datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows

Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a
datawindow expression.

In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For
example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw
depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw.

Thanks
Martin

0
Kaltenb

Martin,

There is no direct way.  You could, however, write a couple global
functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a
computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a
script.

HTH,
Greg

--
______________________________
Gregory R. George

Kaltenb�ck Martin wrote in message ...
>Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a
>datawindow expression.
>
>In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For
>example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail
dw
>depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw.
>
>Thanks
>Martin

0
Gregory

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

datawindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

DataWindow Within DataWindow

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my .NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing. I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction was called when no DataWindow object was att...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

Web resources about - datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Fighting abuse to protect freedom of expression
We believe that protection from abuse and harassment is a vital part of empowering people to freely express themselves on Twitter. Today, as ...

Campus no longer safe place for freedom of expression says free speech advocate
A group representing free speech in Canada says universities are no longer safe places for free expression, instead shying away from being forums ...

Apple acquires ‘Emotient’ facial expression & emotion detection technology
The Wall Street Journal reports Apple has confirmed it has made an acquisition of artificial intelligence startup Emotient . The cloud-based ...

Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’
Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’

Disney's FaceDirector changes facial expressions in movies
The new tool out of Disney Research's labs could turn an ing&eacute;nue's semi-decent attempt into a finely nuanced performance. This software ...

Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!
Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Apple Acquires AI Firm Emotient, Their Tech Can Read Emotion In Facial Expressions
Apple Inc. seems to recognize the fact that studying facial expressions is a very big topic of interest for many technology companies. Which ...