Cross tab Datawindow erro

We migrated PB 9 to PB 12. After migration when we are
running report we are getting --> "Please refresh your
crosstab definition"
We are running against MS SQL Server 2000.

Thanks for your help.
0
Raj

Hi Raj;

1) Are you using PB 12.1?
2) Are you using the same DB connectivity option?
3) If you open and run (preview) the DWO in the DW Painter - does it give
you the same error?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Raj" wrote in message news:4d2ca5fd.493.1681692777@sybase.com...

We migrated PB 9 to PB 12. After migration when we are
running report we are getting --> "Please refresh your
crosstab definition"
We are running against MS SQL Server 2000.

Thanks for your help.

0
Chris
1/11/2011 6:53:51 PM
Thanks for your response.
Answer (1) I am using PB 12.0
       (2) What do you mean by that?
       (3) I can not preview in DW painter because I am
creating temp table at run time.

> Hi Raj;
>
> 1) Are you using PB 12.1?
> 2) Are you using the same DB connectivity option?
> 3) If you open and run (preview) the DWO in the DW Painter
> - does it give  you the same error?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Raj" wrote in message
>
> We migrated PB 9 to PB 12. After migration when we are
> running report we are getting --> "Please refresh your
> crosstab definition"
> We are running against MS SQL Server 2000.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Raj
1/12/2011 3:45:19 PM
Answer (1) I am using PB 12.0
=> I would highly recommend applying the 12.1 MR release.

       (2) What do you mean by that?
=> Is the SQLCA.DBMS parameter value the same in your PB 12 version of the
application?

       (3) I can not preview in DW painter because I am
creating temp table at run time.
=> Are you creating a dynamic DataWindow or just changing the DWO's SQL at
runtime to point to the TEMP table?

BTW: Are you using PB 12 Classic or .NET?

> Hi Raj;
>
> 1) Are you using PB 12.1?
> 2) Are you using the same DB connectivity option?
> 3) If you open and run (preview) the DWO in the DW Painter
> - does it give  you the same error?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Raj" wrote in message
>
> We migrated PB 9 to PB 12. After migration when we are
> running report we are getting --> "Please refresh your
> crosstab definition"
> We are running against MS SQL Server 2000.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Chris

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

cross tab datawindow
Could any help me out in creating this type of report using crosstab datawindow style. (dynamic Cross tab) The data source is stored procedure The following data is retrieved from the stored procedure: 1. Mat proceeds 2. Type - 3. Subtotal (mat proceeds) 4. Interest 5. Subtotal (interest) 6. grand total (3+4) 7. Newissue 8. subtotal (new issue) 9. cash 10. balance My requirement is like this: (in table format): Currency: Gbp Usd Euro yen Matruing proceeds Type(2) 10.22(1) 0.00 0.00 Type(2) ...

Cross tab datawindow crashes
HI All. I have been using powerbuilder 6.0 application with sybase as database for long. Now we are migrating our database from sybase to sql 2008. After migration of database, every data window is retrieving data correctly except for one cross tab data window. earlier Crosstab datawindow was using sybase stored procedure as datasource and works fine. But same procedure when migrated to SQL, crosstab datawindow crashes with some sybase product error and closes application. But strange thing is that when I run application through PB data retrieves correctly and when I b...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Cross Tab Datawindows
Does anybody know if it is possible to conditionally format a computed field in the trailer band of a cross tab datawindow. My cross tab has a column called compute_0008 which gives a value for every "avail_date" There is a computed field in the trailer band called sum_compute_0008 and I want to modify the background.color of this computed field based on the value of avail_date (e.g. Weekends one colour and Weekdays another). I have tried dw_1.modify("sum_compute_" + string(li_count) + ".background.color .... and dw_1.modify("sum_compute["...

datawindow

Help on Cross tab Datawindow
Hi, Can you please refer some good links regarding Cross tab datawindows? I work for two years in PB, but have not yet used these much. Thanks in advance. Krishna. ...

Cross Tab Datawindow #3
Hi, I have a composite datawindow report with a nested datawindow on it. This nested datawindow is a cross-tab datawindow which is used to show the tax year descriptions as different columns at runtime. The tax year description is retrieved from database table. For most of the time there are several years which get retrieved per run. For the column of the last year retrieved, instead of displaying the actual year description retrieved from the table(like 2003 or 2004), I want to dislay some other string like ("Post Assignment Year"). How to change it in this...

cross tab datawindow #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8BBFFFDE2996BAC05721C0B4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Could any help me out in creating this type of report using crosstab datawindow style. (dynamic Cross tab) The data source is stored procedure The following data is retrieved from the stored procedure: 1. Mat proceeds 2. Type - 3. Subtotal (mat proceeds) 4. Interest 5. Subtotal (interest) 6. grand total (3+4) 7. Newissue 8. subtotal (new issue) 9. cash 10. balance My requirement is like this: ----...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Web resources about - Cross tab Datawindow erro - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo