Copy data from Dynamic datawindow

I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by users
based on this code:

new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql,  &
  'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL)
dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create)

However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and paste
the data into, say notepad, etc...

How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns and
then copy them?

Thanks for any help.

0
Binh

if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into
a string (eg. tab-delimited) and copy it to the clipboard yourself.

See PB help: clipboard()

In article <44724f84$1@forums-1-dub>, binhpham15@hotmail.com says...
> I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by users
> based on this code:
>
> new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql,  &
>   'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL)
> dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create)
>
> However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and paste
> the data into, say notepad, etc...
>
> How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns and
> then copy them?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
Bede
5/23/2006 7:48:24 AM
Thanks for the tip.

However, can there be an easier way such as turning on some kind of
attribute similar to richtext object, when you right-click the mouse, the a
popup menu allows you to copy/cut/paste?

"Bede" <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be> wrote in message
> if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into
> a string (eg. tab-delimited) and copy it to the clipboard yourself.
>
> See PB help: clipboard()
>

> In article <44724f84$1@forums-1-dub>, binhpham15@hotmail.com says...
>> I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by
>> users
>> based on this code:
>>
>> new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql,  &
>>   'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL)
>> dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create)
>>
>> However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and
>> paste
>> the data into, say notepad, etc...
>>
>> How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns
>> and
>> then copy them?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

0
Binh
5/23/2006 9:50:33 PM
true -see PBhelp:Copy()- but that will only copy the contents of the
focused row & column to the clipboard. i understood you wanted a
selection of data (several rows & columns)

In article <447383a9$1@forums-1-dub>, binhpham15@hotmail.com says...
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> However, can there be an easier way such as turning on some kind of
> attribute similar to richtext object, when you right-click the mouse, the a
> popup menu allows you to copy/cut/paste?
>

> "Bede" <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be> wrote in message
> > if you want to copy a selection of data, you'll need to compose it into
> > a string (eg. tab-delimited) and copy it to the clipboard yourself.
> >
> > See PB help: clipboard()
> >

> > In article <44724f84$1@forums-1-dub>, binhpham15@hotmail.com says...
> >> I have a datawindow displaying data based on dynamic SQL's entered by
> >> users
> >> based on this code:
> >>
> >> new_syntax = sqlca0.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql,  &
> >>   'Style(Type=Grid)', error_syntaxfromSQL)
> >> dw_bottom.Create(new_syntax, error_create)
> >>
> >> However, when the data displayed in the datawindow, I can not copy and
> >> paste
> >> the data into, say notepad, etc...
> >>
> >> How can I change that to be able to highlight bunch of rows and columns
> >> and
> >> then copy them?
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.

0
Bede

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

copy a datawindow into another datawindow
I have an instance datawindow declared : Ex: u_dw idw Then I do the following function: Function : of_registerdw(datawindow adw) Script : idw = adw In another function I want to set another datawindow(ldw) equal to idw I thought : u_dw ldw ldw = idw But when I destroy idw, also ldw is destroyed and that may not happen. How can I copy idw into ldw without destroying ldw when I destroy idw? Thanks for your time! Sandra Sandra, All you are doing is copying object reference to another variable. You are not actually copying datawindow. Use rows...

Composite datawindow and dynamical creation of datawindows
My composite datawindow has in the detail band 1 nested datawindows. The first nested datawindow is always fixed. What I want to do is to add dynamicly more drop down datawindows, is this possible. I've tried several options but it never worked, so I'm affraid it is not possible. Has anyone an idea. Thanks in advance. Marc. I have what appears to be a similar requirement, a dw with nested dw, and I want to modify the nested dw to alter some of the field labels at runtime. I've a feeling it's not possible, as GetChild doesn't work, presu...

Datawindow Nested Datawindow in data entry
hi!!! all , can i use nested datawindow in data entry to show important data ? means i want to show scrolling infomration on each row of a detail of a master detail screen. how can I do it ? means in an entry screen I want to show some scrolling information as the detail of detail on each row ? thanks , -neelesh If information is less you can simply add a dummy column,In detail screen. no the information is not less ... but the requirement is to make it as another detail as we don't know how much rows may come in it ... if it is more then the screen then ...

copying/transfering datawindow results to another datawindow
I have a window which display all the records in the datawindow and at runtime, I have the option of filtering the data. Once the data is filtered/unfiltered, I would like all the results to open in a new window generated in a specific report (datawindow). So, how can I copy all the data from the filtered results? and how do I pass these filtered results to the report datawindow? You can use one of the following * dw_source.RowsCopy(1, il_Rows, Filter!, dw_dest, 1, Filter!) or * dw_dest.Object.Data = dw_source.Object.Data (all date of all buffers is copi...

Altering data within datawindow when datawindow in querymode
Hello all I have this datawindow which has a field called ISBN, I have set this datawindow in querymode and I need to scan in the ISBN numbers into the DW for retrieval. The problem is that I only need the string from third position to the tenth position, mid(isbn, 3, 10). In itemchange event I am unable to change this field as its get inputed. In another word, I need to alter this field before the 'Where' clause is set for querymode to get executed. dw_isbn.object.querymode='N' dw_isbn.accepttext() dw_isbn.retrieve() I tried to change the data of this field...

Is there any issue in creating dynamic datawindow in Datawindow.Net?
Hi I have created a datawindow object in PB10 and exported in to SRD file. In my dot.net application, I read the file into string and issued the following command to create datawindow dynamically. But it throws an methodfailureexception error as "incorrect syntax at line 18 and column 14. Dim ls_create As String Dim fs As FileStream fs = New FileStream(curFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read) 'declaring a FileStream to open the file named file.doc with access mode of reading Dim d As New StreamReader(fs) 'creating a new StreamReader and passing the filestream...

copying/transfering datawindow results to another datawindow
I have a window which display all the records in the datawindow and at runtime, I have the option of filtering the data. Once the data is filtered/unfiltered, I would like all the results to open in a new window generated in a specific report (datawindow). So, how can I copy all the data from the filtered results? and how do I pass these filtered results to the report datawindow? This has been answered in another group, please don't cross post -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666 ...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Copy Datawindow Data to a Structure
Hi, I have seen an example of copying data of a datawindow to a Structure, but I don't remember the syntax. CAn you help me? I have tried: structrue_x istr_x dw_1.object.data = istr_x The above works but dw_1 contains more than 1 row, so I tried structrue_x istr_x[ ] dw_1.object.data = istr_x Then I got a systemerro. Kathy Kathylo@bigfoot.com PB 5 16Bit Kathy Your subject gives the impression that you want to copy the data FROM the datawindow TO a structure. But your sample script does the other way round. Otherwise you are on the right track. That...

Copy blobcolumn data between datawindows
I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it does have a blobcolumn). I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have an "ObjectData" property... Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the target row in the target datawindow to the database) ? Best regards Lars Sweden Well, GraphicObjectBlobColumn probably wouldn't...

Datawindow objects data copying
How can we copy data from one datawindow object of free form presentation style to another datawindow object that has more number of fields than latter ? To be more clear ------------------ 1. "dwo_one" has 10 fields. 2. "dwo_two" has 20 fields. I need to copy data from datawindow object "dwo_one" to "dwo_two". Does presentation style of the datawindow objects has any impact on the data copying ? On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:11:25 +0530, Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can we copy data from one datawi...

Web resources about - Copy data from Dynamic datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo