back in a datawindow, all
rows are automatically highlighted even if the user clicks on a single row.
(starting at row 32768) We were using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 but PB 8.0.2 Build
9601 still has the same problem.  Is there a work around besides limiting
the number of rows retrieved?

Thanks!
0
jodessiah

Please forgive a basic question
and GUI questions about that many rows
presented to the user aside...

Is this a homegrown highlighting code base
and are you potentially using a variable declared
as an integer rather than a long?

John Strano
[TeamSybase]

In article <08188F34A86AE6B7005B23A885256C0F.005B23E785256C0F@webforums>,
jodessiah says...
> Is there a fix in the works for the datawindow row select problem? This is
> the problem where if more than 32767 rows brought back in a datawindow, all
> rows are automatically highlighted even if the user clicks on a single row.
> (starting at row 32768) We were using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 but PB 8.0.2 Build
> 9601 still has the same problem.  Is there a work around besides limiting
> the number of rows retrieved?
>
> Thanks!

0
John
8/8/2002 4:25:29 PM
There isn't much code that is homegrown except for this:

long frow
uint keycode

keycode = f_keypressed()

If keycode > 0 AND Trim(displaycol) <> "" Then
        If this.RowCount() > 0 Then
                frow = this.Find("Upper(Left(" + displaycol + ",1)) = '" +
Char(keycode) +"'", 1, this.RowCount())
                If frow > 0 Then
                        this.ScrollToRow(frow)
                End If
        End If
End If

I'm not sure what this does since I didn't write it but it appears to be
using a long for the row.
0
jodessiah
8/8/2002 6:28:34 PM
There is NO rowselection code in the snippet that you posted. Most likely
your rowselection code is in rowfocuschanged event, and it is using integer
versus long arithmetic...
0
Philip_Salgannik
8/8/2002 6:40:50 PM
Thanks guys I found it. It appears that one of the variables was inherited
from an user object's clicked function as an integer and was mislabeled.
Thanks!
0
jodessiah

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

Scroll row by row in a datawindow control
Hi. I have a tabular datawindow object with one group and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not visible. when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow control scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this? thank you in advanced You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is contents of the detail band. Igor "Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message news:943886BF87C590640077873785256A65.0077874785256A65@webforums.....

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Highlighting Rows in an HTML Datawindow
I have an html datawindow on a page. This datawindow has a tab value of 0 for all columns. However, I want the user to be able to multi-select (or extended-select) rows on this datawindow before hitting the 'Delete' button. Once delete is pressed, I want my code to loop through all the selected rows and delete them. Has anyone tried to achieve multi-select in a datawindow, especially when all the tab values are set to 0? Any help is greatly appreciated. Adnan Rafiq I don't think that it is possible to multi-selecting rows in a Web DataWindow. Regards, ...

How to Highlight An Entire Row in A Datawindow
Hi, When a user click a row, I hope the entire row got highlighted, instead of the first column on the row. What should I do? Thank you. Mindy Hi. Take a look at SelectRow() HTH -- Manish Use the Background Color property of a column in an object . Regards Vikas J "Manish" <raichurmanish@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:np4gpaqza0oo.1piyl6pvf5c0d$.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi. > > Take a look at SelectRow() > > HTH > > -- > Manish Thank you. It works. "Manish" <raichurmanish@yahoo.com> wrote i...

Highlight Color for Datawindow Row
Is anybody able to solve this problem? I'd like to highlight a datawindow row with a different color than standard blue-Windows system color. I use PFC, but neighter here and not in some datawindow properties I've found something like that. Maybe some API calling? or some tip I don't know? Hopefully that the BIG POWERSOFT NEWSGROUP can help me. -- Giovanni Pulvirenti Visual Software snc pulvirentig@visualsoftware.it You could try putting a rectangle object over the entire row. You can set it to any color you wish. Then just SendToBack so you can see your column d...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

Nested Datawindow returns the same rows for every master row
I have a SQLSelet datawindow with two nested detail datawindows. Each of the nested datawindows has exactly the same arguments. One of the nested datawindows correctly returns details for each row in the master, but the other always returns the details for the first row. Both nested datawindows return correct results when previewed. Bill Roberts (wrobert2@csc.com) ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have you tried to retrieve the data with retrieval argument? "Bill Roberts" <wrobert2@csc.com> ????...

Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow?
Dear All, Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow? Thanks Joe There is no direct way to make a row read-only, however, setting all the columns to read-only causes the same effect. Three methods, 1. The easiest way is to set the Protect property expression to determine if a column is editable. Do this for all columns. 2. Set the tab order for all columns to 0 in the rowfocuschanged event based if the new current row should be uneditable. You will need to set these back when the row is editable as well. 3. Set the Display...

Web resources about - Datawindow row highlight problem after row 32767 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo