Datawindow multiple select

I am trying to be able to do a multiple select on a datawindow. I have a
list of in the database that i have showing with a datawindow. I want to
delete only a column in that datawindow not the whole row. But I want to
have the ability to select multiple rows to delete that column from and I
cant seem to get a multiple select to work anyway i have tried.

Thanks in advance.

--
Shanster

0
Shanster

Take a look at the SelectRow function.  Use SelectRow (row, TRUE) to
highlight, SelectRow (row, FALSE) to un-highlight, SelectRow (0, TRUE)
to highlight all rows, SelectRow (0, FALSE) to un-highlight all rows.

In the clicked event of the datawindow, you can add the SelectRow call
to handle highlighting/un-highlighting the clicked row.

If you are using the PFC, use the RowSelect service to handle this for
you.  If you are not using the PFC, but have installed it, take a look
at the RowSelect service (pfc_n_dwsrv_rowselect in pfcdwsrv.pbl) to see
how the PFC implements this.

steve
[TeamSybase]
Shanster wrote:

> I am trying to be able to do a multiple select on a datawindow. I have a
> list of in the database that i have showing with a datawindow. I want to
> delete only a column in that datawindow not the whole row. But I want to
> have the ability to select multiple rows to delete that column from and I
> cant seem to get a multiple select to work anyway i have tried.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Shanster
0
Steve

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

merging multiple datawindows into a single datawindow
pb 9/win xp Hi. I am working on a reporting application which genetes a datawindow as an output by connecting to access 2007 db and displaying the columns from the database. In the report window, I have a command button, when clicked, generates a set of columns in a datawindow. again on clicking the same button, generates next set of columns. Is there a way that I can merge these different sets of columns into a single datawindow ? what I mean is can I merge the datawindows that are getting generated by clicking the command button into a single datawindow ? thanks It'...

multiple selections in a datawindow
Hello all. I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I need todo multiple selections on that datawindow so that I can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I am only able to select a single row from that datawindow. any suggestions please. thanks! You want to use the SelectRow() datawindow function. One of the arguments is a boolean dictating whether the row should be highlighted or unhighlighted. You don't *have* to unhighlight the previous row when you highlight the next row. ...

passing multiple select (selection list on a form) to html datawindow.
How do I pass a multi-select list box items on a form to a html datawindow as a page parameters? appreciate if someone can help. Thanks Syed. I found several ways to do this on www.irt.org if you want to search there for details. Try using client scripting and pass multiple parameters, one for each selected element in the list box. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708) TechWave2000 Presentations AM34, Extending the Web DataWindow (Mon-T...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

datawindow

Selecting Multiple Rows in a DataWindow
Is there anyway to select multiple rows in a datawindow, similar to the way you can do a multi-, or extended select in a listbox? I want to initiate an action on the selected rows (I don't need to edit each individually). Right now I'm using a back-end datastore and popluating a listbox, however performance is an issue. For 4000 records, the datastore does it's retrieve in about 3 seconds, but it takes over a minute to populate the listbox! I'd rather just use a datawindow, but need multi-select. TIA It needs a bit of coding. Take a look at pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_r...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Multiple Select Statements for the same DataWindow
IIII'mmmm Baaack!!! Another thing I would love, as in C#, is the ability to have one datawindow, but allow you to associate multiple select statements to that datawindow. For example I have 3 datawindows which are graphically identical and have the exact same columns selected, but use completely different sql statemtents to retrieve that data. I would like to create one datawindow and just associate the sql needed to run the requested report, instead of 3 datawindows with identical layout but different sql. That way if I need to change the layout of the report I only have 1 dat...