Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash

When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder
crashes.  I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.  It worked fine yesterday, but this
morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes.  I
tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several
different pbls, but no luck.

Any thoughts?

PS  I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade.

Thanks,
Larry


0
Larry
5/2/2001 7:12:26 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 4 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1247 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Delete the registry key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default]
PB will rebuild it.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp

"Larry Stevens" <larry.stevens@thecygnusgroup.com> wrote in message
news:flJ2f7z0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one,
Powerbuilder
> crashes.  I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.  It worked fine yesterday, but
this
> morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes.  I
> tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in
several
> different pbls, but no luck.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> PS  I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade.
>
> Thanks,
> Larry
>
>


0
Terry
5/2/2001 7:18:27 PM
Terry,

Thanks, that did it.  Any reason why it got corrupted?


"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> wrote in message
news:A7mYm9z0AHA.256@forums.sybase.com...
> Delete the registry key
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default]
> PB will rebuild it.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
> Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp
>
> "Larry Stevens" <larry.stevens@thecygnusgroup.com> wrote in message
> news:flJ2f7z0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> > When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one,
> Powerbuilder
> > crashes.  I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.  It worked fine yesterday, but
> this
> > morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes.
I
> > tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in
> several
> > different pbls, but no luck.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > PS  I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Larry
> >
> >
>
>


0
Larry
5/2/2001 7:38:27 PM
It can happen when the system runs low on resources.  It's more likely to
happen on W9x than on NT4/W2K.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp

"Larry Stevens" <larry.stevens@thecygnusgroup.com> wrote in message
news:ii6WCK00AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> Terry,
>
> Thanks, that did it.  Any reason why it got corrupted?
>
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> wrote in message
> news:A7mYm9z0AHA.256@forums.sybase.com...
> > Delete the registry key
> > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default]
> > PB will rebuild it.
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> > MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
> > Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp
> >
> > "Larry Stevens" <larry.stevens@thecygnusgroup.com> wrote in message
> > news:flJ2f7z0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> > > When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one,
> > Powerbuilder
> > > crashes.  I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.  It worked fine yesterday,
but
> > this
> > > morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder
crashes.
> I
> > > tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in
> > several
> > > different pbls, but no luck.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > PS  I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Larry
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Terry
5/2/2001 9:05:44 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Datawindow open causes powerbuilder crash in windows 2000
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layo...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

PowerBuilder 6.5 datawindow causes crash
I need help figuring out how to fix a datawindow that keeps crashing. This is in Power Builder version 6.5.1 retrieving data from a SQL database using a stored procedure. The datawindow has the detail hidden and several summary fields in the headers, main, group 2, and group 1. I have found that if I don't hide the detail records the datawindow doesn't cause a crash. I have applied the maintenance patch for this version. If my rusty memory serves, build 1299 of 6.5.1 was quite stable. Can you be specific about the symptoms of the crash? By "hide" do you mean se...

Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow
I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel, Powerbuilder immediately closes. It may be a crash, but I do not receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is logged in event viewer. It is the only datawindow causing the problem that I've found to this point. Stranger still, the datawindow can be seen from a parent window displaying it with...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

PowerBuilder Crashes on Datawindow Preview
All, We are running into a problem of PB crashing when any dw is opened due to the preview pane being available. We are running PB 10.2.1 Build 9914. The applications run fine in runtime. Only in dev preview do we see the problem. Is there a known resolution to this? Does it have to do with printer drivers? Is there a way to remove the preview pane without opening a datawindow? We've run into this problem before, about a year ago, and had to wipe the box and re-install from scratch since an uninstall and re-install did not work. Any other ideas? Many thanks. I think we&#...

DataWindows crash PowerBuilder executables
I'm using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Build 10047. Are there any .DLL's beside the PBVMxx7.dll that I need in order to use DataWindows? Whenever I try to compile and run an application that has a DataWindow the application will crash right when that DataWindow is being loaded. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you PBDWE70.dll and a few others. See techdoc http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47953 for deployment instructions. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguid...

Crashing when opening a datawindow in Datawindow Designer 1.51
Hi There My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a new or edited datawindow (after selecting the tables in a new datawindow). Its like the PB bug that was related to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a fairly late version but it did not fix it. Do I have to blow away and reload DW.Net and will that fix the problem? Its been working fine up until today.. Cheers Brett Weaver Hi Brett, This sounds like the same issue. Did you try deleting the registry entry? Regards, Dave Fish Sy...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But thi...

DataWindow open causes powerbuildre crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/7.0/Layout/Default/Dat...

Web resources about - Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

PowerBuilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowerBuilder is an integrated development environment owned by Sybase , a division of SAP . It has been in use since 1991, peaking around 1998 ...

Sybase PowerBuilder tool readied for Microsoft's .Net
... Win32 or newer style .Net development After several years of work, Sybase is ready to deliver on the final step in its plan to move PowerBuilder ...

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages
about dmoz - dmoz blog - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Programming/Languages Description Top : Computers : Programming ...

The HP Booth Staff (Goons) Owe Me an Apology
... when you might need to use it. For instance, when I was in the WinRunner world there were plugins for driving terminal emulators and powerbuilder ...

Contact Us - Sybase Inc
Thanks for visiting the 主页 section of Sybase.com. Here you will find information about Contact Us. For more information about Business Intelligence, ...

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
... 我的异常网 » 热门搜索 sdpnet2 移动【A111】其它用户原因鉴权失败,是什么意思啊 http:// 192.168.1.102:22578 本网站服务器位于美国,受美国法律保护 MiniUI js 破解 http://192.168.1.103:8080/ powerbuilder ...

Mobile app security: Always keep the back door locked
The best way to keep mobile apps safe is to secure the services they connect to.

10 Tech Skills That Will Instantly Net You A $100,000+ Salary
... that let's developers run Java applications. Java is highly popular language for writing web apps and custom enterprise apps. No. 8: PowerBuilder ...

Top Ranked Articles
Top Ranked Articles - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 23 Feb 2013

Resources last updated: 12/17/2015 3:03:46 PM