Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net

Hi,

Can someone please list the various methods we can use to
convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net
object ?

Thanks,

Sanjay
0
Converting

I'm lost.  There's no conversion necessary.  PB and DW.Net use the
same datawindow objects.

On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can someone please list the various methods we can use to
>convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net
>object ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sanjay

0
Bruce
2/20/2007 2:30:10 AM
Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that
we can modify the datawindow object in DW.Net.  But, can we
modify the object in Visual Studio 2005 ? Is there a plug in
?

We actually wanted to convert all of our datawindow object
so that they can be edited in a .Net based language.  Also,
we wanted to call the datawindow function (e.g. retrieve,
update, insert) at run-time within a .Net based language.
How can we doe that ?

Appreciate your help on this.

Sanjay

> I'm lost.  There's no conversion necessary.  PB and DW.Net
> use the same datawindow objects.
>
> On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to
> >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow
> net >object ?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Sanjay

0
Sanjay
2/20/2007 3:24:44 PM
DataWindow.Net 2.5 is currently in beta.  One of the features being tested
is the VS plugin that allows editing of the datawindow.  I suggest signing
up for the beta.

You've been able to modify the datawindow and call the retieve/update/insert
at runtime using a .Net based language since DataWindow.Net was first
released.

<Sanjay> wrote in message news:45db12bc.1106.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that
> we can modify the datawindow object in DW.Net.  But, can we
> modify the object in Visual Studio 2005 ? Is there a plug in
> ?
>
> We actually wanted to convert all of our datawindow object
> so that they can be edited in a .Net based language.  Also,
> we wanted to call the datawindow function (e.g. retrieve,
> update, insert) at run-time within a .Net based language.
> How can we doe that ?
>
> Appreciate your help on this.
>
> Sanjay
>
>> I'm lost.  There's no conversion necessary.  PB and DW.Net
>> use the same datawindow objects.
>>
>> On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to
>> >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow
>> net >object ?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Sanjay

0
Bruce
2/20/2007 5:22:43 PM
Great!  Thanks for your response.

> DataWindow.Net 2.5 is currently in beta.  One of the
> features being tested  is the VS plugin that allows
> editing of the datawindow.  I suggest signing  up for the
> beta.
>
> You've been able to modify the datawindow and call the
> retieve/update/insert  at runtime using a .Net based
> language since DataWindow.Net was first  released.
>
> <Sanjay> wrote in message
> > news:45db12bc.1106.1681692777@sybase.com... Thanks
> > Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we
> > can modify the datawindow object in DW.Net.  But, can we
> modify the object in Visual Studio 2005 ? Is there a plug
> > in ?
> >
> > We actually wanted to convert all of our datawindow
> > object so that they can be edited in a .Net based
> > language.  Also, we wanted to call the datawindow
> > function (e.g. retrieve, update, insert) at run-time
> > within a .Net based language. How can we doe that ?
> >
> > Appreciate your help on this.
> >
> > Sanjay
> >
> >> I'm lost.  There's no conversion necessary.  PB and
> DW.Net >> use the same datawindow objects.

> to >> >convert the standard datawindow object to a
> datawindow >> net >object ?

0
Sanjay
2/20/2007 6:45:26 PM
Any chance that will also fill the requests we've seen for a DW editor that
works from within a PB application?

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:45db2e63$1@forums-1-dub...
> DataWindow.Net 2.5 is currently in beta.  One of the features being tested
> is the VS plugin that allows editing of the datawindow.  I suggest signing
> up for the beta.
>
> You've been able to modify the datawindow and call the
> retieve/update/insert at runtime using a .Net based language since
> DataWindow.Net was first released.
>
> <Sanjay> wrote in message news:45db12bc.1106.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that
>> we can modify the datawindow object in DW.Net.  But, can we
>> modify the object in Visual Studio 2005 ? Is there a plug in
>> ?
>>
>> We actually wanted to convert all of our datawindow object
>> so that they can be edited in a .Net based language.  Also,
>> we wanted to call the datawindow function (e.g. retrieve,
>> update, insert) at run-time within a .Net based language.
>> How can we doe that ?
>>
>> Appreciate your help on this.
>>
>> Sanjay
>>
>>> I'm lost.  There's no conversion necessary.  PB and DW.Net
>>> use the same datawindow objects.

>>> net >object ?

0
Jerry

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

datawindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindow Within DataWindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

Help!!! Assign Datawindow into Datawindow object
Usually I used to assign a datawindow (dw_train) in a datawindow object (dw_1) in a window is go to propertise of datawindow object and browse for datawindow. My Question:- How to this action into pb script? If you want to assign datawindow 'd_my_dw' to a dw control dw_1 in your script, you would say dw_1.DataObject = 'd_my_dw' If you are going to make an executable, do not forget to include d_my_dw in your resource file. On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:34:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript CKS21 <cks21@tm.net.my> wrote: >Usually I used to...

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Web resources about - Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...