Datawindow Column Names

Hi,

    Does anyone remember what the dwSyntax command is to return the columns
on a datawindow (in an array format)?  I cannot seem to find it in the help.

Thanks,

Jim

0
Jim

you can read the source code of f_dw_get_objects in PFC,
or just retrieve columns list by dw.object.datawindow.objects.
Jim Cuoco <cuoco@ma.ultranet.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     Does anyone remember what the dwSyntax command is to return the
columns
> on a datawindow (in an array format)?  I cannot seem to find it in the
help.

> Thanks,
>
> Jim

0
aaa

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Datawindow Column name
Hi, How i can to get the column's name with it index. I tried this in a datawindow with 10 columns: ----------------- String name; int i; for i=1 to dw.rowCount() name = dw.describe("#" + i + ".name") messagebox("",name) next ----------------- but when i going to try it only show me the name of the first column (1) dont work with 2,3... etc. you know any other method ?? What i can do ?? regards You are looping on a rowcount() - it does NOT have anything to do with column count. Yup. You need to use Integer (Describe ("...

Datawindow column names
We have some datawindows that are fairly large (75Kb+), with 220+ columns (there is a lot of Oracle decoding going on) as well as some computed columns. Every time that we change the SQL statement, the datawindow painter changes the name of the columns, prefixing the column names with the table names. What are the rules concerning what type of change to the datawindow SQL statement causes this to happen? And is there a way to configure/fool the datawindow painter to stop it from renaming the columns everytime we modify the SQL? This is PB5.0.2 on Win95 running against Oracle 7.2. Than...

Datawindow Column Name
Hi, Is it possible to get a datawindow's column name from it's dbname. I need do a find on the datawindow using the column name but since our column names are created dynamically i.e col1, col2 etc i need to find the corresponding column name to it's dbname. Thanks I'm not getting entirely what you're trying to achieve, but here are some hints. When you create a datawindow from a SQL Select statement for each of the db columns from your statement PB generates corresponding DW column (control). If you observe the Column Specification pane in the Datawindo...

To find Datawindow Control name on the basis of datawindow
Can any one please help me, how can I find the datawindow control name on the basis os datawindow name, say for example I know the datawindow name, say d_test I want to the winsdow name or user object where the associated datawindow control is available. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp At runtime or design time. At design time you could just do a target wide search for 'd_test' and see where it is used. Runtime you'd need to walk through objects, examining the dw object assigned to each dw c...

Getting Datawindow name from datawindow child variable
Hi ! I want to get the datawindow (name) from a datawindowchild variable. But, the dwc has no way to get it. I want the code like this : datawindowchild dwc dw_1.getchild("colname", dwc) dw_2.dataobject = dwc.dataobject -------------- -> X In the above code, "dw_1.object.colname.dddw.name" is what I want. But, from the "dwc", I can't know that. Please, help! thx. You're correct. There is no way to get the datawindow name from the datawindow child, you have to ask the paren...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Web resources about - Datawindow Column Names - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo