datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5

Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of
multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns?  In 5.0.04
PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table
name(e.g.  table_name_column_name).  This is now broken in PB 6.5.

Why did this change in 6.5?  What necessitated this change so that all
Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on
PowerBuilder applications?

Windows 95
PB Enterprise 6.5
ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase )

0
Chris

Datawindow problem in migrating from 5.0.04 to 6.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------D0B5D2A098AE3F1987D4BCD7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am migrating an application from PB5.0.04(16-bit) to PB(32-bit). I am getting a problem. The following same statement is behaving differently in PB5 and PB6.5. order_type is a table column with 'not null' constraint in Informix database. it's like : order_type char(1) not null i can have blank for order_type. If there is blank(i.e. " ") for order_type, the result of following statement execution is :...

PB 6.5.1 datawindows incorrectly appending wrong table name to columns
We recently upgraded our PB 6.5 to 6.5.1 and now we are continuously experiencing strange problems with datawindows. If you add a new column to a datawindow which has a select joining multiple tables, it will frequently append the wrong table name to the column. Removing the bad table name manually does not help, the column properties keep the wrong table name. Exporting and importing does not help. Computed columns randomly become invalid, even if they do not reference the modified or newly added field, and can not be manually fixed - PowerBuilder won't accept the change ...

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

Datawindow Plugin for PowerBuilder 6.5 in IE5.5 SP2?
We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and it worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2, Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more. Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of plugin? Any other solution? Thanks in advance for any response. Leonid Borisov Tefensoft Where did you find out that MS doesn't support plugins anymore? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide...

MSSQL 6.5/PB 5.0.2 DataWindow Stored Procedure
PB ver. 5.0.2 & MS SQL ver 6.5 I am having problems using a DataWindow based on a stored procedure with MS SQL. If I include any arguments for the stored procedure, it fails with a SQLSTATE 22005 error "error in assignment". The same stored procedure in Sybase SQLAnywhere DB does not have any errors. We have no other problems with stored procedures exeuted from the application, only when used as the data source for a datawindow with MS SQL. Any input appreciated. Dana Riffe Primus Partners Inc. DRiffe@primusweb.com Are you trying to pass an empty string to tha...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow

PB 6.5
Friday, Oct 5, 2001 ------- I'm having a problem when joining two tables together within a single datawindow. After I join the tables, and come to the datawindow painter screen, I open up the Update Properties dialog, and all the columns show up in the Updateable Columns listbox, but to the right, there is always one column missing from the Unique Key Column(s) listbox, which happens to be a smalldatetime column. It doesn't matter what tables I'm joining, they all do it, and it's recreatable on other developers boxes. The workaround solution for now is exp...

ASA 6.0 and DataWindow Builder 5.0
Hi there, does anybody know how to configure PowerSoft's DW painter to use the Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0 (ASA6.0) SQL dialect ? I'm developing an application with Power++ 2.1. The datawindows designed using the DataWindow Builder 5.0 (that came with Power++) run smoothly when accessing a local database engine (SQLAny 5.0). But when I'm previewing a datawindow that uses the same database running on ASA6.0, I keep getting syntax errors on datawindows that use 'left outer join' (syntax error or access violation: table name 'xxxx' requires a uni...

Help: From MS SQL Server 6.5 Datawindow to Oracle 7.3 Datawindow
I have an application in PB 6.0 where the Datawindows are built using a connection to MS SQL Server 6.5; table and column name are composed using Upper-Case and Lower-case character (like IdOrder, IdClient, etc). Datawindows are kept in graphical mode. Now, I want use the same application for allow to other developer to work on Oracle 7.3, but the Datawindows built under MS SQL Server 6.5 connection don't work with a Oracle 7.3 connection; when I open a Datawindow and I select Design->Data Source, I get a box with the message: "Could not reconstruct the statement graph...

Help: From MS SQL Server 6.5 Datawindow to Oracle 7.3 Datawindow
I have an application in PB 6.0 where the Datawindows are built using a connection to MS SQL Server 6.5; table and column name are composed using Upper-Case and Lower-case character (like IdOrder, IdClient, etc). Datawindows are kept in graphical mode. Now, I want use the same application for allow to other developer to work on Oracle 7.3, but the Datawindows built under MS SQL Server 6.5 connection don't work with a Oracle 7.3 connection; when I open a Datawindow and I select Design->Data Source, I get a box with the message: "Could not reconstruct the statement graph...

datawindow created in sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 upgrade to ASA6.0.1
I've a problem with datawindow. I'm using pb5.0.2 and created a lot of datawindow using sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 Now i've upgrade sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 to ASA6.0.1. My problem is, when i want to modify datawindow (datasource mode) to add table into my datawindow, the pb did'nt recognise the old table because all the tables name seem have a prefix DBA. eg. DBA.tablename Can anybody help me...! Hi, one way is to update your pb.ini with an entry for [Adaptive Server Anywhere]. Take a look at the ASA Online Help a search for 'upgrade' the neccessary info...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and Crosstab DataWindows
I have a crosstab datawindow with 3 col and 4 rows. It works under PB 6.0. When I started using PB 6.5 and I now get a Doctor Watson error and the PB dev env gets "wiped out". I found a similar problem posted around 11/12/98 in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup (i have included the text of the posting below the "+++") Any suggestions/ideas? Thank you in advance. Fidencio Pe�a ++++++++++++++++++++ Text from a posting in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup: date around 11/12/98. Does anyone else have the following problem with the crosstabsdataw...

DataWindow.NET and PB10.5 DataWindow Extentions ?
Hi, will the next release (so far I know DataWindow.NET 2.0) will based on the Powerbuilder DataWindow engine 10.5. or in other words: The new DataWindow extentions from PB10.5 (treeview datawindow, autosize ....) will be part of of the next DataWindow.NET Release Till now we are in the process of testing the same pbl's (and datawindows) in Webforms and PB apps. TIA Heino Hellmers Yes. The PowerBuilder 10.5 DataWindow engine is used and those features are supported. "Heino Hellmers" <heino@hellmers.com> wrote in message news:42ff2c87$1@f...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

Web resources about - datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Creative Door That Doubles as a Ping Pong Table and 20 More Cool Multi-Purpose Gadgets
... but the Ping Pong Door by Tobias Franzel serves a dual purpose. It boasts an inner panel that flips down to create a functional ping pong table. ...

Play video games on your coffee table with the Platinum Multi Game Arcade Table
Coffee tables can generally be found in living rooms, and they’re usually adorned by books which have been termed as “coffee table books”,... ...

Table Tennis 3D, a challenging Windows Phone sports game with online multi-player options
... white ball around the table. Available for 512MB devices, Table Tennis 3D offers twenty unique table tennis players to challenge, online multi-player ...

There are Coffee Tables, and Then IDEUM's Multi-Touch Coffee Table, Which is Basically a Giant Tablet ...
There are coffee tables, and then IDEUM's multi-touch Platform 46 / Platform 32 coffee tables. Each waterproof table features up to 60 touch ...

Touchscape Multi-Touch coffee table
Want to wow guests who drop by your home for a visit the next time round? Forget about purchasing a new piece of art to hang on your living room ...