Datawindow not retrieving rows

Hi All
I have an application developed in PB 11.2 & SQL server
2005.
One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of
the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by
retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the
parameters.It has three parameters.
(%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows.
But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get
139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help.
Thaks
Anand
0
Anand

Have you tried setting trace for this application ?
What is return code for retrieve?
Are you sure you have setTrans(Object) called after dataobject is set
and before retrieve call ?
On 2010-05-23 07:55, Anand wrote:
> Hi All
> I have an application developed in PB 11.2&  SQL server
> 2005.
> One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of
> the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by
> retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the
> parameters.It has three parameters.
> (%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows.
> But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get
> 139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help.
> Thaks
> Anand

0
fisher
5/23/2010 6:39:35 AM
What is that first parameter?  Is it a string?  Make sure it's wrapped in
single quotes...

Can you post the query?

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/

<Anand> wrote in message news:4bf8c36d.2819.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi All
> I have an application developed in PB 11.2 & SQL server
> 2005.
> One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of
> the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by
> retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the
> parameters.It has three parameters.
> (%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows.
> But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get
> 139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help.
> Thaks
> Anand

0
Paul
5/23/2010 4:39:11 PM
Another base to cover...

Is this happening when running the application from the IDE
or have you only (so far) expereinced this with the executables?

I'm leading to ask whether it's possible that the DW object
has not been included in the executables?

An error return value from SetTransObject() would also
be another clue toward this possible source of the error.

--
John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
> What is that first parameter?  Is it a string?  Make sure it's wrapped in
> single quotes...
>
> Can you post the query?
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/
>
> <Anand> wrote in message news:4bf8c36d.2819.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi All
>> I have an application developed in PB 11.2 & SQL server
>> 2005.
>> One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of
>> the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by
>> retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the
>> parameters.It has three parameters.
>> (%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows.
>> But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get
>> 139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help.
>> Thaks
>> Anand

0
John
5/24/2010 2:22:38 PM
He says that running the query from the DB painter (and supplying the parms
manually) returns rows.
When he retrieves the DW in the DW painter (within the IDE, not even running
the app), he gets no rows.

--

"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
> Another base to cover...
>
> Is this happening when running the application from the IDE
> or have you only (so far) expereinced this with the executables?
>
> I'm leading to ask whether it's possible that the DW object
> has not been included in the executables?
>
> An error return value from SetTransObject() would also
> be another clue toward this possible source of the error.
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>

> "Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
>> What is that first parameter?  Is it a string?  Make sure it's wrapped in
>> single quotes...
>>
>> Can you post the query?
>>
>> --
>> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>> http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/
>>
>> <Anand> wrote in message news:4bf8c36d.2819.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> Hi All
>>> I have an application developed in PB 11.2 & SQL server
>>> 2005.
>>> One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of
>>> the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by
>>> retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the
>>> parameters.It has three parameters.
>>> (%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows.
>>> But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get
>>> 139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help.
>>> Thaks
>>> Anand

0
Paul
5/24/2010 3:27:24 PM
Thanks Paul.
....should have read more closely.

I agree. If the LIKE predicate is being used,
it's still looking for a string and the wildcard
% should be enclosed in single quotes.

--

> He says that running the query from the DB painter (and supplying the
> parms manually) returns rows.
> When he retrieves the DW in the DW painter (within the IDE, not even
> running the app), he gets no rows.
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/
>
> "John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
>> Another base to cover...
>>
>> Is this happening when running the application from the IDE
>> or have you only (so far) expereinced this with the executables?
>>
>> I'm leading to ask whether it's possible that the DW object
>> has not been included in the executables?
>>
>> An error return value from SetTransObject() would also
>> be another clue toward this possible source of the error.
>>
>> --
>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>

>> "Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
>>> What is that first parameter?  Is it a string?  Make sure it's wrapped
>>> in single quotes...
>>>
>>> Can you post the query?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>>> http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/

0
John

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

datawindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Web resources about - Datawindow not retrieving rows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo