Custom Paper Size 255

Is 255 a valid Custom Paper Size outside of Sybase?  The reason I ask is I
am currently on PB9 which does not support 255.  I have had customers call
and complain about creep issues when using a custom form (8.5x7).  As I
looked at the code it was very easy to find - the conversion from PBU to
millimeters is not a whole number and the CustomPage.Length and Width only
support integers (although Help says it is a double) so it was rounding down
causing the creep.  So, seeing that we are moving to PB 12 in the next Qtr
and that version supports 255 I am fixing the code now to support it in the
future.  If I find that the Units are PBU's then I expect the customer to
create a windows form and assign it to the specified printer thereby fixing
the creep issue.  If the Units are anything else I send the 255 and convert
the W/L appropriately.  I am just wanting to make sure this will not have
any side effects.

Thanks,
Chris Craft

BTW - Why would the default be Millimeters which has a factor of 25.4?  This
almost gaurantees decimals.  Anyone know the history because in PB12 they
changed the help to say Long which still means PBU's to millimeters is not
really supported.

0
Chris

I guess others have not run across this but I thought I would post my
results for anyone that might need it in the future.

Setting the Paper Size to 255 in PB9 causes it to not use the form set in
the printers properties even though it is not supported.  I ended up writing
a check for the MajorVersion and if on 9 then it will exit the routine.

I am still very curious as to the history of this.  If anyone from Sybase
can chime in I wold appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris Craft

"Chris Craft" <NOChrisATfamoussoftwareDOTcom> wrote in message
> Is 255 a valid Custom Paper Size outside of Sybase?  The reason I ask is I
> am currently on PB9 which does not support 255.  I have had customers call
> and complain about creep issues when using a custom form (8.5x7).  As I
> looked at the code it was very easy to find - the conversion from PBU to
> millimeters is not a whole number and the CustomPage.Length and Width only
> support integers (although Help says it is a double) so it was rounding
> down causing the creep.  So, seeing that we are moving to PB 12 in the
> next Qtr and that version supports 255 I am fixing the code now to support
> it in the future.  If I find that the Units are PBU's then I expect the
> customer to create a windows form and assign it to the specified printer
> thereby fixing the creep issue.  If the Units are anything else I send the
> 255 and convert the W/L appropriately.  I am just wanting to make sure
> this will not have any side effects.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Craft
>
> BTW - Why would the default be Millimeters which has a factor of 25.4?
> This almost gaurantees decimals.  Anyone know the history because in PB12
> they changed the help to say Long which still means PBU's to millimeters
> is not really supported.

0
Chris

Custom Paper Size For DataWindow
PB 8.0 We use datawindows to create custom forms which are printed on a laser printer. We would like to use a custom paper size of 13 x 9. This paper size is not listed in the dropdown of available sizes. The paper.size property is expecting a number which corresponds to the associated size. I know with labels, that you can add custom labels through the pblab80.ini file. Is there a similar method for paper size? Any other ideas? TIA -- Mitch Goldstein Software Ventures, LLC 770-777-2392 www.softwareventures.net ...

DataWindow with a custom paper size
How can I create a DataWindow with a custom paper size ? Did you check the paper tab under the datawindow properties? There are many choices to choose from. Ken Drendel <Martin> wrote in message news:407db048.65a0.846930886@sybase.com... > How can I create a DataWindow with a custom paper size ? I need a paper size that is not in the list. > Did you check the paper tab under the datawindow > properties? There are many choices to choose from. > > > Ken Drendel > > <Martin> wrote in message > > news:407db048.65a0.846930886...

printing datawindow on a custom paper size
How do i, printing datawindow on a custom paper size ? can this be solve on datawindow painter (DW properties) or i have to modify using powerscript ? please help. situation : My application should print data on custom paper size that not in datawindow printspesification list. Paper source are continues form. thanks You should select default for all print properties in datawindow properties and you must set new custom paper size on your printer setings. I use this method everytime. It works succesfully. "adjie" <hadjie@pama.unitedtractors.com> wrote i...

DataWindow with a custom paper size #2
Is it posibble to create a DataWindow with a custom paper size ? I mean a new paper size different from those in the list. Thank you in advance for your time! ...

How to set custom paper size by powerbuilder script?
Dear All, I'm now working on printing an invoice which is 21cm * 14cm. I would like to know how to set the paper size by powerbuilder script? Thanks in advance Joe Create a custom defined paper size of 140X210 with a name say 'invoice report' on the printer and select the paper size as that name in the DW print specification properties. But the catch is that you need to create this print specification on all client machines or else default size will be taken. Or else you need to train the user to create one on printsetup dialog if this is not present for them an...

Specifying customer paper size in Powerbuilder 7.0
This has been my question since the first time I ever use Powerbuilder/Datawindow. I would like to create a report that will print invoice in a small paper (smaller than legal size).. I can't find any datawindow object to specify such adjustment. Hope you get what I mean and I'll be waiting for your reply. -jun you can specify custom sizes only at printer level. thats it "forums.sybase.com" <juney20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3f681222@forums-2-dub... > This has been my question since the first time I ever use > Powerbuilder/Datawindo...

How do I set Custom/ User-defined paper size in the datawindow painter?
Helo, I want to set Custom/ User-defined paper size in the datawindow painter. I am using PowerBuilder 10.5.1 Build 6575. The Help says "To specify a user-defined paper size, set the Paper.Size property to 255 or 256, then set the Print.CustomPage.Length and Print.Custom.Page.Width properties to the desired size."But how can I do it in the datawindow painter? I have created a custom paper size in the printer. Is it possible to get it in the datawindow paper size? Thanks & Regards, Biju Skariah. If you Right Click on the datawindow when it is not open in the Paint...

Urgent
Hi everyone, Is there any way that I can define the size of paper? Moreover, if the datawindow is in the format of Label, how can I customize the size of the label?? On the other hand, how can I dynamically changing the size of datawindow by using Modify?? Thank you very much for any help. Best Regards, Andy Cheung The PBLABXX ini file provides the lable layouts etc used by the label datawindow. You can read this yourself (create new entries if you wish) and use most of the attributes to change the label layout on a datawindow. It is quite easy but not ALL attributes can be ch...

Custom paper size
I have a tabular datawindow that i need to print in a 216*140 mm, but i don't know how to set a custom paper size. Any idea. pd. i need to control the paper jump Thank in advanced. Set the dw print properties See "datawindow object properties" in PB help. On this help page select "datawindow" and the next help page select "print.property". HTH Lesley "Nestor Silva" <nestor_silva@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uEduJZHuAHA.209@forums.sybase.com... > I have a tabular datawindow that i need to print in a 216*140 mm, but...

customized paper size ?
Hi all, Is there any way to print in a customer size ? (for example, my paper size is 12.5 x 7.5 cm (5 x 2.94 inch ) ). I can't use the default paper size because the printer's driver is always on A4 paper size. Any idea ? Thanks Fab ...

Custom paper size
I know there is a way to add a custom paper size (custom form) on Windows NT server. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=157172 Is there a way to do the same on Novell servers (iPrint)? Any suggestion / link will be very appreciated. Yanick iPrint approaches this a little differently. There are driver profiles that allow the administrator to set up driver characteristics by default, one of which being the paper size that the printer driver supports. You can add new forms to an NDPS Manager, however, this has to be done on both the server and NWAdmin. THis is not a fea...

Custom Paper Sizes
Is there a way to define custom paper sizes. I am trying to print concert tickets 1 7/8 by 5 1/2 inches with 0" margins on a custom ticket printer. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance Rob using Infomaker 7.0.3 Using Windows 2000, here's how: From the Start menu, select Settings/Printers In the "Printers" window, select File/Server Properties When the Print Server Properties window appears, you should find a checkbox titled "Create a New Form" on the "Forms" Tab. This is where you do it. Brian "Rob Diamant" <rdia...

Custom Paper Sizes
Is there a way to define custom paper sizes. I am trying to print concert tickets 1 7/8 by 5 1/2 inches with 0" margins on a custom ticket printer. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance Rob using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 This is a FAQ. http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=custom%20paper%20size&safe=images&ie=UT F-8&oe=UTF-8&as_ugroup=*.powerbuilder.*&lr=&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en Had you done the search yourself, you would have found the answer much more quickly (and relieved me from the effort). Basically, you either set it through the pri...

Custom Paper Size
Hello, I am using PB (5.0) with SQL SERVER 2000 as the back end.The OS that I am using is Windows NT. My problem is that I want to print my documents for sales invoice and delivery receipt in a custom defined page size of 8.5 x 6 which is not availaible directly in Powerbuilder.My clients do not want any option of having to select the pagesize on their own they want it to be taken care of programmatically. I have tried using powerprn.dll a utility that is available on http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/powerprinter through which I was able set the default printer,port etc exc...

Web resources about - Custom Paper Size 255 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Customs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The movement of people into and out of a country is normally monitored by immigration authorities, under a variety of names and arrangements. ...

Custom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UQ at loggerheads over 47-storey tower near Customs House
... against Brisbane City Council's pre-Christmas approval of a 47-storey apartment building next door to its heritage-listed CBD property, Customs ...

Australian Border Force: Contradictory Customs officials hold up lifesaving drugs
PEOPLE desperate to get their hands on a drug that has been called a “game changer” in the fight against a life-threatening condition are being ...

US Customs denies racial profiling of NSW Greens MP Mehreen Faruqi, says validity of passports 'routinely' ...
US Customs denies travellers are racially profiled after a NSW Green's MP says she was interrogated.

Facebook Adds Audience Overlap to Custom Audiences?
The audience overlap feature for Facebook ad targeting has apparently been extended to its custom audiences option. Reader Chris Ruberg , social ...

Bentley targets audiophiles with custom Continental at CES
... Bentley arrived at CES this year with the limited-edition Continental GT V8 S you see here, decked out by Mulliner and fitted with a custom ...

This custom $30,000 PC is a gamer’s dream; can support 7 gamers with just one rig
During CES this week, Sony proudly announced that they sold over 5.4 million PS4 units during the 2015 holiday shopping season, bringing the ...

This guy makes badass custom lightsabers for 'Star Wars' fans
Kenneth Hampton is a huge "Star Wars" fan. At Hampton's Hand-crafted LED Sabers, he makes custom, badass lightsabers that look more polished ...

How to create a custom watch face for Apple Watch
Get started First you must sync the image to the Apple Watch (and ensure you are running WatchOS 2.0.1 or later). It’s a good idea to create ...