crosstab dw #2

Hi,
I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design
it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc.

But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my
query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original.

What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.
0
genie

Hi Genie,

You may want to "edit source" instead of using the dw painter. Right
click on the dw in system tree and select it from the pop up.

hth,
Mark

On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote:
> Hi,
> I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design
> it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc.
>
> But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my
> query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
> previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original.
>
> What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.
0
Mark
1/6/2011 1:14:12 PM
And sometimes you can get away by hitting 'cancel' on the crosstab
definition screen.  But 'edit source' is the more foolproof way.
Or perhaps you can change the crosstab into a static one by setting the 'do
not rebuild' checkbox.  It depends on whether you always will have the same
number of columns coming back.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote:
> Hi,
> I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design
> it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc.
>
> But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my
> query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
> previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original.
>
> What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.

0
Terry
1/6/2011 3:58:34 PM
Hi Mark,

  YEAH!!!, i got solved by using the edit source method!!!
thanks so much.

rgd
genie
> And sometimes you can get away by hitting 'cancel' on the
> crosstab  definition screen.  But 'edit source' is the
> more foolproof way. Or perhaps you can change the crosstab
> into a static one by setting the 'do  not rebuild'
> checkbox.  It depends on whether you always will have the
> same  number of columns coming back.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Mark"  wrote in message news:4d25c024@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi Genie,
>
> You may want to "edit source" instead of using the dw
> painter. Right click on the dw in system tree and select
> it from the pop up.
>
> hth,
> Mark
>
> On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and
> > design it with logo, title...etc readjust column
> ,hide...etc. >
> > But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify
> > my query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my
> > previous design get messed up,it get fallback to
> original. >
> > What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you.

0
genie

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Sharing data between 2 nested DWs: a graphic DW and a crosstab DW
I got a composite DW with lots of nested DWs. Among them, I have a graph DW and a crosstab DW with the same SQL. As the amount of lines retrieved is above 20,000, I'd like to share the data between the 2 nested DWs. First, I put an argument in each one, so the graph DW brings all the lines, and the crosstab DW brings none. Then, after the retrieve of the composite DW, I get both datawindowchild and run ROWSCOPY from the graph to the crosstab (sharedata doesn't work for crosstab). After that, run SORT and GROUPCALC for the crosstab DW. The lines are copied, but the crosstab DW ...

Crosstab datawindow #2
On a Crosstab datawindow, I use an expression to set both the Background.color and the color property for a column. When I run the application from PowerBuilder (version 6.5) everything works fine. However when I build an exe, the expression setting the Background.color property fails and the background for this column always appears as black. The font color though is okay. Does anyone know why the exe behaves differently. The application runs on Winodws NT 4.0 When you program behaves differently when you create the Exes this for me has always meant that you have the wrong...

Crosstab DataWindows #2
I need to create a Crosstab DW that resumes the information from a table. This table contains the following columns: Quarter, Products and Quantity and I want to create a very simple Crosstab DW with this tree columns (Column, Row and data respectively). Besides I would like to create a computed field, that should go with each data field, that resumes the percentage of increment of each quarter compared with the last one. Do you know if it posible to create this computed field? Thanks ...

Crosstab DW #2
How can i get the column names in a Crosstab DW, is there an example or some code you can provide me? I would appreciate your help Vladimir To get the list of columns you can do count = integer(dw_x.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")) for i = 1 to count name[i] = dw_x.Describe("#" + string(i) + ".name") next if by columns you mean columns and expressions then you would do tab_list = dw_x.Describe("DataWindow.Objects") then parse that tab separated list and check objects types using construct like type[i] = dw_x.Describe(object...

How To copy rows from crosstab DW to crosstab DW
Hi All, i am using pb8 and i am trying to copy rows from crosstab DW to crosstab DW, But the return code is -1 why? How can i copy rows from crosstab to crosstab or shardata from crosstab to crosstab? thanks david ...

CrossTab DataWindow #2
CrossTab DataWindow : It 's very nice to build quickly this kind of report ! But, It starts to become a nightmare when you've to change something like : Add a column, modify the SQL... All the graphic is reset (Compute fields are deleted, properties are reset...All the work has to be done again !) I'm just wondering if i can cary on to use this type of DW... Is it a bug PB or is there something to do to fix this problem ? I'm using PB 6.5. Tanks a lot for any suggestions ! ...

CrossTab Datawindows #2
I need to export a crosstab datawindow to an excel spreadsheet, the saveas function does not bring the column headings into Excel or any Total values. Is there a way to get the column names from the crosstab datawindow from the code. Liam ...

PowerBuilder DataWindow #2
Hi all, I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok. However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may not be able to edit the details part. Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating the details' data. if user_can_edit then update end if The problem is this: If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify the data". Is it so...

crosstab datawindow crashing #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0386_01C91377.29598B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Friends I have the this problem, I work with Pb 10.0 an Sybase 12.5, and when I = do Retrieve() at moment run exe, this report crash. Thank for any help --=20 Enrique Montalvan Arroyo Promotora de Turismo Nuevo Mundo Dpto de Sistemas BackOffice Telef 610-9346 ------=_NextPart_000_0386_01C91377.29598B60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

how to update crosstab datawindow #2
Hi, I hear that crosstab datawindow can be updated,but how to do ? Thanks in advance sunjie Sunjie, You need to export the datawindow, add tab order to the columns you want editable, and then re-import it again. This would make the fields editable, e.g., if you have a computed field on it, you would see the value change as you edit a field which is referenced by the computed expression. Making the datawindow ** updateable ** is another issue, which I'm not exactly sure about. I'll try to experiment with it and post my findings. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Ki...

Crosstab Datawindow part 2
Hi... I have to make a crosstab report like this : Model Jan Feb Mar ....... Nov Dec A 1 10 0 0 4 B 4 0 1 4 7 C 3 1 0 0 3 But, if I only have data until Oct, the Nov and Dec will not appear in crosstab. Like this : Model Jan Feb Mar ....... Oct A 1 10 0 5 B 4 0 1 4 C 3 1 0 0 What can I do to show Nov and Dec in my crosstab, even they have no data and I want to show the zero number in Nov and Dec??? Thank you Eka Putra Jakarta - Indonesia. First create a select statement that will retrieve all months (jan to dec). Then make your crossta...

Sorting a crosstab dw #2
Hi all. I have a crosstab DW that is sorted by its first column, both in the sql sentence and in the DW itself. Once retrieved it is not shown in the correct sort order. I looks like the sort order is done separately for each column across. Is this normal?. Is there a way to force a sort order after the retrieve() is complete? SetSort() and Sort() don't seem to work. TIA -- Diego Marrero Vega Tecnolog�as www.vegati.com 922-825052 667-515-517 1) It's pointless to have sort specified "both in the sql sentence and in the DW itself" 2) You might need to...

crosstab datawindow problem #2
I'm trying to add a second value column that uses the last() function. PB lets me save the crosstab definition, but if I try and run the app using this definition, or when I close and re-open the datawindow in the dev environment, I get a GPF. Using the count() method seems to work fine. Is there a known issue with the first/last/min/max methods (tried 'em all) in crosstabs? I'm using v7.03 build 10063. ...

Web resources about - crosstab dw #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Inside the crosstabs: Why Republicans don't support a minimum-wage hike
Democrats are vowing to make the minimum wage a midterm issue and will start by making a push to raise it once Congress is back in session this ...

Crosstabs
Kyle Leighton looks at the effect Mitt Romney's 47% remarks had on the polls. Full size version....

Updated with crosstabs: Dead heat in the 23rd
With two weeks left in the special election for the 23rd Congressional seat, Democrat Bill Owens has turned a seven-point deficit into a four-point ...

Beware the Crosstabs! Part the Second - Ten Miles Square - The Washington Monthly
Last week I took someone to task for placing too much weight on Gallup’s reports of Latino voters supposedly disproportionate turn away from ...

David Goldstein (@GoldyHA) on Twitter

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A graph showing the incarceration rate under state and federal jurisdiction per 100,000 population 1925-2008. Does not include prisoners held ...

Questions - Bill Clinton and Bush Tax Cuts - June 7-8, 2012 - Rasmussen Reports™
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Market Data - ABI Research
technology market intelligence About About Us Management & Advisory Board Analysts Worldwide Locations Sourcing Guidelines Privacy Policy Research ...

One day later, pro-transportation tax forces say their side is winning
On Monday, Channel 2 Action News released an automated poll that put metro Atlanta support for a transportation sales tax at 42 percent – with ...

Why Gingrich is on top
A poll released today by Public Policy Polling shows former House Speaker Newt Gingrich capping off an amazing month’s rise by taking the lead ...