Datawindow Retrieve

Two questions:

1.
After Retrieve is performed on a datawindow, is it possible to prevent the
first row to become the current row? I want the current row to only change
when the user click on a row, and thereby prevent the RowFocusChanged-event
to be fired for each retrieve.

2.
I have a table which changes often and I therby call Retrive often. Is it
possible to prevent the datawindow to be redrawed for each retrieve? Can
this be done by only retrieve some colomns?

I use Power++ and the datawindow builder.

Thanks in advance

Kenneth Herskedal
www.trafsys.no

0
Kenneth

In article <NYIzYfXD#GA.52@forums.powersoft.com>,
kenneth.herskedal@trafNOSPAMsys.no says...
> Two questions:
>
> 1.
> After Retrieve is performed on a datawindow, is it possible to prevent the
> first row to become the current row? I want the current row to only change
> when the user click on a row, and thereby prevent the RowFocusChanged-event
> to be fired for each retrieve.
>
> 2.
> I have a table which changes often and I therby call Retrive often. Is it
> possible to prevent the datawindow to be redrawed for each retrieve? Can
> this be done by only retrieve some colomns?
>
> I use Power++ and the datawindow builder.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Kenneth Herskedal
> www.trafsys.no

1. I think this is the default.
2. You can try setting the SetReDraw(FALSE) to prevent the DW from
refreshing, but how would you get to see the new rows?  You can try to
pool the retrieves into a datastore or another DataWindow, compare the
DS to the DW and discard all but the new rows and then periodically copy
these new rows into your DataWindow...something like that...
--

Andy Turiansky
Team Powersoft
>2. You can try setting the SetReDraw(FALSE) to prevent the DW from
>refreshing, but how would you get to see the new rows?  You can try to
>pool the retrieves into a datastore or another DataWindow, compare the
>DS to the DW and discard all but the new rows and then periodically copy
>these new rows into your DataWindow...something like that...

- SetRedraw() does not exist in Power++.
- Power++ has no notion of a datastore.
These are both PowerBuilder features!

0
Jim
11/11/1998 9:45:27 PM

  - SetRedraw() does not exist in Power++.
  - Power++ has no notion of a datastore.
  These are both PowerBuilder features!
<<

Jim,

I assumed, as apparently did Andy, that the question was related to
PowerBuilder since it is in the PowerBuilder DataWindow newsgroup. I guess I
did not read the original message clearly enough to identify that the
product was Power++ instead of PowerBuilder. I guess Mr. Kenneth Herskedal
posted this message to the PowerBuilder newsgroup by mistake. There is a
separate Power++.DataWindow newsgroup, where he will probably have a better
chance of the message being seen and answered by Power++ DataWindow users.

Sanjiv Das [TeamPS]

Jim Fennacy <JimF@hdcsi.com> wrote in message
Tye5CNbD#GA.217@forums.powersoft.com...
>>2. You can try setting the SetReDraw(FALSE) to prevent the DW from
>>refreshing, but how would you get to see the new rows?  You can try to
>>pool the retrieves into a datastore or another DataWindow, compare the
>>DS to the DW and discard all but the new rows and then periodically copy
>>these new rows into your DataWindow...something like that...
>

>- SetRedraw() does not exist in Power++.
>- Power++ has no notion of a datastore.
>These are both PowerBuilder features!

0
Sanjiv

Web resources about - Datawindow Retrieve - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo