copy data when dw name is only known at runtime ?

Hello,
I'd like to create a generic function that accepts a DW as
argument, checks if there is(are) nested report(s) in it and
exports the nested reports' data to Excel.
So far I'm able to loop thru the DW objects and find the
nested reports, but I don't find a way to have access to the
datas.
Is there a solution ?
Thank you,
Pierre, using 10.5.2
0
Pierre

Others may pipe in with a better approach but if you are getting a
handle on the nested(with getchild I presume) why not create a
standalone dw and inside the loop set the standalone dwo to the active
nested dwo and use sharedata to draw the data out of the nested. If that
works then you can play with the standalone without the pain of nest
restrictions

The only reason I suggest this is I just finished a project that does
the exact opposite by pushing data into the nested

On 11/01/11 4:59 AM, Pierre wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to create a generic function that accepts a DW as
> argument, checks if there is(are) nested report(s) in it and
> exports the nested reports' data to Excel.
> So far I'm able to loop thru the DW objects and find the
> nested reports, but I don't find a way to have access to the
> datas.
> Is there a solution ?
> Thank you,
> Pierre, using 10.5.2

0
300ZX
1/11/2011 2:26:21 PM
getChild does only work with composite reports, so it's not
an option for what I wan't to achieve :-(

> Others may pipe in with a better approach but if you are
> getting a  handle on the nested(with getchild I presume)
> why not create a  standalone dw and inside the loop set
> the standalone dwo to the active  nested dwo and use
> sharedata to draw the data out of the nested. If that
> works then you can play with the standalone without the
> pain of nest  restrictions
>
> The only reason I suggest this is I just finished a
> project that does  the exact opposite by pushing data into
> the nested
>
> On 11/01/11 4:59 AM, Pierre wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'd like to create a generic function that accepts a DW
> > as argument, checks if there is(are) nested report(s) in
> > it and exports the nested reports' data to Excel.
> > So far I'm able to loop thru the DW objects and find the
> > nested reports, but I don't find a way to have access to
> > the datas.
> > Is there a solution ?
> > Thank you,
> > Pierre, using 10.5.2

0
Pierre

Copy data from Dynamic datawindow
I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by users based on this code: new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql, & 'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL) ...... dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create) However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and paste the data into, say notepad, etc... How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns and then copy them? Thanks for any help. if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into a string (eg. tab-...

Copy blobcolumn data between datawindows
I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it does have a blobcolumn). I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have an "ObjectData" property... Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the target row in the target datawindow to the database) ? Best regards Lars Sweden Well, GraphicObjectBlobColumn probably wouldn't...

copy data Excel in Dw
I want to input data from an Excel in a datawindow. How can I do ? To import data from Excel you can use OLE automation to create an Excel process in the background. OLEObject ole_object myoleobject = CREATE OLEObject ole_object = CREATE OLEObject If ole_object.ConnectToNewObject('Excel.application') <> 0 Then Messagebox('Rate Transfer','Could not connect to Excel~n~r Error code '+String(li_rc) ) Return -1 end if open the workbook ole_object.workbooks.Open(is_pathname) <--- contains path and excel filename to open //S...

Copy Datawindow Data to a Structure
Hi, I have seen an example of copying data of a datawindow to a Structure, but I don't remember the syntax. CAn you help me? I have tried: structrue_x istr_x dw_1.object.data = istr_x The above works but dw_1 contains more than 1 row, so I tried structrue_x istr_x[ ] dw_1.object.data = istr_x Then I got a systemerro. Kathy Kathylo@bigfoot.com PB 5 16Bit Kathy Your subject gives the impression that you want to copy the data FROM the datawindow TO a structure. But your sample script does the other way round. Otherwise you are on the right track. That...

Datawindow objects data copying
How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of fields than latter ? To be more clear ------------------ 1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields. 2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields. I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two". Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the data copying ? On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:11:25 +0530, Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can we copy data from one datawi...

Copying Data between DW and CrosstabDW
i face this problem: I have a DW1 with external DataSource. This DW1 gets his Data from another DW2 based on some selections that the User can do. DW2 is based on a select. This works fine. So the Structure of DW1 and DW2 are equal. Now i want to copy (sharing is impossible) the Data of DW1 - the local DW - with a crosstab DW based on the same select than DW2. Is this possible ? How can i do this ? DB: Oracle 8.1.7. PB: 8.0.1 please help a newbie Joachim dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Data = dw_2.Object.DataWindow.Data ...

Copy Data from Datawindow to RTF edit
Hi, I would like to know how to insert data from datawindow to a RTF editor! Kathy kathylo@bigfoot.com To cut, paste, or copy rich text using an RTF edit or DW you have to use the RTF functions: copyRTF(), cutRTF(), pasteRTF() To copy from an RTF dw or edit to a nonRTF just use the regular copy and paste functions. All formatting is automatically removed. To copy in the other direction, from a non RTF DW or edit to a RTF DW or edit, I think you'd have to extract the string, add starting and ending rtf codes (export a rtf file and view in text mode) then copytoclipbo...

Change Data source of DW at runtime
I have a datawindow, which is cretaed from external source. Is there a way to chnage the source of that data window to SQL select (at runtime)? I would appreciate your help. Not without allot of scripting! "Divya" <divyanareddy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:446ca179$1@forums-2-dub... > I have a datawindow, which is cretaed from external source. Is there a way > to chnage the source of that data window to SQL select (at runtime)? > > I would appreciate your help. > > > > The easiest method is to paint two datawin...

From DS to DW full data copying
Hi All, I have a composite DW "dw_report". The retrieving process is performed with datastore: my_datastore ds ds = create my_datastore ds.DataObject = "dw_report" ds.SetTransObject( SQLCA ) ds.Retrieve( args ) My question is How can I get retrieved data from the datastore in order to display it in my DW with composite report? I've tried to use GetFullState() and SetFullState() functions but it has not helped. Thanks for any advice On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:57:42 +0300, "Koliazine Dmitry" <Kolyazine@yandex.ru> wrote: You'll...

Data copy between two dw object
Hi: I need to copy data from a PSR file to database. so I first need to copy data in PSR file to a dw object which is defined using db data sorce. The columns in two dw objects defined with exactly same names and data types but having different order. I tried to copy data between them using RowsCopy(), but failed. Is there a simple way to copy data between them? Thanks dj lee ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Use following Syntax. dw_2.object.column1.primary = dw_1.object.column1.primary Shah din sani...

How to obtain dw control name at runtime
How can I determine the name of a given dw control at runtime. I have an existing application that needs to get info from a datawindow for further processing. This application makes extensive use of inheritance and seems to be the cause. I tried issuing a GetItemString and the system gives an error of NullObjectReference at runtime. There are some nonvisual proceses that occur when the window is opened and I am not sure exactally what occurs when executed, but the original window that is called is not valid after the data is retrieved. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Pl...

Nested Datawindow, accessing data in runtime
Is there any way to access any object embedded into a nested datawindow in runtime? TIA Yes, you can use ... a) "DC.Object.yourobj.property = value" aka Data Expression or dot notation or b) DC.Modify ("yourobj.property = value") Regards ... Chris "Olman Quesada" <quesadal@racsa.co.cr> wrote in message news:QS$8jVJdCHA.197@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to access any object embedded into a nested datawindow in > runtime? > > TIA > > ...

copy the data from a single column of DW
Hi I have the DW and it's data were retrieved. How can I copy the data from a single column of this DW to another place ( for example, to another DW)? Thanks Use dot notation: dest_dw.object.destcol = source_dw.object.sourcecol or string ls_array[] ls_array = source_dw.object.sourcecol Lookup 'Dot Notation' in the online help. S. �������� ���� wrote in message ... >Hi >I have the DW and it's data were retrieved. How can I copy the data from a >single column of this DW to another place ( for example, to another DW)? >Thanks > > ...

dw: copy data to other rows in table?
Our app has a datawindow based on table MYSUBM which has a primary key of subm_no. Suppose right now dw_subm has various data where subm_no = 123. Then the user changes the value of column MYADDR in that dw. I need to copy the data in this field to column MYADDR in two other rows in table MYSUBM, where subm_no = 124 and 125. I wonder if someone could suggest a good way to do this? Thanks much. A similar problem was discussed in the datawindow section in a thread titled "manipulate rowscopy". The first question is whether you will know for sure whether the rows to ...

Web resources about - copy data when dw name is only known at runtime ? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Android Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android Runtime ( ART ) is an application runtime environment used by the Android mobile operating system . ART replaces Dalvik , which is the ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

Experimental ART runtime available on new HTC One
Attention smartphone nerds — the new HTC One (M8) includes the option to use the experimental, pre-release ART runtime should you desire to make ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
It was only 3 months ago when we first met the brand new Android Runtime, dubbed ART . In that time it has gained a substantial following by ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.