Datawindow Error: Select error: #2

Hi guys,
  during the stage of upgrade PB application from v6.51 to
9.0(backend upgrade from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 9.2.0.), I
want to use O84 driver in PB9 instead of O73 in PB6.5.1, but
I got the error like this:"Datawindow error: Select error"
in one of my datawindow when I try to preview it. here's my
SQL statement for the datawindow.

  SELECT "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."TITLE",
"SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_ID",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_TITLE",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ADJUSTMENT_TYPE",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE",
         gmsp217.puf_get_ytd_trueup_amount(true_up_amount,
applied_year,applied_month,:from_year) dec_trueup,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,01,:report_year) jan_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,02,:report_year) feb_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,03,:report_year) mar_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,04,:report_year) apr_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,05,:report_year) may_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,06,:report_year) jun_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,07,:report_year) jul_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,08,:report_year) aug_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,09,:report_year) sep_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,10,:report_year) oct_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,11,:report_year) nov_amount,

gmsp217.puf_convert_monthly_amount(monthly_amount,applied_month
,applied_year,12,:report_year) dec_amount,
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SORT_SEQ_NUM",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_SORT_NUM",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."GROUP_LABEL",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."REPORT_GROUP",
          :report_year rep_year,
          :actual_to act_to,
          :actual_from act_from,
          :est_from est_from,
          :est_to est_to ,
          :include_trueups include_trueups,
          :fcst_from fcst_from,
          :fcst_to fcst_to,
          :forecast_id forecast_id,
          :fcst_from2 fcst_from2,
          :fcst_to2 fcst_to2,
          :forecast_id2 forecast_id2,
          decode( "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."GROUP_LABEL",'S&T
Margin','1','S&T Margin per Services','2','S&T Margin per
Financial Statement','3') group_label_sort
     FROM "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"
    WHERE (( "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR" =
	:report_year
		AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE" = 'ACTUAL'
      AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH" between
:actual_from and :actual_to)
		 or ( "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR" = 	:report_year
		AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE" = 'ESTIMATE'
      AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH" between
:est_from and :est_to)
       or ( "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR" =
	:report_year
		AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE" = 'FORECAST'
      AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."FORECAST_ID" =
:forecast_id
      AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH" between
:fcst_from and :fcst_to)
       or ( "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR" =
	:report_year
		AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE" = 'FORECAST'
      AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."FORECAST_ID" =
:forecast_id2
      AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH" between
:fcst_from2 and :fcst_to2)
       or ( "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR" =
	:from_year
		AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH" = '12'
		AND   "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE" = 'TRUEUP'
      AND   upper(:include_trueups) = 'Y'))

ORDER BY "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SORT_SEQ_NUM" ASC,
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_SORT_NUM" ASC,
			"SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_TYPE",
			"SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR",
         "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_MONTH"

  Note: there 12 Retrieval arguement need be optionally
input.

any one knows the reason why I run into the error ?

Thanks very much in advance.

tony
0
tonyxucanada

I posted a similar kinda problem on the newsgroup just
yesterday. I am upgrading from OR7.3 to OR9.2.0.3 drivers.
The response that I got that it is a PBDBMS issue. That may
be the case, but it made me go and look more closely at the
definition of my window, and I found the cause of my
problem.
In my case, the "Select Error:" was caused by a difference
in the DW definition of a returned column andthe stored proc
definition of the same column. My DW was defined as a 40
byte column, while the stored proc was returning 80 bytes.
Changing the DW definition to match the stored proc appears
to have solved my problem.This was no problem for the
earlier OR7.3 driver.
It would seem that the PBDBMS is much less forgiving under
later Oracle Clients. Your problem may be slightly
different, but the lesson is to carefully check everything
is defined exactly right when you encounter an error of this
kind.
Good Luck!
0
David

Datawindow Error: Select Error:
The title of the messagebox: Datawindow Error Message is: Select Error: Migrated 6.5 libraries to 8.0. SQL is build on the fly using dot notation(datawindow.table.select) add the where clause and set the sql using dot notation(datawindow.table.select). The datawindow still work fine in the 6.5 environment but not in the 8.0 environment. Why are the messageboxes coming up? I've recreated on of the datawindow and the select error goes away but there are many windows with datawindows retrieving data and we can't recreate our entire app...

DATAWINDOW ERROR : SELECT ERROR 1
HI all I am getting above error while retrieving a datawindow thru my application. The datawindow is made using stored procedure as data source and manual result set. I have taken only one column in result set. but its not working. while other datawindow with made using another stored procedure have no problem also it don't have any retrieval argument. I have searched forums already for this but is not of much help. Please HELP.Thanks Purva Can you retrieve this datawindow in the datawindow painter? What do you mean by "I have taken only one column in result s...

Error in datawindow error
Hi PowerGuys, I have created datawindow in pb7 and I saved it. In PS file-new-blank html page. I created a blanke html page. Insert activeX control - design tab-sybase html datawindow dtc - selected pbl and datawindow which I want to display on the page. I set generate absolute path-set connect property - enable jaguar component - html generator. saved the page - it automatically deployed to my personal webserver. But, when I browse throug IE5.0 I got an error Line 1 Column 97: incorrect syntax. Where did I go wrong ?. Any one got this error ?. Please help me. Th...

DataWindow Select Error #2
Retrieving data for printing. Has printed 24 pages. Retrieval involving more data gets 'Select Error'. First application in PB. Using PB 7.0.2, Oracle 8.0.3, DataWindow with select statement. Thanks. ...

html datawindow error ERROR: Datawindow definition not set urgent
I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file (*.src) and deploy I get this message ERROR: Datawindow definition not set from my browser are there anybody to help me Thanks Francisco Pardo fpw@gruposoin.com.mx Select the Generate Absolute path in the DTC. Francisco Javier Pardo Weaver wrote in message <5JGJ$grD$GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX >sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file ...

Datawindow create error: datawindow error has incorrect release number
I have the following table: CREATE TABLE dbo.APP_REPORTS ( rec_id numeric(18,0) NOT NULL, dw_state image NULL, dw_structure image NULL, CONSTRAINT RAPPORTEN PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED(rec_id) ) go In this table I have stored reports generated from datawindows in PB9. Now we are migrating to PB11, but I get an error retrieving/generating the datawindows/reports from this table containing PB9 versions. In powerbuilder I have following code (in short): //ids_buffer is a datastore containing the report to preview //datawindow creation (from dw...

DataWindow Error
I am working at PB 6.5 for Win NT and I am connecting to ORACLE 7.3. I am getting from PB very often this message. DataWindow Error - Select error: Column lists do not match. My code is like: FOR 1) ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) 2) 3) itr_tr.SyntaxFromSQL (ls_procedure, '', ls_err) NEXT DW error find out after step 1) very often. if I try 2) if ll_row = -1 then ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) then it is OK, second attemp for the same statement is without error. But I don't know why this error was risen. Is posible prevent from this error ...

DataWindow Error
I am working at PB 6.5 for Win NT and I am connecting to ORACLE 7.3. I am getting from PB very often this message. DataWindow Error - Select error: Column lists do not match. My code is like: FOR 1) ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) 2) 3) itr_tr.SyntaxFromSQL (ls_procedure, '', ls_err) NEXT DW error find out after step 1) very often. if I try 2) if ll_row = -1 then ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) then it is OK, second attemp for the same statement is without error. But I don't know why this error was risen. Is posible prevent from this error ...

DataWindow Retrieve Error -> ErrText : Select Error:
Hi, We recently migrated our app to PB8.0.4. After the migration, we are facing problems in retrieval of quiet a few DWs. All these DWs worked in previous versions of PB. When i open the DW, i get the error "Select Error:". I get the same error during runtime. The definition of a couple of fields was changed after creating the Datawindow. These fields are of string datatype and their lengths were increased. The one issue that i could notice, was that the column specification of the above mentioned two fields still hold the older field lengths. I opened the Datawind...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow #2
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie Turn your DataWindow into syntax mode. It probably will be easier to see what is wrong. If you can't see what it wrong then post the SQL syntax here and we'll take a look at it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions...

Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow #2
Hello, After creating 2 reports to Composite DataWindow, I try to select arguments to both reports, but i'm not getting. In the moment of select, it print this message: " '(' expected after function name ". Thanks. ...

errors errors errors..

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

Error, Error and more errors

Web resources about - Datawindow Error: Select error: #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo