Datawindow Error: Select Error:

The title of the messagebox:      Datawindow Error

Message is:                       Select Error:

Migrated 6.5 libraries to 8.0.
SQL is build on the fly using dot notation(datawindow.table.select)
add the where clause and set the sql using dot
notation(datawindow.table.select).

The datawindow still work fine in the 6.5 environment but not in the 8.0
environment.

Why are the messageboxes coming up?

I've recreated on of the datawindow and the select error goes away but
there are many windows with datawindows retrieving data and we can't
recreate our entire application?

Please let me know if there is a solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Dee

0
Dee

Are you using syntax like <dbname>..<tablename>? If so, please change it to
<dbname>.<userID>.<tablename>. Hope this helps.

Jeinutheen.

<Dee> wrote in message
> The title of the messagebox:      Datawindow Error
>
> Message is:                       Select Error:
>

> Migrated 6.5 libraries to 8.0.
> SQL is build on the fly using dot notation(datawindow.table.select)
> add the where clause and set the sql using dot
> notation(datawindow.table.select).
>
> The datawindow still work fine in the 6.5 environment but not in the 8.0
> environment.
>
> Why are the messageboxes coming up?
>
> I've recreated on of the datawindow and the select error goes away but
> there are many windows with datawindows retrieving data and we can't
> recreate our entire application?
>
> Please let me know if there is a solution to this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Dee

0
Jeinutheen

DATAWINDOW ERROR : SELECT ERROR 1
HI all I am getting above error while retrieving a datawindow thru my application. The datawindow is made using stored procedure as data source and manual result set. I have taken only one column in result set. but its not working. while other datawindow with made using another stored procedure have no problem also it don't have any retrieval argument. I have searched forums already for this but is not of much help. Please HELP.Thanks Purva Can you retrieve this datawindow in the datawindow painter? What do you mean by "I have taken only one column in result s...

Datawindow Error: Select error: #2
Hi guys, during the stage of upgrade PB application from v6.51 to 9.0(backend upgrade from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 9.2.0.), I want to use O84 driver in PB9 instead of O73 in PB6.5.1, but I got the error like this:"Datawindow error: Select error" in one of my datawindow when I try to preview it. here's my SQL statement for the datawindow. SELECT "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_ID", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR&...

Error in datawindow error
Hi PowerGuys, I have created datawindow in pb7 and I saved it. In PS file-new-blank html page. I created a blanke html page. Insert activeX control - design tab-sybase html datawindow dtc - selected pbl and datawindow which I want to display on the page. I set generate absolute path-set connect property - enable jaguar component - html generator. saved the page - it automatically deployed to my personal webserver. But, when I browse throug IE5.0 I got an error Line 1 Column 97: incorrect syntax. Where did I go wrong ?. Any one got this error ?. Please help me. Th...

Datawindow create error: datawindow error has incorrect release number
I have the following table: CREATE TABLE dbo.APP_REPORTS ( rec_id numeric(18,0) NOT NULL, dw_state image NULL, dw_structure image NULL, CONSTRAINT RAPPORTEN PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED(rec_id) ) go In this table I have stored reports generated from datawindows in PB9. Now we are migrating to PB11, but I get an error retrieving/generating the datawindows/reports from this table containing PB9 versions. In powerbuilder I have following code (in short): //ids_buffer is a datastore containing the report to preview //datawindow creation (from dw...

html datawindow error ERROR: Datawindow definition not set urgent
I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file (*.src) and deploy I get this message ERROR: Datawindow definition not set from my browser are there anybody to help me Thanks Francisco Pardo fpw@gruposoin.com.mx Select the Generate Absolute path in the DTC. Francisco Javier Pardo Weaver wrote in message <5JGJ$grD$GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX >sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file ...

DataWindow Error
I am working at PB 6.5 for Win NT and I am connecting to ORACLE 7.3. I am getting from PB very often this message. DataWindow Error - Select error: Column lists do not match. My code is like: FOR 1) ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) 2) 3) itr_tr.SyntaxFromSQL (ls_procedure, '', ls_err) NEXT DW error find out after step 1) very often. if I try 2) if ll_row = -1 then ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) then it is OK, second attemp for the same statement is without error. But I don't know why this error was risen. Is posible prevent from this error ...

DataWindow Error
I am working at PB 6.5 for Win NT and I am connecting to ORACLE 7.3. I am getting from PB very often this message. DataWindow Error - Select error: Column lists do not match. My code is like: FOR 1) ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) 2) 3) itr_tr.SyntaxFromSQL (ls_procedure, '', ls_err) NEXT DW error find out after step 1) very often. if I try 2) if ll_row = -1 then ll_row = lds_tmp.Retrieve (ls_arg) then it is OK, second attemp for the same statement is without error. But I don't know why this error was risen. Is posible prevent from this error ...

DataWindow Retrieve Error -> ErrText : Select Error:
Hi, We recently migrated our app to PB8.0.4. After the migration, we are facing problems in retrieval of quiet a few DWs. All these DWs worked in previous versions of PB. When i open the DW, i get the error "Select Error:". I get the same error during runtime. The definition of a couple of fields was changed after creating the Datawindow. These fields are of string datatype and their lengths were increased. The one issue that i could notice, was that the column specification of the above mentioned two fields still hold the older field lengths. I opened the Datawind...

Error, Error and more errors

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

error error error

errors errors errors..

Datawindow Select Error
Hi All, I have a weird problem with a PB 8.0 datawindow. The sql for the datawindow is a union of two select statements.When i retrieve this datawindow, it gives a "Select Error :" .I am running it against a Oracle 9.2 database. Now , when i go ahead and remove some extra spaces at the end of each line in the sql statement, it works well. This happens in design time too. The most interesting part is that when i run the same datawindow against another Oracle 9.2 database, it works fine even without removing any of the extra spacing. I know that my problem will be s...

SELECT ERROR in a datawindow
I have a DW who works perfectly in my development environment and the .EXE too. But, when the user-end open the application and active the DW, he receives the following message: SELECT ERROR: ct_fetch():use api-layer:internal common library error: bind of result set item 9 resulted in a overflow. If he bypass the message, the application goes on without problems. Why this message ? Alvason Fabiano Menh� Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil. This message is caused when the results coming back don't match what the datawindow column is s...

Web resources about - Datawindow Error: Select Error: - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo