Copying Data between DW and CrosstabDW

i face this problem:

I have a DW1 with external DataSource.
This DW1 gets his Data from another DW2
based on some selections that the User can do.
DW2 is based on a select. This works fine.
So the Structure of DW1 and DW2 are equal.
Now i want to copy (sharing is impossible) the Data of DW1 - the local DW -
with a crosstab DW based on the same select than DW2.

Is this possible ?
How can i do this ?

DB: Oracle 8.1.7.
PB: 8.0.1

please help a newbie
  Joachim
0
Joachim

dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Data = dw_2.Object.DataWindow.Data
0
mitchell

Copy Datawindow Data to a Structure
Hi, I have seen an example of copying data of a datawindow to a Structure, but I don't remember the syntax. CAn you help me? I have tried: structrue_x istr_x dw_1.object.data = istr_x The above works but dw_1 contains more than 1 row, so I tried structrue_x istr_x[ ] dw_1.object.data = istr_x Then I got a systemerro. Kathy Kathylo@bigfoot.com PB 5 16Bit Kathy Your subject gives the impression that you want to copy the data FROM the datawindow TO a structure. But your sample script does the other way round. Otherwise you are on the right track. That...

Copy blobcolumn data between datawindows
I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it does have a blobcolumn). I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have an "ObjectData" property... Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the target row in the target datawindow to the database) ? Best regards Lars Sweden Well, GraphicObjectBlobColumn probably wouldn't...

Datawindow objects data copying
How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of fields than latter ? To be more clear ------------------ 1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields. 2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields. I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two". Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the data copying ? On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:11:25 +0530, Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can we copy data from one datawi...

copy data Excel in Dw
I want to input data from an Excel in a datawindow. How can I do ? To import data from Excel you can use OLE automation to create an Excel process in the background. OLEObject ole_object myoleobject = CREATE OLEObject ole_object = CREATE OLEObject If ole_object.ConnectToNewObject('Excel.application') <> 0 Then Messagebox('Rate Transfer','Could not connect to Excel~n~r Error code '+String(li_rc) ) Return -1 end if open the workbook ole_object.workbooks.Open(is_pathname) <--- contains path and excel filename to open //S...

Copy data from Dynamic datawindow
I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by users based on this code: new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql, & 'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL) ...... dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create) However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and paste the data into, say notepad, etc... How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns and then copy them? Thanks for any help. if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into a string (eg. tab-...

Copy Data from Datawindow to RTF edit
Hi, I would like to know how to insert data from datawindow to a RTF editor! Kathy kathylo@bigfoot.com To cut, paste, or copy rich text using an RTF edit or DW you have to use the RTF functions: copyRTF(), cutRTF(), pasteRTF() To copy from an RTF dw or edit to a nonRTF just use the regular copy and paste functions. All formatting is automatically removed. To copy in the other direction, from a non RTF DW or edit to a RTF DW or edit, I think you'd have to extract the string, add starting and ending rtf codes (export a rtf file and view in text mode) then copytoclipbo...

Data copy between two dw object
Hi: I need to copy data from a PSR file to database. so I first need to copy data in PSR file to a dw object which is defined using db data sorce. The columns in two dw objects defined with exactly same names and data types but having different order. I tried to copy data between them using RowsCopy(), but failed. Is there a simple way to copy data between them? Thanks dj lee ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Use following Syntax. dw_2.object.column1.primary = dw_1.object.column1.primary Shah din sani...

From DS to DW full data copying
Hi All, I have a composite DW "dw_report". The retrieving process is performed with datastore: my_datastore ds ds = create my_datastore ds.DataObject = "dw_report" ds.SetTransObject( SQLCA ) ds.Retrieve( args ) My question is How can I get retrieved data from the datastore in order to display it in my DW with composite report? I've tried to use GetFullState() and SetFullState() functions but it has not helped. Thanks for any advice On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:57:42 +0300, "Koliazine Dmitry" <Kolyazine@yandex.ru> wrote: You'll...

copy the data from a single column of DW
Hi I have the DW and it's data were retrieved. How can I copy the data from a single column of this DW to another place ( for example, to another DW)? Thanks Use dot notation: dest_dw.object.destcol = source_dw.object.sourcecol or string ls_array[] ls_array = source_dw.object.sourcecol Lookup 'Dot Notation' in the online help. S. �������� ���� wrote in message ... >Hi >I have the DW and it's data were retrieved. How can I copy the data from a >single column of this DW to another place ( for example, to another DW)? >Thanks > > ...

dw: copy data to other rows in table?
Our app has a datawindow based on table MYSUBM which has a primary key of subm_no. Suppose right now dw_subm has various data where subm_no = 123. Then the user changes the value of column MYADDR in that dw. I need to copy the data in this field to column MYADDR in two other rows in table MYSUBM, where subm_no = 124 and 125. I wonder if someone could suggest a good way to do this? Thanks much. A similar problem was discussed in the datawindow section in a thread titled "manipulate rowscopy". The first question is whether you will know for sure whether the rows to ...

copy data when dw name is only known at runtime ?
Hello, I'd like to create a generic function that accepts a DW as argument, checks if there is(are) nested report(s) in it and exports the nested reports' data to Excel. So far I'm able to loop thru the DW objects and find the nested reports, but I don't find a way to have access to the datas. Is there a solution ? Thank you, Pierre, using 10.5.2 Others may pipe in with a better approach but if you are getting a handle on the nested(with getchild I presume) why not create a standalone dw and inside the loop set the standalone dwo to the active nested dwo and us...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

Let user select and copy data from datawindow??
I would like to let the user mark any part that he like with the mouse inside a datawindow. The selected text can be copyed or deleted from the sheet using the ordinary function keys: CTRL + C or CTRL + X and so on. Is there any function in the system ( PB6) that support this action or do I have to write the code myself ? Is there anybody who have had this problem before ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks If you use a Grid datawindow, you can select in this way. Then use Describe("DataWindow.Selected") to get information about which rows/columns have ...

copy a datawindow into another datawindow
I have an instance datawindow declared : Ex: u_dw idw Then I do the following function: Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw) Script : idw = adw In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw I thought : u_dw ldw ldw = idw But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen. How can I copy idw into ldw without destroying ldw when I destroy idw? Thanks for your time! Sandra Sandra, All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are not actually copying datawindow. Use rows...

Web resources about - Copying Data between DW and CrosstabDW - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow