Crosstab datawindow column header names ???

I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow :
- I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name
defined at design time.
- A Describe ( "DataWindow.Crosstab.Columns" ) also give me names at design time.
Thank you for your ideas...
0
IIIP

IIIP wrote:

> I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow :
> - I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name
> defined at design time.
> - A Describe ( "DataWindow.Crosstab.Columns" ) also give me names at design time.
> Thank you for your ideas...

ls_objects = dw_control.Object.DataWindow.Objects will give you a list
of tab separated datawindow objects including column names and headings.
You need to parse the string to get header values.

hope this helps.

Prasad  Paruchuri
0
Prasad
11/27/1997 6:12:58 AM
You need to be in static mode -
dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Crosstab.StaticMode = 'Yes'

If the dynamic column is column_t then the first occurence in the
datawindow will use that name - so header value should be
column_t.text.  Subsequence columns are column_t_1, column_t_2, etc.

I use describe and modify because of the unknown column name.  Also to
avoid confusion with the _t; I renamed the header column to something
simpler = label (also allows pos function for _).

This tatic only works if you have one header band - basic cross tab; one
row, column, value.

IIIP wrote:

> I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow :
> - I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name
> defined at design time.
> - A Describe ( "DataWindow.Crosstab.Columns" ) also give me names at design time.
> Thank you for your ideas...
0
Michelle

Datawindow Crosstab column data and headers
How do I access the data in the dynamic crosstab columns? How do I access the text of the headers of the dynamic crosstab columns? ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

CrossTab Datawindows and Getting the Column Names
Hi, I'm kind of new to the Crosstab Datawindow. Currently, we are trying to develop a Crosstab Datawindow to show a grid similar to: Extra Small Small Medium Large Extra Large Blue 1 Red 1 Green 1 Yellow 1 with empty boes to type in. This would be used when someone is taking an order for shirts, for example. I can pretty much get this far. My problem is when I am trying to get the name for the Columns. I am using the...

Crosstab Datawindow column header sorting
Hi all, I have got a small question. I have a crosstab datawindow. Users would like to click on the column headers to sort the data. Can you please let me know if this is possible? If so, how? Thanking you in advance for your time. Best regards, Atm ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

CrossTab Datawindow and Datawindow plugin
Does anyone know of any problems using the Datawindow plug-in and a crosstab presentation sytle. I'm using web.pb to call my distributed PB server and save the crosstab as a psr file and then return the html pointing to the psr file. The computed fields are getting overlaid but doing it from PowerBuilder works fine. I'm using PB 6.5 Thanks, Bill Anderson ...

Reference the name of the header object for a column in a grid datawindow.
Hi, Does anyone know a way to reference (using the PFC is an option) the name of the static text header field for a column in a grid datawindow? I am doing dynamic column ordering in PB 8.01. This can be done by making columns invisible and then visible again in the order you want them displayed. Well in PB 6.5 all you had to do was do a Modify with the column number and set the visible property to 1. In PB 8.0 doing that only makes the column's data visible, but not the header text field. That needs to be done via another Modify. When in most cases using the column'...

Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow
Hi !! My problem is as follows I have made a cross tab datawindow. In that i want to change the column headers at runtime. How could i get cloumn header name(it will vary at runtime) and change it at runtime. One thing is that i can't use column expression because i have to get the value from other table. Thanks in advance. Dharani Babu adharani@ssind.stpn.soft.net ...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Datawindow Column Name
Hi, Is it possible to get a datawindow's column name from it's dbname. I need do a find on the datawindow using the column name but since our column names are created dynamically i.e col1, col2 etc i need to find the corresponding column name to it's dbname. Thanks I'm not getting entirely what you're trying to achieve, but here are some hints. When you create a datawindow from a SQL Select statement for each of the db columns from your statement PB generates corresponding DW column (control). If you observe the Column Specification pane in the Datawindo...

Datawindow Column Names
Hi, Does anyone remember what the dwSyntax command is to return the columns on a datawindow (in an array format)? I cannot seem to find it in the help. Thanks, Jim you can read the source code of f_dw_get_objects in PFC, or just retrieve columns list by dw.object.datawindow.objects. Jim Cuoco <cuoco@ma.ultranet.com> wrote in message news:JADvY3tnBHA.133@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone remember what the dwSyntax command is to return the columns > on a datawindow (in an array format)? I cannot seem to find it in the help. > >...

Web resources about - Crosstab datawindow column header names ??? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo